Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

After update, I had to rebind the camera and the H to get the flashing blue lights to go to normal Purple for Angle.Red for RTH and Green for Safe, basically rebind everything ! Let me know if you had same issue? see directions to rebind below !!!!

BINDING THE TYPHOON H STEP 1) Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes. STEP 2) Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main LED indicator blinks orange rapidly. STEP 3) Tap the 'Refresh' button on the screen. STEP 4) Select the 'SR24_XXXXX' receiver listed in the column under 'Model', and CGO 3P_XXXXX WiFi listed in the column under 'camera' on the ST16 Ground Station. Typing 'Bind' then enter the password '1234567890' to connect the WiFi, and then tap 'OK' after the connection has been established. STEP 5) Tap the 'Back' button to return to the main screen and you will hear two long beeps. The flight data will show on the screen. NOTICE: You can also copy a model to bind a new aircraft by long press the original mo
I never was asked to Type "Bind" then the password, just asks for password, but lights ,camera and tomorrow hope "good" action !

I had to clear the camera files in the card before the firmware would be recognized. Plus the files are large and take a moment to transfer completely from laptop to SD card.

For the guy that didn't look at the Yuneec site, yes, there's a camera firmware update inside the Typhoon update.

Reactions: Firman
Had to re-bind but no password required. Start up was very fast, so far so good.
Start up in house or outside? with props on? In the house ,props off, mine might be a hair faster, but then I never was one of the ones whose took really long to boot, maybe one minute. I guess tomorrow I will really find out when ready to fly !

Reactions: Marco Falchi
Just got back from a 15 minute flight with the new firmware.

Everything works as before, did not notice any difference in anything.

The sun was setting here and took video the whole time. Seems the same to me, no difference.
I was getting great performance with camera before new firmware after refocusing the lens and going manual on the camera settings.

Forgot to see if I could turn off GPS.

The initialization is fast however, love that!

Reactions: Firman
I know there are video's on updating firmware but I wrote myself a quick note last time on the process.
Maybe this will help some of you guys that never done it.

--------------------------
To update the drone:

Put new firmware on SD card in camera slot

Turn ON ST16 controller first then Drone

Select upgrade in system setup menu

Allow 3-4 minutes

May need to rebind drone and camera

Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes.
Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main
LED indicator blinks orange rapidly.
Hit refresh and rebind

---------------------------

To update ST16 controller:

Put new firmware on SD card in controller slot

Turn on ST16 only

Select upgrade in system setup menu

Allow 3-4 minutes

----------------------------

After update, I had to rebind the camera and the H to get the flashing blue lights to go to normal Purple for Angle.Red for RTH and Green for Safe, basically rebind everything ! Let me know if you had same issue? see directions to rebind below !!!!

BINDING THE TYPHOON H STEP 1) Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes. STEP 2) Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main LED indicator blinks orange rapidly. STEP 3) Tap the 'Refresh' button on the screen. STEP 4) Select the 'SR24_XXXXX' receiver listed in the column under 'Model', and CGO 3P_XXXXX WiFi listed in the column under 'camera' on the ST16 Ground Station. Typing 'Bind' then enter the password '1234567890' to connect the WiFi, and then tap 'OK' after the connection has been established. STEP 5) Tap the 'Back' button to return to the main screen and you will hear two long beeps. The flight data will show on the screen. NOTICE: You can also copy a model to bind a new aircraft by long press the original mo

I'm able to rebind the camera but I can't get the H to get out of the blinking blue LED state. I've tried the directions listed but leaning it forward as specified doesn't change the LED from blue to orange. :eek:

DOH!!....nevermind...I wasn't leaning it fast enough! ;);)

Reactions: DroneClone
Just finished the updates on mine and experienced a couple of glitches.

First one I didn't allow enough time for a complete file transfer from the laptop to the SD card and had to repeat that process.

Second one had the H not recognizing the files on the card with the camera format files in place. Deleting the DCIM folder permitted the H to see the updates. I started with the Typhoon H bin files so the SD card had been inserted in the camera for the first part of the update process. Completing that took a few minutes and the camera was recognized and worked fine afterwards.

Powered the H and ST-16 down, removed the card and inserted it in the ST-16 and started the file selection process. No joy, the system reported no files found. Removed the card and checked the files on my laptop (you can prolly do this through the -16 tablet but I'm not Android savvy) and found the camera had installed the DCIM folder again. I removed that folder and again inserted the card in the ST-16, which now recognized the ST-16 update files. This update took much longer than the Typhoon update, having 83 app files to complete. Once that process was complete the system did not recognize the camera.

Thanks to DroneClone and his tip about re-binding I checked the system files and saw that neither the H or the camera was listed on the list of bound items. I hit the refresh button and the camera appeared, with a return of video imagery but no camera control. Nothing was listed in the "Aircraft" column. Hitting the refresh button again re-listed the aircraft but the binding process had to be run after selecting the model. No passwords were required for either the camera or the H.

For those doing firmware updates, I hope you saved the original firmware files that had previously (originally) been posted on the Yuneec site in case something doesn't work right. I keep a separate folder for all firmware updates should that need ever arise. Experiences with the Wookong M were hard lessons learned. Always have a version to revert to, especially if the old one worked well. If anyone needs them later, I have the files we just over wrote

Davin,

Any success with the ST-16 yet? If not, delete everything on the card and copy the ST-16 files to the card again. Then insert the card in the -16 and commence the update process. If you have a DCIM folder on the card the ST-16 won't see the firmware files.

Reactions: Merlin
cam connecting now good.... THANKS Yuneec )

whats new:
- you can put "on" that you have Intel Sense installed
- Conncetion starts fast
- task function without "advanced mode" available
- Playback direct in FlightApp
- new cam in the List
- LogData app in Pad-mode

cam gets an update
Flight Controller gets update
ST16 gets update

later will test if now slow movements possible without Stop and Go
i hope they give us more updates soon :)

1) RTH Height (in FlightApp)
2) Setting for Dynamic or static RTH-Point
3) Flight Boundaries (in FlightApp)
4) Advanced Setting Gains/Breaks for Flightcontroller
5) Advanced Setting Gimbal correction horizon (if offset)
6) Lights deactivate for LoLight Flights (Aux Button)
7) to use GameController Buttons for Cam settings (iso/Shutter)
8) Waypoints setting with a MAP
9) a clear Control to start the CCC mission
10) adjustable speed for automatic flights on Screen or with Rabbit/Turtle Controller
11) possibility for 2 Person flight (wizard/ST16)
12) Battery information change to % and time to flight ...and by tapping informations about the Cells
13) A Signal when System is complete ready and all is connected
14) Backup DataLogs on server from Yuneec
15) googleplay works
16) adjustable setting if lost signal (hover, RTH, landing)
17) faster Cam Switch Photo to Video

Start up in house or outside? with props on? In the house ,props off, mine might be a hair faster, but then I never was one of the ones whose took really long to boot, maybe one minute. I guess tomorrow I will really find out when ready to fly !

Mine now boots considerably faster, inside or outside with props on.

How long did it take to update just the camera?
Mine has been at it for over 10 minutes now. ST-16 stopped on step 2 of 4??

I lost my SD card in the ST-16!! Good grief! I knew to be very careful, but still it fell right down into the **** controller! Does it go in upside down or right-side up?! Upside down is the only way I can get the next card in there, but it still says upgrade package not find.

Last edited:
Reformatted the card, copied file over again. Insert, still says upgrade package not find.

Last edited:
Well that did NOT go well.
Updated ST-16 no problems.
Updated H and it hung, shows it updated the gimbal and the camera.
Autopilot reads version N/A.
H will not boot up now. (&(^$&%@#(*@(#&(*(#

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital