Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally found the issue with Breeze 4k drone

Reaction score
Hey so as my other post said this thing from day 1 hasnt worked and 3 years ago it went intothe closet until a fewweeks ago where I found myself wanting to fix it. Well got it to fly finally , seems iOS board wasnt soldered to motor control board.
But even after that it was doing weird things and seemed like one motor was slower than the rest even though the winding on the motor coils seemed fine and it was intermitant also.
Well look what i found onthe back side of the board sandwiched face down into anptherboard so unless u take apart the drone fully u would never see this.
What does that IC control? I'm guessing the motor I have intermittent problems with? Does anybody know anything about these I see these are this bored particular and what I'm looking at exactly part wise and replace it I can't seem see the numbers on it it could be my eyes so I'll see if someone later when they get home can check it but if someone knows I've looked everywhere and so far in the last 2 hours 3 hours have not found anything that really could help me except that other people they have knocked off their IPs board state that afterwards sometimes motor for which I'm assuming is the same motor cuz I said in the back and that's the one I'm having problems with doesn't work right now. I'm wondering if maybe the ips board shorted out some contacts and cause the damage to the IC fromtheother side of the mobo ?
Like I said I don't know much about the board I cannot find any wiring diagrams or any kind of diagrams on this thing for hours now lol.

Attachments

• 20210629_210221.jpg
    20210629_210221.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
You won’t find any schematics. Yuneec never released even a block diagram much less a schematic.

You might check with @Yuneec Skins to see if he can sell you a replacement M7 board.

The defective part is a MOSFET from the power output to the motor coils of the ESC. For each motor there should be one processor and 6 MOSFETS (two per motor coil).

The priciples are described here as example:
ESC schematics are pretty similar to that.

The defect part seem to be a dual MOSFET (two in one):

And yes, this motor runs on 2 of 3 cylinder.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
The defective part is a MOSFET from the power output to the motor coils of the ESC. For each motor there should be one processor and 6 MOSFETS (two per motor coil).

br HE
Well that would explain why new from the box this thing took off in a sideways wheelie lol , well I found this online pretty much new never flown been in a closet for two years , kinda like mine lol
But he is sending me all this for 30.00 so might just see how this one flys when it gets here if it has any problems between the both of them I should be able to make a hopefully better than new working breeze 4k .
I am so happy because still used ppl areselling these for 200.00 plus !!! Like ok , I thought I was going to pass out when ifound this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-204706_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-204706_Facebook.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey thanks for the info!!! Thatsite is great especially for breeze resources!!
As u can see from my other reply I found a new breeze open box never flown, never. The guy is older and said he nenevnenevenenevnenever got around to figuring it out and said 30.00 for all the stuff in the pic

br HE
Hey you seem to know alot about these drones and electronics in general , have u seen any one swap the chassis on one of these ?
I am thinking with the altered range software that I have with the restrictions that were set originally by yuneec this drone becomes way more of a drone worth keeping.
Now I find that this chassis is great for what it is but limits the maximum amount of battery space. I have managed to fit a 2200Mah 3s battery into the stock frame and body but am thinking of bigger things my friend.
I found this last night and was thinking of buying two of them one for a real fpv freestyle race/ long range drone and one for the yuneec breeze's hardware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701-070935_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701-070935_Google.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210701-070944_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701-070944_Google.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 8
I never saw a Breeze on another frame. Breeze is more a selfie-drone, means different customers.
But I see no reason why it should not work.
if:
- diameter of the frame is the same,
- direction/alignment of compass and IMU is the same
- compass awy from motors an cabling with high current (wires ESC - motor).

I did this with different frames on my Blade 350QX:

br HE

Reactions: Varsaggo
I never saw a Breeze on another frame. Breeze is more a selfie-drone, means different customers.
But I see no reason why it should not work.
if:
- diameter of the frame is the same,
- direction/alignment of compass and IMU is the same
- compass awy from motors an cabling with high current (wires ESC - motor).

I did this with different frames on my Blade 350QX:

br HE
there ya go!! yeah something like that just for the breeze , lol , how long that take u to swap over to that frame?

I do not exactly remember how long it took. Most of the time was spent to make the frame with cheap parts from hardware store and whatever I found at my garage. 2-3 days I would say. I must say I tried some frames with different materials and formats - cross, dead cat; the H form was the last. The story with pictures but in German is here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/350QX_Rahmenstory_de.pdf

The Blade 350 QX flight controller had Acro flight mode already build-in. This mode is not available for the Breeze as far as I know. Flight controller is different.

br HE

I do not exactly remember how long it took. Most of the time was spent to make the frame with cheap parts from hardware store and whatever I found at my garage. 2-3 days I would say. I must say I tried some frames with different materials and formats - cross, dead cat; the H form was the last. The story with pictures but in German is here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/350QX_Rahmenstory_de.pdf

The Blade 350 QX flight controller had Acro flight mode already build-in. This mode is not available for the Breeze as far as I know. Flight controller is different.

br HE
Sweet I'll check out the link and just translate with Google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots