Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
Martins, your link downloads only the A version. Do you have a link to the E version as well?
yuneec.png

Reactions: Bummpyjojo
Still getting camera feed failure with legs up on Eu firmware. 4 flights, no compass errors but rssi occasionally in red zone using Helmut Elsner's programme. Flies very well, love the awesome ability to control direction and speed using the trim and video significantly improved.

Oh, so it's just me having issues with the camera dying for no reason?

Freakin UNBELIEVABLE!. Can't they get this crap right and consistent?!?!?!?! Because I can't remember the firmware numbers I'll call them upgrades #1, #2, and #3 for the releases this month (Sept).

Prior to #1 I had only one minor issue with my H, it would flash orange when the landing gear was either deployed or stored. Extremely stable no issue. Flew awesome at 10,000' ASL in the mountains. I had the firmware that was on the site a couple months ago and disappeared. I was pretty darn happy with my H.

#1 - Upgrade introduced problems (although minor) to my H. It would mildly drift in the X and Y axises maybe 1-2 feet; On occasion, I would land it, the motors would spin down only to spin back up and the H take off again and hover about a foot off the ground. With the Landing Gear down the camera would tilt and stay tilted until I I raised the landing gear.

#2 - Upgrade fixed all those problems. It was back to rock solid flight, no tilted camera, no taking off a second time.

#3 - The camera now tilts dramatically if I go from angle to "Follow me" or "Watch Me". Even going back to angle mode does not level out the camera. You can clearly see the tilt in the video I took with the H (I have to edit the video down then I'll post it). I have to power it off and on to re-level the camera.
  • Drifting is back. Once again, about a foot or two in both the X and Y axises
  • Landed it manually and it takes off again. Not like a rocket but rises to about a foot off the ground and I have to land it again
  • Now it has a couple new problems as well.
    • Follow Me and Watch me are no longer smooth and keeps the subject in frame as well. It seems like it takes a second or two for the H to react so the subject is barely in frame, it does catch up a bit but its always a step behind if the object changes direction (I'm not talking sudden direction changes).
    • Trying to land has become a minor battle. It used to be very steady and stable to land exactly where I wanted. For example on my 3 foot Hoodman landing pad. Now I'm having to constantly make adjustments to land. I have to constantly work the throttle and the X axis to land it on the pad. It almost feels like its fighting me.

While these issues are minor, it really pisses me off that they fix some issues only to introduce and re-introduce others. Seriously losing my faith in Yuneec's ability to get this bird right.

@QuadBart It sounds like you need to get both the YTH and the ST-16 accurately calibrated - all of those symptoms seem to be about its positioning systems.

Reactions: Rayray
Yup did the calibrations, I did not mention that I did them because IMO, (and as I've advocated in other threads), calibrations ARE part of my Firmware Uprade/Patch process. IMO, it should be for everyone that applies upgrades/patches... I only do the ST-16 calibration when there is a ST-16 Upgrade OR I believe the issue is with the ST-16. I'm no noob to this bird. This is my second one (because the first one had compass board issues) and have owned one since it was first available.

After upgrades I do my calibrations in my front yard. I then drive to my "Test Range". This location is free from interference such as Wifi, power lines, big structures, abandoned missile silos (yes I'm serious, they exist here). I use this location successfully with my Q500, Phantom 3, Phantom 4, and my Inspire. I run two batteries through my birds to ensure the upgrades did not degrade performance and to get a feel for new features.

IF I notice I'm experiencing problems, I'll go through the calibrations again at this location. I remove my cellphone from my pocket, power it off, put it in my truck which over 100 yards away to ensure the phone won't interfere nor will the metal in my truck. But I've found that my front yard (suburban neighborhood) with cellphone powered on, in pocket makes no difference. Any issues I've had are not resolved by doing calibrations at this location, free of any potential interference. And yes, I've driven around to other locations even further away from civilization with the same results, no change from initial calibration. My point is my home location is as good as any to do calibrations. I've not had any issues with my DJI birds or Q500, only my H. IF I think the bird requires an accelerometer calibration, I do it when the H is cool. So sometimes this mean I have to wait a day to redo the accelerometer calibration if needed...

I apologize if I'm coming across a bit "snotty", I realize you guys are trying to help which I appreciate. I'm just fed up with upgrades that are not consistent and can degrade my bird. When this happens I lose trust in it, and wind up flying several more batteries at my Test site to ensure its not going to fly away or fall out of the sky. This means I'm spending battery time and my limited free time, just testing the bird rather than actually taking it places I want to shoot. I really like the features the H has. It does a great job for the things I want to do, but I trust it so little and with my limited free time, I wind up grabbing my P4 or Inspire instead...

@QuadBart Watch Captaindrone's calibration video, very informative -

@QuadBart It sounds like you need to get both the YTH and the ST-16 accurately calibrated - all of those symptoms seem to be about its positioning systems.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I did the upgrade, recalibrate accelerometers, gimbal and compass. Just did a test flight, mostly hovering. Still to early to say how it goes. Anyway wifi loss on LG up is still there (E version).
I notice now that if obstacle avoidance is switched on, on the screen there will be an arc showing distances from the obstacle.
Would be nice to have the distance where the avoidance triggers selectable. Seems working from 2.5m, which for me in certain cases could be to late. Well, until now I did not use it as I don't trust it a lot, but with such an option I could use it, e.g. when taking videos on remote buildings hung on rocks, to have a reliable idea how close I am. May be better if the avoidance does not trigger, just shows the distance.
Heading out right now to do more tests and recording one of those.
Ric

Zero problems after update, zero problems before update, three batteries flown with wind gusts to 25 mph, virtually all options tested and it was solid. While flying my last battery someone came up to me who owns a DJI Phantom and he is going to buy an H after seeing it's performance and design. As usual I performed all calibrations at home and then compass again prior to launch on site.

Reactions: Rayray and Graham
Before the ver 2.25 there isn't any error but after installed the latest ver after all the calibration this time compass error.
Yuneec what wrong are you, DJI mavic is coming out the H still have so many problem how are you going to compete with ??????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-28-23-49-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-28-23-49-31.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hello,
I had another painful moment. After having calibrated everything and done a test flight, I went to record the house hanging on the rock. There are plenty of trees around and it is in a narrow valley.
TH showed problems from beginning, not flying straight in angle mode, drifting a little and some toilet bowl was present: wth? That's the first time for me. After risking a couple of times to hit a tree I abandoned. At landing it showed a compass warning, asking to land immediately and recalibrate.
Went to the test field, did a compass calibration again and discovered something.

The first calibration was done at home, in the garden, away from cars etc, controller far enough, as cellular phone as well.
While doing the last calibration I thought that I have a full metal watch ( I like watches that do tic and tac also = : D). I checked it with the cellular phone compass and discovered that at about 10cm it can deviate the compass by values in the 10° range and more!
Put the watch away and did the calibration again. Went in flight two times without problems and warnings.

At the end I find the TH so sensitive to those calibrations, that a little mistake could lead to issues.
I'm really wondering also why they use compass for angle mode. Ok, to keep yaw angle, but that is definitely not a problem.
I would like a panic mode, just stabilized, to take full control of the copter, like I have on all my own builds, multirotors or fixed wings.

And at the very end I have to say I don't like the yaw control ... well, control?
I already tried to change the expo etc, but am not able to reach what I mean a control. Flying dynamically, moving the yaw stick it does not move, it does not move and suddenly it moves too much. Well there is the delay in between, but I'm aware of that. Not possible to have a smooth footage, flying at speed. As a side note I reached today >48km/h in angle mode.

Ric

I conducted the firmware update yesterday, prior mine was flying perfect. After the update and conducting all the calibrations I have done a few flights on two separate days. I have notice a very small amount of drop when hovering at lower levels, 20' and lower & not as stable at hovering at those same height. It doesn't seem to be enough that worries me though. It did seem like the temp on my H were much cooler today after the full battery flight than before the update, but the weather is a little cooler. Its 87 degrees today, usually its about 5 - 10 degrees higher. The Kp Index was 5 and I had 18+ sats on both the H and the ST-16. I wish I could go back to the old firmware and do a quick comparison. I did check my telemetry and no warning codes and everything looked fine, got a little over 18 minutes of flight time from 16.7v to 14.7v. Ill keep an eye on the two minor issues and see if those could be weather related, but its really not allot of movement.
Screenshot_2016-09-28-13-37-34.png
Screenshot_2016-09-28-13-37-45.png

Last edited:
Reactions: QuadBart
I conducted the firmware update yesterday, prior mine was flying perfect. After the update and conducting all the calibrations I have done a few flights on two separate days. I have notice a very small amount of drop when hovering at lower levels, 20' and lower & not as stable at hovering at those same height. It doesn't seem to be enough that worries me though. It did seem like the temp on my H were much cooler today after the full battery flight than before the update, but the weather is a little cooler. Its 87 degrees today, usually its about 5 - 10 degrees higher. The Kp Index was 5 and I had 18+ sats on both the H and the ST-16. I wish I could go back to the old firmware and do a quick comparison. I did check my telemetry and no warning codes and everything looked fine, got a little over 18 minutes of flight time from 16.7v to 14.7v. Ill keep an eye on the two minor issues and see if those could be weather related, but its really not allot of movement.
View attachment 3262
View attachment 3263

Flying wit a KP index of 5 is asking for trouble
My birds are not taking of if the kp index is higher then 4

i also mention that i never had big issue with my E version of the H advanced. Only the wifi cutting out sometimes when i raise the LG.

Marnix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop