Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally decided to update to latest Firmware and tested.

Finished updating one and did a test flight, updating another now. I also experienced a change in the way it takes off. Seems to do it in a two step where the first is less aggressive at first and then transitions to a faster climb rate.

Those that like to drive their H to the ground and possibly tip them over should like the descent to landing a bit better. It also seems to be a little less twitchy when hovering close to the ground. Hover stability 20' off the ground in very low wind is very good.

The problem with adjusting the max altitude that was present in b27 is rectified in b30. Connect to the GUI and adjust away. Be sure to exit the GUI using the File tab at the top left of the page. That seems to "stick" the geo fence changes in the autopilot. Re-set your RTH altitude after binding everything again. It defaults to 20 meters during the update process.

No problems with the b30 firmware on this end.

Edit: The second one works just as good as the first.

Last edited:
Reactions: JulesTEO
Finished updating one and did a test flight, updating another now. I also experienced a change in the way it takes off...

Another important difference I noted and forgot to mention sooner is that it seems as if the aircraft is much more sensitive now to landing on slopes.

A few months ago I made a video about landing the H on a 25º slope and the H had some struggling, kind of expected as 25º is very steep.

But recently I went out flying and landed on a much less noticeable slope and experienced similar Idling struggling. This could be part of a better response from Autopilot stability when flying, but definitely something to be cautious when landing on non-level surfaces.

Here's a video showing what I mean:

Greetings!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval