Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Falling from the sky

Reaction score
Posting this for a buddy. He was flying his H after updating to the September 13th update. All was normal, when suddenly the Motors stopped and it fell from the sky. Camera was running all the way down until it hit. Major damage. Camera, gimbal, arms and body crushed. Scared thing is, we have no idea why i I just added the video of his last flight. As you can see, camera was running right to the ground.

Last edited:
Here are a few photos of the aftermath.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
It can't be a battery issue as the camera was receiving power until it hit. He has footage from the moment the props stopped until it hit.

Posting the telemetry file would be more useful. Some on here know how to read them and it might hold some answers for you.

Also immediately get in touch with Yuneec. They're obviously not openly admitting it, but the last two software updates have been a total disaster for a good number of H units. They are basically accepting and fixing/repairing them without question.

I have the same problem.
Was flying smooth, and all of the sudden, all motors stop. It fall from abaut 15/20 meters, i was less that 30meters.
Send it to Yuneec Europe, and they said that was a magnetic/electomagnetic interference. Thats not true, as i already writ in here (Falling from the sky coment 34 )
Yuneec ask 800€ to replace the drone for something that is a error from the Typhoon. I also know at least 5 more cases like this.
I think that is a failure from Yuneec and they should replace the drone.
Also 3 weeks later another problem and another crash, also failure from Yuneec Typhoom, and when i ask them only tos see the log files, they said that that eas not posible. Only if i sent the Typhoon to them.
Bad service Yuneec Europe

Mine is staying grounded until Yuneec gets their act together and gets a firmware update that's stable. If i had my time back, I would give up the so-called added features for a unit that is stable.

I think that is normal a new product have some issues, Iphone is on they 7 th version and as problems from the start. But this is something that could hurt people, and not assuming that is their error, blame it on the buyers, and don´t replace the equipment, just make me mad!

Perhaps it's time they issue a stay grounded announcement, until they figure out the bugs in their software.

It may not be a firmware issue at all. It could be hardware related.

I've seen this in Pixhawk in 2014 with a defective component on the board

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel David