Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory gimbal calibration

Reaction score
I knocked the camera off my H for the second time and broke the gimbal mounting plate again.

After repair everything works fine I can manually pan-and-tilt and all the modes work however the camera is aiming at the right skid on boot up even when the pan knob is in the center.

I did several gimbal and accelerometer calibrations with no success. I read all the other threads regarding this issue and there does not seem to be a definitive answer.

The last time this happened I called Yuneec and they said that the gimbal needed a factory calibration so I sent it in. When I got it back everything worked great.

So I don't want to wait a month to have the gimbal calibrated by the factory does anyone know the procedure to do a factory gimbal calibration? Or is this something that requires special tools and software?

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I would call Vertigo Drones or Terrestrial Imaging and see if they can do it. I do believe it requires special software.

Reaction score
Is it facing 90° to one side? If so you might have screwed the gimbal at that angle, it happened to me once I repaired the lower mounting plate; I removed the 4 screws and lost the front of the yaw motor. Easy fix just remove and realign

Greetings

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Call Mike or Chris at Terrestrial. I don’t believe Vertigo has the ability to perform the factory camera cal but I know Terrestrial does. Although in New Jersey they have a quick turn around. Tell ‘em the 920 guy sent you;)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh nsw H plus