Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Failed to Record?

Reaction score
**** All,

I am new to this so here goes. I crashed my Q500 and have rebuilt it and it flies well, but when I try to record or take a picture there is a message at the top of the screen in red that says "Failed to record". I do have the SD card in the camera. Note: When I turn the power on on the Q500 and it's booting up there is a buzzing noise and a blue LED flashes on the small transmitter board nest to the Flight control board. Any Suggestions?

Have you tried with another SD card? Does it take photos?
Haven't tried that yet. Someone else told me to try reformatting it also. I will try that and if not I will get another SD card, Thanks

PS: Doesn't take Photos either

Last edited:
I had trouble with mine initially, but after inserting it again, then ejecting it, them pushing it back in, it worked fine.

Well, I removed the SD card and reinserted it with no change. Then I put the new one in and it works, strange thing is, when I insert the card in my PC, it reads everything on it. Thanks for your input guys! :)

I've flown the Q500 4k a year or so for a realty company and I have this same issue. Still have it, actually. At least once during every flight or with the gimbal pistol grip, I've encountered the "Failed to start recording," Or "Failed to stop recording." However, I quickly learned that if I just wait a second or so, the camera signal catches up and it begins, or stops, recording.

And yes, despite encountering this on dozens of occasions, it does record to the SD card properly. Perhaps you're experiencing the same thing. Honestly, after a while, I gave up trying to fix it and went with the flow.

In summation, maybe try giving it a moment and see if the feed catches up. If so, just have a little faith and your shots should still come out great.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Mine still does this on occasion, and so far the only thing that fixes it is ejecting and re-inserting it. I did give it a minute to see if maybe it was just an initialization issue, but it never would right itself.

However, you also get the same error if it's full. If your PC is formatting it, it may be sticking hidden space-eating files, or making it part of the Windows pagefile system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech