Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

False Advertisement?

DJI: False Advertisement or Failure to Read Fine Print?

The denied a claim because the pilot was flying over water. But here is a frame grab from their promotional video for the Mavic Air.

View attachment 9478
HI STEVE
NO MATTER WHAT COMPANY OR MANUFACTURER.
I THINK THEY WILL ALL TRY TO WEASEL OUT OF
NOT OWNING UP TO THE WARRANTY.
YUNEEC TRIED WITH ME MANY MONTHS BACK BY SAYING
I WENT INTO THE CHANEL SETTINGS.
I ARGUED MY POINT THAT I DID NOT.
AND I REALLY DIDN'T, BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT THOSE SETTINGS. THEY FINALLY SIDED WITH ME. AFTER 4 MONTHS AND REPAIRED MY TYPHOON H WITH REALSENSE.
ALL YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED BY MANY PEOPLE.
KEITH KUHN
PS - I THINK THEY DO THAT TO WEAR DOWN YOUR WARRANTY TIME. AS I THINK THEY WILL DO WITH MY LATEST OCCURRENCE. WE WILL SEE. I AM STILL LIVING AND LEARNING.

Surprised that story gained any traction. It is a pretty well known fact around the DJI forums that you must recover the drone to have the additional care package. The guy really as no one to blame but himself. He flew with warnings but decided to ignore them. I feel bad for him as no one wants to lose their drone but he failed to read up on the warranty he purchased speculating what it would cover instead of actually checking the coverage and requirements before dropping his cash.

True enough. I think the rub is the promo video showing a use for the drone which is in contradiction of the contract fine print.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval