Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First 3d rendering (mapping) using the Typhoon H

The last thing this business needs is a bunch of hobbyists flying around private property, cultural heritage sites, etc. pretending to be "mapping", unaware of the theoretical and technical aspects of the thing they try to do.

Those results are absolutely useless; I am sorry to inform.

What in the world are you talking about? The thing I see is a person making a private video for his own enjoyment, sharing it freely with the forum, not commercially mapping anything.

That's the most condescending posts I have read on this forum.

You don't know what the original poster's needs and goals are -- what's acceptable to him for his use may be entirely different from your own standards. Also consider the possibility that your own work may not measure up to the standards of others.

Hello again,

I am truly sorry if I came on as offensive to you, that was never my intent.
I apologise. I might have misunderstood OPs purpose, sure, but him using the term "mapping" deserves some sort of further regard to accuracy, in my oppinion.

The way OP posted, and responded to his posting is what made me react.
The apparent role OP is -immediately- placed in, with people asking for technical advice and guidance- made my reaction negative.

The mere insiunation as to it being, and again i quote the OP, "There ain't much to it, Should only take like an hour or something" just made me jump into defensive mode.
Again I am sorry. I hope you understand my perspective of the discussion and its condescending relation to any commercial or non-commercial enterprise.

All the best.

This is awesome, in my industry we are using Autodesk Revit along with Autodesk live to generate VR models. This technology would be great to give clients a VR of the context around a digital design.

Very useful thanks

Reactions: Brent D
This is quite nice. Good job! In my opinion this can be used for all sorts of stuff. Im a 3D modeller / animator - designer by profession and work mostly on scale models lately and I see use for this
as well as see it as a fun and interactive experience. Not everything has to be technical or put under a microscope by an engineer and I believe we should have an opportunity to learn
and experience this technology.
This software is designed for the end user, and nobody has the right to judge who uses it for what or to justify your own uses against others.
This could be used as a low detail 3D model in a gaming engine, or even background sets for video compositing work to name a few.
Have fun. CHEERS

Fabulous! I too have done 3D modeling/Animation for years and this looks like another valuable tool for my tool shed. Great work!

I was doing a little research today on this subject of scanning and 3d modeling. Thought everyone might enjoy this.

Autodesk 123D Catch | Generate 3d model from photos

I've used this before. It's pretty useful if you want to create a 3D model from a series of photos. It does take a little practice to get good results. I use 123D Design all the time to build models for my 3D Printer as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval