Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Filter size on E90, where are videos stored, grease on gimbal

Reaction score
ND filters are a must for video - the lens states 23mm but then it comes with an apparent step up adapter ring. Don't know the size of the ring. What size ND filters should I get please?

Also are videos stored on the ST16S - I can see the stills but no videos, thought they were stored there too ony at 720p.

Next is it possible to get the files off the E90 without pulling the card. Connecting the USB to my Windows laptop found the camera but not as a camera, some other device I had never heard of and cant see the disc.

Lastly I am seeing grease coming out of the gimbal- both at the main center area and from individual spots on the corners. Normal?

Sorry for all the newbie questions! Appreciate the experts on the forum!

Here are several add-ons that fit the H520/E90 system. i am not promoting them, just saying that they fit.

A 40.5MM filter. Any standard 40.5MM filter should work using the E90-provided adapter ring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014Q8HX88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

40.5MM lens cap.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G40WY4Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Perfect, way better than waiting for someone to make them labeled "for E90" Thanks!

how about the questions on getting files off card/camera and the grease leaking

how about the questions on getting files off card/camera and the grease leaking

The fastest way is to connect the sd card to the computer. However, if you connect the USB cable to the computer, it will be displayed as a storage device and you can move it to the computer.

I've been told the actual thread diameter on the E90 is 39mm. And the included adapter simply allows for 40.5mm as that is more common.
I've ordered a UV filter in 39mm. Supposed to arrive in the next few days. if it fits I'll let you know so that you don't need to use the adaptor as that puts more strain on the gimbal motors apparently.

I've been told the actual thread diameter on the E90 is 39mm. And the included adapter simply allows for 40.5mm as that is more common.
I've ordered a UV filter in 39mm. Supposed to arrive in the next few days. if it fits I'll let you know so that you don't need to use the adaptor as that puts more strain on the gimbal motors apparently.

If you don't have filters, it is better to buy them directly from that size than to use the adapter.

I corrected Rayray's size because official information says it's 40.5mm.

Please tell us, it is always best to go to size directly.

If you don't have filters, it is better to buy them directly from that size than to use the adapter.

I corrected Rayray's size because official information says it's 40.5mm.

Please tell us, it is always best to go to size directly.
The 40.5 I bought does fit the adapter. But I am curious if 39mm works. Why wouldnt Yuneec just say the camera uses a 39mm filter?

The 40.5 I bought does fit the adapter. But I am curious if 39mm works. Why wouldnt Yuneec just say the camera uses a 39mm filter?

Well, all the information I found on Yuneec says 40.5mm. Where did you see it say 39mm? Just out of curiosity

Take the E-90 to a camera store and test fit some different ring sizes to determine which size fits best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dougcjohn
Still waiting for the arrival of the test 39mm UV filter.

I tried finding the resource where I first picked up on the 39mm potential a week or two ago and couldn't find it. However, I did come across this in the mean time:
Yuneec H520 with E90 Camera

At the very bottom it states the thread diameter is 39mm

As soon as the UV filter arrives I'll test it on the E90 and update this thread to confirm one way or another whether 39mm is the native thread. Cheers

Reactions: arruntus
Still waiting for the arrival of the test 39mm UV filter.

I tried finding the resource where I first picked up on the 39mm potential a week or two ago and couldn't find it. However, I did come across this in the mean time:
Yuneec H520 with E90 Camera

At the very bottom it states the thread diameter is 39mm

As soon as the UV filter arrives I'll test it on the E90 and update this thread to confirm one way or another whether 39mm is the native thread. Cheers

Three people had already mentioned some of the 39mm. I went crazy looking for it and on the official website I only found 40.5mm. There is less time left to check if there is no need for an adapter to directly attach the filters that would be best. Please tell us about it.

Unfortunately, I ordered the filters last night at 40.5mm :rolleyes:

The thread on the camera is I believe 39mm external thread. Normal camera filters have an external thread to fit on an internal thread on the lens. Hence the need for the adaptor that comes with the E90 that has a 39mm internal thread on one side and a 40.5 internal thread on the other. I don't think a 39mm lens filter would work as it would have a 39mm external thread and it needs to be an internal thread. Does that make sense or did I just confuse myself, been a long day!

Reactions: Graham
39mm UV filter arrived. Fits perfectly :)

Without the need to fit the adapter ring?

I've got the 40.5mm ones on the way yet.

That's good news, it's too late for me.

I'm sorry Rayray and other comrades, of course :oops:

I fear that this is yet another case of lack of information or incomplete information.

will buy this pack, cause better to have more filters (than needed)

thx for the link
Be carefull at the moment. I ordered a full set of the Freewell filters the cpl filters fit but all the ND filters were too big and don't screw tight. They replaced them and now the bright set fit, but standard set still too big. They just refunded the standard set as they don't know when the issue will be fixed. Good customer service though. They don't want the faulty ones back and they are usable if you add a few turns of ptfe plumbers tape, not an ideal solution, but will keep me going until they sort the problem.

Reactions: NRHK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18