Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Build 822 Just Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated and flew 2 flights. Ran through each smart mode (except team), angle and sport modes. No surprises and very smooth in all operations. I'll see if I can get the PW for you, but I don't do any calibrations unless told by the SW/FW. except if travelling over 100 miles and will then do a compass. Been flying/building for years and that's the way I do it, not telling you to. The fact that the other calibrations are in a special access menu should be a clue that they are not needed except as requested. YMMV.

Well it is good to hear that the flying portion works as intended. Did you have the gimbal buzz problems before updating? What was your previous Firmware version?
The point is: with this new version unless you find the password - you can't do the other calibrations. Thats a problem for some

Oh, I agree there should be no password at all, and it would be nice for Yuneec to give us a heads up that this would be in the 'Official' update and possibly tell us what the password is.
Yuneec no longer communicates, there is less humanity, business remains, it's a shame because the architecture of Typhoon is fantastic.
I repeat: the people who designed the T PLUS and the 520 are not the same ones who designed the 480 (much more attentive to the users' preoccupations) or the director is no longer the same. Result: we patinated and tested

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Well it is good to hear that the flying portion works as intended. Did you have the gimbal buzz problems before updating? What was your previous Firmware version?
The point is: with this new version unless you find the password - you can't do the other calibrations. Thats a problem for some
No buzzing before update or after. Was flying 809. The PW was added so that only at the request of support would users access those options, as they aren't needed by the vast majority of the public. That menu was never intended to be public, even when it was just multiple taps to get in. Otherwise it would have simply been a single tap menu item and not hidden.

Nothing in there is needed for the upgrade, which in my opinion you should do. If there is something specific someone want me to test before they upgrade, let me know. I just flew 2 long flights of testing functions with no issues.

I've also upgraded to 822 from 784, after testing 806 and 809.
Will do some quick tests tomorrow but the real test would be - if weather permits - on weekend at the football field that I do all my tests.

Reactions: RPR and 10-8
If there’s a password in the advance menu, are the gyro and accelerometer relocated elsewhere?

talk with yuneec, they said the orginal purpose for the password is to protect the global OTA only for interal test

i think the hidden menu mainly is for factory calibration, we shuold not care it in normal upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Well, I got bit. Update went fine, except now the C23 will not connect. Will not even try. I get a "No SSID Found" message. When power up the camera LED is red, goes green for an instant, 2 green flashes, then a whiteish, then flashing purple. A couple of times I got the menu to show the C23 and even allow me to enter a password (1234567890), but then nothing happens. Gimbal move, just no camera WiFi connection. I even shut my WiFi router off in the house, no luck.

So, my camera is bricked.

You mean that IMU/Accelerometer and gyro calibration is only intended for beta testers? That is why they are both hidden?

How am I able to calibrate the IMU module and gyro? If I’m not able to, this means that they are precalibrated within the build package?

Well, I got bit. Update went fine, except now the C23 will not connect. Will not even try. I get a "No SSID Found" message.
I got that message too, but I hit refresh and it showed up. I was then able to connect without issue.

Bummer about the brick! You might need to downgrade to 809 and try again. You should be able to load the C23 file on an SD card and power up the camera without the controller on. Hopefully the camera will recognize the card, if so it will load the firmware from the card and it should boot up again.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Only when Yuneec CS thinks you need to! Just don’t have your TH + puke on the weekend or when Yuneec CS can’t be reached.

I forgot, that’s most of the time.

The other PITA is the OTA update instead of a download and place on SD media.

Edit: I just figured out Yuneec’s meaning of OTA - Oh, Try Again!

Last edited:
I got that message too, but I hit refresh and it showed up. I was then able to connect without issue.

Bummer about the brick! You might need to downgrade to 809 and try again. You should be able to load the C23 file on an SD card and power up the camera without the controller on. Hopefully the camera will recognize the card, if so it will load the firmware from the card and it should boot up again.

Mine just won't connect. I'll have to figure out how to go backwards. No clue how to use the SD card as you mentioned. Where are the files I would copy to the card?On the card in the ST16S?

Yes, it's the reply from yuneec
Thank you. But there are other items to access from that menu, so we need the password. How do we obtain that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos