Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fine cracks on top shell….Yuneec Excellent Customer Service??? mmm…

Reaction score
First I just wanted to say, it is not my intention to trash Yuneec Customer Service, I just want to share my experience and use this forum to see if I can get any real assistance.

I also have a Phantom 4 and had a Phantom 3. Everybody knows about the stress cracks on the P3, I experienced that issue with the P3 as well. I never imagined that I will have a similar situation with my Typhoon H. On August 1st my buddy and I were flying our drones and I noticed 2 fine cracks on the top shell of my Typhoon H, needless to say I was very surprised.
I immediately called Yuneec customer service, the representative asked me like 500 questions and he was very reluctant when I described the issue. He asked me to send some photos.
When I called back to see if they got my photos Cristina Quintana handled my call and she was very gracious and very nice and assisted me with my issue, offered me a replacement and sent me a UPS label to send the unit.

I sent my H and it was delivered on August 8th. On August 10th I received and email with a Sales Order number and a UPS Shipping date of August 11th but I never received any tracking number from UPS. I emailed Cristina and she said it was on “Q&A” I asked about a time frame she said “it usually takes about a week”. A week goes by and I emailed her again and she said it was still on “Q&A” .
A few days later I called and the representative said that they don't have any units for replacement as they were in “back order”. At this point I am confused, I called again yesterday and a gentleman name “Axel” asked me for my UPS tracking, my sales order numbers and said that he was going to send an email to request information. I called back again today and still no one knows anything.

Like I stated before Im not here to trash Yuneec, I am aware there is no such thing as a perfect company, but I bought the H because is a great drone and I always read good things about their customer service. Unfortunately my experience so far had been far from excellent.

If anybody from Yuneec would like to give me any real update, I will really appreciate it

Last edited:
Could you post the photos here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious to understand how and where stress cracks can develop on the shell.
My understanding is that the 6 carbon fibre wings that take the load are linked to a central hub and the shell sees no loading.

mwelr, Im curious to know too, I read this forum everyday and I never read anyone with this issue

Cracks are cracks regardless if its a stress point or not. Given that it is also still under warranty, Yuneec should come through with a replacement.

Reactions: Junito777
Could you post the photos here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious to understand how and where stress cracks can develop on the shell.
My understanding is that the 6 carbon fibre wings that take the load are linked to a central hub and the shell sees no loading.
That's a first for me. I have not seen any posts on any of the forums of cracks in the H. Very strange.

That's a first for me. I have not seen any posts on any of the forums of cracks in the H. Very strange.
It is very strange, I've just looked closer at mine for sure there is no way to put a flight load on the shell, and just like his there is a gap between the wing terminal "press" section, and the shell, the shell material also appears to be flexible and not brittle.
The only way I can imagine that it would crack is if the top shell had been taken off, and maybe sat on, or if it had been taken off that the screws were not aligned properly when putting it back together, what makes me a little more curious is the marking in gap between the shells. I'd like to understand the full history of his one, mainly if any mods were done etc..Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 14.19.24.png

It is very strange, I've just looked closer at mine for sure there is no way to put a flight load on the shell, and just like his there is a gap between the wing terminal "press" section, and the shell, the shell material also appears to be flexible and not brittle.
The only way I can imagine that it would crack is if the top shell had been taken off, and maybe sat on, or if it had been taken off that the screws were not aligned properly when putting it back together, what makes me a little more curious is the marking in gap between the shells. I'd like to understand the full history of his one, mainly if any mods were done etc..View attachment 2662
No I didnt remove the shell and nor there are any mods made and mostly Please dont quit your day job to be a investigator

No I didnt remove the shell and nor there are any mods made and mostly Please dont quit your day job to be a investigator
It's very strange, I'm just trying to understand, you did refer to it as the top shelf, which suggests you have familiarity with self builds, and maybe curiosity or reason to open it up, I'm not point fingers, just asking questions as it is a bizarre and unique issue among users here.
Can you let us know what the Yuneec determine the cause to be, maybe it's a bad mould whatever it's a mystery to be solved!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval