Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Updates - which are new and which are old?

Reaction score
I just received a new Typhoon H Pro and made my first successful flight. In the process of doing research on how to use it, I came across a download page with firmware updates for the H. It lists version numbers but not issues dates. Also, I do not know where to find the firmware versions already in the drone and ST-16 to be sure that I have the latest updates. Is it in the settings on the ST-16 or ???. I sent an e-mail to Yuneec asking about this but have not received a reply. I just want to be sure my new H has the most current firmware.
Also how are you notified of firmware updates when the come out?

One more question... How do I get my Typhoon H registered with Yuneec for warranty? Did not find the usual warranty registration card with the drone

Call Yuneec to register your H with them...

On your ST-16, go to "System Settings" and choose "About Controller" from the left hand menu.
Compare the listed firmware with what is on the Yuneec site. Someone on this board will post
within a day of them releasing a new firmware update.

Reactions: Rayray
Firmware updates are sequentially numbered. Highest number is newest.

What versions are shown in your -16 with both the aircraft and -16 powered up?

Not supposed to be, the OTA process was developed only one or two updates back to handle new updates going forward.

Some, myself included, are leery of OTA updating due to the less than forthright manner DJI has caused undesirable code to be forced on users. There's also the possibility of being denied the opportunity to work with customers in sensitive locations or those having non disclosure agreements if your system communicates directly with a manufacturer.

BTW, the files Yuneec lists on their site are always the most recent. They don't archive the old ones on the site for review or download. The update PDF document is added to for each new update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval