Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory reset?

It sounds like the controller's WIFI module is bad. I don't know whether it is a simple module failure or if the Factory reset / firmware update damaged it.

Was the controller working properly before the reset/update?

There is a process for recovering damaged files and update disasters. It's pretty tough and time consuming. And if the module has failed, it will not help.
Here is the link:

Morning, I'm in the same conundrum but I haven't tried any firmware updates, I just hit the "Factory Resets" to clear any possible previous owner changes or locations,

Before doing this the remote and bird would bind, compass calibration went ok and the camera worked fine.

So what should be my very first step before I plug into a computer?

Both the Tx and bird have fully charged batteries,

And should I start my own thread?

Have you created a new model and tried to bind to the new model?
If so, and you still can't get a bind, the next step would be to run the complete binding diagnostics sequence. Refer to Attachment 32 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project. Perform every step. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or you are not certain, then stop and report what you see to the Forum.

Great, got the camera view back on the controller, the rear bottom led changes color when I switch flight modes, it's flashing, is that normal?

matter of fact all the LED's are flashing, front are flashing white and the rear are flashing red

The little led in the left air vent is on solid orange.

so now a few min's later, I didn't touch anything and all the LED's are on solid front white and rear red.

were the flashing LED's meaning it was still waiting for the GPS to fully load, I notice on the screen that GPS state's "Ready"
Before it was Acquiring.

Yes. ARM and rear LEDs continue to flash until GPS is acquired. If the rear LED is solid green when the switch is in the up position, solid purple when in the middle, and flashing red when down, then it sounds like you are good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy