Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
To inform everyone that not only yuneec sometimes creates new problems when they correct some other problems with a new firmwre update.
I can remember firmware updates for the DJI Phantom 3 advanced or Pro that created some serious issues.

So be patient the next upgrade wil follow ..

kind regards
Marnix.

Flying wit a KP index of 5 is asking for trouble
My birds are not taking of if the kp index is higher then 4

i also mention that i never had big issue with my E version of the H advanced. Only the wifi cutting out sometimes when i raise the LG.

Marnix
Agree. It's already a 6 here and is predicted to be a 5 on Friday. Looks like it will be falling off through the weekend.

Greg

Perhaps I should mention almost since the beginning of my H ownership I've had an Itelite DBS on my H's. I got the first one free for review purposes and the second one I purchased because I like them so much. I always fly LOS (line of sight) for my video and photograph so I'm not concerned about great distance
flying but I've never had any "tear up" on either of my signals when using it....perhaps people who are having that issue should consider getting something like that.

Starting a new survey of firmware update released on 9-25-2016. If you have updated your H and tried out the new firmware please answer the survey questions above.
The update was on 9/26/16, not 25th, your confusing the poor souls! LOL !:confused:

To inform everyone that not only yuneec sometimes creates new problems when they correct some other problems with a new firmwre update.
I can remember firmware updates for the DJI Phantom 3 advanced or Pro that created some serious issues.

So be patient the next upgrade wil follow ..

kind regards
Marnix.
Thanks for informing me, And here I thought Yuneec was better. o_O

I'd never be able to fly because my index is almost always a 5. I don't fly anything over that and have really never had an issue yet.. but yes I am cautious at that level.

I had a problem after updating the latest firmware. As per usual after every firmware update I did re-bind both craft and camera, did all three calibrations. I had a little bit of everything, from drifting to toilet bowl, ending in a upside down crash upon landing. I brought the H in for a landing and held full down left stick as it sat down and it leaned backwards and flipped over on its back spitting out the camera gimbel. Telemetry showed multiple code 32 errors. Spoke to CS and it is going back to Yuneec tomorrow. I did have previous problems with 9/1 updates and 9/13 updates, but nothing to this extent. In fact after it was suggested to me by Yuneec CS to reinstall the 9/13 firmware I do believe things were back to normal with no code 32 errors for several flights. But alas, this latest patch made things much worse for me. I intend to use this thing commercially, but there is no way I would even consider that now.

Last edited:
I don't see it on their website. This is the latest I see.

Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16
That is the latest. The files are -
TyphoonH_Ver2.25_A.bin
for North America
TyphoonH_Ver2.25_E.bin for Europe.

The Gimbal is the same v1.22
The Autopilot went from v1.27 to v1.28
The Camera went from v3.2.15 to v3.2.16
RealSense is the same v1.1

Greg

Finally got round to updating. All is good after a rebind.

Flew out to 1 km / 3300 feet and everything was stable, controls are feeling great and video looking good.

The firmware isn't improving my pilot skills though - I briefly tried to land it in a tree. :D

Finally got round to updating. All is good after a rebind.

Flew out to 1 km / 3300 feet and everything was stable, controls are feeling great and video looking good.

The firmware isn't improving my pilot skills though - I briefly tried to land it in a tree. :D
Don't be too hard on yourself Tuna. By the sounds of it you're an excellent coder with Android. I may have to bum some questions off of you regarding Android Studio, assuming of course, that's what you're using. You'll get the hang of flying. You're lucky to have such a forgiving platform. Having flown helis back in the day the hardest thing to learn was nose in flying when all of your control inputs are inverted. At least for me it wasn't easy to get my head around. That and keeping an eye on the rotor mast. Any directional change to the rotor mast was a clue as to the intended motion of the heli. Eventually it sort of becomes muscle memory. In fact I'm so used to it now I have difficulty with smart modes which disregard where the nose is pointing as in it no longer matters. Your direction of travel is relative to your position when you move the cyclic.

Greg

Don't be too hard on yourself Tuna. By the sounds of it you're an excellent coder with Android. I may have to bum some questions off of you regarding Android Studio, assuming of course, that's what you're using. You'll get the hang of flying. You're lucky to have such a forgiving platform. Having flown helis back in the day the hardest thing to learn was nose in flying when all of your control inputs are inverted. At least for me it wasn't easy to get my head around. That and keeping an eye on the rotor mast. Any directional change to the rotor mast was a clue as to the intended motion of the heli. Eventually it sort of becomes muscle memory. In fact I'm so used to it now I have difficulty with smart modes which disregard where the nose is pointing as in it no longer matters. Your direction of travel is relative to your position when you move the cyclic.

Greg

Haha, I'm at peace with my flying skills ;) Always happy to answer questions if I can, and yes, I do use Android Studio.

I was just telling someone today, my father in law worked in Hong Kong around the time that the first miniature electric helis came out. He got one fresh out of the factory (it cost a *lot*) and then could only fly it a few feet with a big paper plate taped to the bottom to save it from the inevitable crash! I was happy enough to wait for the technology to become smart enough to save me from myself :)

Reactions: Rayray
Tuna,
My first heli had a flash light battery pack with a spring cable that ran out to the helicopter.
Could fly in circles all day till your finger got tired of holding down the on button.

Reactions: Tuna
Tuna,
My first heli had a flash light battery pack with a spring cable that ran out to the helicopter.
Could fly in circles all day till your finger got tired of holding down the on button.
I remember that Red thing. They made a plane too. My favorite is still the Mattel Vertibird. I still have a working Vertibird Air Police

Greg

Hi all I did the new update today and noweverytime I go to calibrate eithercompass,gimbal or accelerator the lost gps warning comes up and I am unable to doeither of them. Any ideas what to do. Thanks
Kevin

Hi all I did the new update today and noweverytime I go to calibrate eithercompass,gimbal or accelerator the lost gps warning comes up and I am unable to doeither of them. Any ideas what to do. Thanks
Kevin
You should be able to turn off the GPS and then do the calibrations. After you finish and re-boot the H the GPS should come back on without problems.

Ok thanks I will try tomorrow. Hope it works as I love this drone
One thing I've noticed is when a "Lost GPS" or Compass Calibration" error is being displayed the ST16 screen doesn't respond to taps. You have to quick tap between when warning messages are displayed.

Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval