Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware update question

Reaction score
I did an update on my q500 4k today and now no power to the blades. it has lights and sound just no spinning. any help and I'm new to yuneec. also I just did the update to the drone.

I did an update on my q500 4k today and now no power to the blades. it has lights and sound just no spinning. any help and I'm new to yuneec. also I just did the update to the drone.
After rebooting the Q and the ST10 did you do the binding process?

yes but I think my problem is I only did the drone. Im working now on the st10plus

yes but I think my problem is I only did the drone. Im working now on the st10plus
There are Youtube videos that can help do the binding. You have to do the aircraft and the controller at the same time to complete the binding.

what I meant to say was that I didn't update the transmitter just the drone. I'm working now on that. I followed the directions on binding but it would not bind.

Ah, okay. Let me know how it goes.
Ok I updated the transmitter and still not binding. I go through the process and see the model number on the screen, tap it and hit ok but it goes away after that. The camera is recognized and stays on the screen. I can adjust the camera up and down but no activation of the blades. It gives off a descending tone after holding down red button.

Ok I updated the transmitter and still not binding. I go through the process and see the model number on the screen, tap it and hit ok but it goes away after that. The camera is recognized and stays on the screen. I can adjust the camera up and down but no activation of the blades. It gives off a descending tone after holding down red button.
Create a new model, give it a name and then bind. Be sure to bind the Q500 first and then the camera. You may have to enter the password for the camera.

Just to be clear......you are tipping the Q forward until you see the orange flashing light?

Steve, I can't thank you enough! I created another drone and it bound and looks to be fine. I will fly it in a while but I've got a good to go on the transmitter and the lights. Hope for the best! Thanks again

Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve, I can't thank you enough! I created another drone and it bound and looks to be fine. I will fly it in a while but I've got a good to go on the transmitter and the lights. Hope for the best! Thanks again
Nice!!!

what is the version as of today on a 500q 4k i just got from a friend on a deal and i just doing my home work
and what is the numbers on a full load battery ?

Hi... I just checked my ST10 Hardware version and it is 1.4. Would I realize much benefit by updating it ? It has been working good.

Hi... I just checked my ST10 Hardware version and it is 1.4. Would I realize much benefit by updating it ? It has been working good.
The 1.4 would be for the Q500. The current version is 1.07 for the Q and st10+v01b29c for the ST10+.
You should do the updates. There is a pdf file included in the download that explains the update procedure. Also some Youtube videos. The listed improvements on the download page are:
• Return to Home Improved: In case of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
• Improved GPS performance
• Improved Typhoon performance in wind
• Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
• Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
• Improved landing characteristics
• Wizard connectivity

Make certain you select the right page for the downloads for your camera. Either the Q500+ or the Q500 4K. Also notice there is a ST10 and a ST10+. Most are the plus model.

Support Downloads

The 1.4 would be for the Q500. The current version is 1.07 for the Q and st10+v01b29c for the ST10+.
You should do the updates. There is a pdf file included in the download that explains the update procedure. Also some Youtube videos. The listed improvements on the download page are:
• Return to Home Improved: In case of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
• Improved GPS performance
• Improved Typhoon performance in wind
• Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
• Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
• Improved landing characteristics
• Wizard connectivity

Make certain you select the right page for the downloads for your camera. Either the Q500+ or the Q500 4K. Also notice there is a ST10 and a ST10+. Most are the plus model.

Support Downloads

Thanks Steve.. great info! Sounds like I need to upgrade. I was reluctant last year after hearing about issues with a firmware. So I ignored it till now. Both my Q500 + and Q 4K have been working great. They 1.4 I saw was on the st10 for the 4K. I didn't check the drone version but I know it is outdated. Doing my most important job this weekend and so I am afraid to touch anything till next week.

so I am afraid to touch anything till next week.
Wise choice there. Read the instructions 2-3 times and watch the videos. There are ways to mess this up but going a step at a time gets good results. Use fully charged batteries on both.

Exercise in frustration today. Wanted to update my Q500 4K. Downloaded the GUI program and followed everything. Thought for a moment that the unit was connected as I saw info that pertained to the bird on the GUI screen. Now, nothing. Red light in the bottom left corner of the GUI says disconnected. Nothing I have done, in any sequence has brought it back. Is there any other way to upgrade the firmware? I wanted to do both the bird and ST10+. I have read that if you do one, you have to do the other. I won't do the ST10 unless I can do the bird first. Is there a way to do it with a card or some other device? Windows would not install the drivers as it popped up a message saying that better ones were already installed. I've rebooted, uninstalled the GUI and done it again. Turned things on and plugged them in in all manner of order. Still no go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace