Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update released H520 1.6.5

My interpretation of the video was that the terrain follow mode used the elevation data provided by AirMap, as the maps that we DataPilot uses are 2D. I assume Yuneec are using this AirMap API. It'd be nice to see the AirMap integrated as an option in DataPlanner, this would help enormously with flight planning, NOTAMS, aerodrome boundaries, etc.
Airmap is not used. When you choose the 'Offline Maps' section you can choose which terrain map you want to use; Google, Statkart, ENIRO, or Esri. Some of those will depend on what area of the world you are. Same with the 2D maps, you choose which you want displayed.

My interpretation of the video was that the terrain follow mode used the elevation data provided by AirMap, as the maps that we DataPilot uses are 2D. I assume Yuneec are using this AirMap API. It'd be nice to see the AirMap integrated as an option in DataPlanner, this would help enormously with flight planning, NOTAMS, aerodrome boundaries, etc.

I understood it that way, too, and that's why I was asking. It could be understood as a fact or as a declaration of intentions. But clarified, tomorrow we'll see.

Hi 10-8,

I get that, I regularly switch maps that I use depending on what I'm doing and where but what I was suggesting is that it would be useful if airmap was an option. I personally would love that, even if it was just in the desktop version to assist with flight planning.
Airmap is not used. When you choose the 'Offline Maps' section you can choose which terrain map you want to use; Google, Statkart, ENIRO, or Esri. Some of those will depend on what area of the world you are. Same with the 2D maps, you choose which you want displayed.

Be careful what you wish for. I've heard some very poor things about AirMap. There are issues with their airspace data and its accuracy. But the biggest issue is their attitude to the drone community. They have been shown in the US to be lobbying for rules and legislation that would leave them the gate keeper to the general airspace. This is amongst other lobbying they have been doing which remains anti-hobbyist & anti-commercial drone operator. Any other provider would be preferable to AirMap.

Be careful what you wish for. I've heard some very poor things about AirMap. There are issues with their airspace data and its accuracy. But the biggest issue is their attitude to the drone community. They have been shown in the US to be lobbying for rules and legislation that would leave them the gate keeper to the general airspace. This is amongst other lobbying they have been doing which remains anti-hobbyist & anti-commercial drone operator. Any other provider would be preferable to AirMap.
Yikes, that's not cool.

I'd like to see some data and facts to back up this scurrilous claim. If you can't, don't post it. This isn't a gossip forum.

Me too haha. But seriously, I would like to see this evidence because I use Airmap occasionally.

Use another thread please, I'm already fearing 50 messages on the subject AirMap, which I think is interesting, but in the end we filled the thread of the update with things that have nothing to do with it directly ????

Reactions: AH-1G
Found a glitch, accelerator calibration does not show anymore a nice 8 square graphical track. It shows a written log file. :-(

Found a glitch, accelerator calibration does not show anymore a nice 8 square graphical track. It shows a written log file. :-(
Hi Sarah,

try again ... I experienced the same, seems to be a Hick-Up after an unsuccessfull calibration. After several attemps the graphical track showed again and everything worked well.
Be patient and do not try to find a logical explanation ... it's not a trick, it's Yuneec ;);)

Greetings Marc

Reactions: Sarah
Hi Sarah,

try again ... I experienced the same, seems to be a Hick-Up after an unsuccessfull calibration. After several attemps the graphical track showed again and everything worked well.
Be patient and do not try to find a logical explanation ... it's not a trick, it's Yuneec ;);)

Greetings Marc
Sounds like Mercedes-Benz ... Nice cars but with a lack of 'logic' :)

Has anyone had a problem with the E90 after the update? My camera went crazy and wound up inverting during flight...(has never happened ) I also tried to get this to occur again but was unsuccessful. I did notice that when I did the upgrade to the E90 the camera calibrated oddly(the calibration during the update the camera was in a weird not normal position from what it normally looks like when it does it lil dance)but when I recalibrated(after the update was successful and complete) It calibrated normal. ( also did a compass and IMU calibration before my flight) Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

Has anyone had a problem with the E90 after the update? My camera went crazy and wound up inverting during flight...(has never happened ) I also tried to get this to occur again but was unsuccessful. I did notice that when I did the upgrade to the E90 the camera calibrated oddly(the calibration during the update the camera was in a weird not normal position from what it normally looks like when it does it lil dance)but when I recalibrated(after the update was successful and complete) It calibrated normal. ( also did a compass and IMU calibration before my flight) Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue.
My E90 has done that many times, been back for repair to yuneec and still did the same, its finally gone back this week what will be a replacement i hope as the gimbal is now dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech