Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9

Works great! Now if only Dashware were as effective... apparently it doesn't like Win 10.

A couple of things:
1. the Dashware XML doesn't include a conversion for altitude meters -> altitude feet - appears to be an oversight as the rest of the measurements are converted
2. it would be nice to be able to grab both the original CSV as well as the Dashware-compatible modified version

To answer questions:

- Yes, it's a known bug that if you have no Cable Cam Routes on your ST-16, then the program exits when you click on the Cable Cam tab, or the Import Cable Cam button (Infinity symbol, or horizontal 8)
- DashWare is a program for your PC. You need to have it running on your PC to edit videos from the H's camera, with overlays from the telemetry files
- The launcher has to 'guess' at the web address of the ST-16 (you can't do any better in a web page), so it only looks at the most common address ranges. I'm afraid without writing a Launcher for every device (PC, Mac, iPhone etc.) you have to just type in the address if the launcher can't find the ST-16. Depending on your network, the address may be the same every time so you may be able to bookmark it.

@tinchob I'll take a look at my ST-16 today and see if I can figure out why you're having problems. Let me get back to you on that one!

I'm still having issues with a DATA LOGGER FILE ERROR message in DashWare when attempting to load a cvs Data File. I am downloading the csv file from http://192.168.1.14:8080/ link on my PC.

Any guidance as I do not think my csv file is properly converted for use in DashWare?

Thanks!

@WheelsUp Have you installed the Typhoon H profile to the DashWare profiles directory, and chosen it when you import the telemetry file?

If you're still having problems, send me a message and I'll take a look at the file you're having trouble with.

Tuna, Finally had a chance to check out your app since I got my H back on the 19 and all I can say is thanks, installed and work flawlessly from what I can tell from my flight data. Again nice job.

@WheelsUp Have you installed the Typhoon H profile to the DashWare profiles directory, and chosen it when you import the telemetry file?

If you're still having problems, send me a message and I'll take a look at the file you're having trouble with.

Tuna - here is one of my csv files: Dropbox - Telemetry_00014.csv

Please let me know if I need to convert the file or something else for use in DashWare.

Thanks!

Thanks Tuna, It works great!
While playing with my telemetry files I found the first 8 were not my flights. I'm guessing they were test flights.
All my flights have been in Florida.
Here is a screen shot (thanks for that feature by the way) zoomed way out.
13701155_10210029734405071_2763300138308712131_o.jpg

;)

Reactions: Tuna
Tuna - here is one of my csv files: Dropbox - Telemetry_00014.csv

Please let me know if I need to convert the file or something else for use in DashWare.

Thanks!

Right, I've found the problem - it looks like you've updated the firmware? They've fixed a bug that I was also fixing... which means that the first column name is missing in the converted file.

You can either - open it in a text editor, type 'datetime' (without the quotes) just before that very first comma, and save it again. Or, wait 24 hours or so until the next release, which will fix that bug and introduce a whole load of new features. :)

Right, I've found the problem - it looks like you've updated the firmware? They've fixed a bug that I was also fixing... which means that the first column name is missing in the converted file.

You can either - open it in a text editor, type 'datetime' (without the quotes) just before that very first comma, and save it again. Or, wait 24 hours or so until the next release, which will fix that bug and introduce a whole load of new features. :)

Is this a beta release or a release for all of us?

Is this a beta release or a release for all of us?

It's early access - meaning it should work for everyone but there may be bugs or errors.

NEW VERSION RELEASED - 23rd July, Version 1.4

I've updated the first page, but for those of you who're reading the tail of this topic please visit the website for the new version. Here's the update list:

For all versions of ST-16 firmware:

• Download telemetry as GPX - ready to import directly into Google Maps etc.
  • Manage your Curved Cable Cam routes - rename, copy, delete
  • 'Follow Drone' on map playback
  • Live telemetry readout on map view
  • Curved cable cam playback now includes bearing estimation
  • Raw telemetry download
For users with the latest ST-16 firmware (v03.01):
  • Preview FPV video & stills on the ST-16, synchronized with map display
  • Download or view FPV video & stills directly in your PC browser
Fixes:
  • Curved Cable Cam view crashed if no CCC routes had been created
  • ST-16 Firmware upgrade broke telemetry export for DashWare
  • Smoother, more accurate playback
  • DashWare profile missing altitude in feet
  • Improved layout, menus, server pages

hi Tuna, you are the man!
downloading your latest version from your site will overide the previous version. Or it' s a going back to the roots, uninstal-reinstal, process?

Tks!

@tinchob You should be able to install it over the existing version, but I can't check that because I've only got one ST-16 which I use for development!

@Gurusonwheels It's on my list, though I am a bit worried from Eric's thread that satellite view is potentially a bit misleading, particularly if you're planning missions.

@tinchob You should be able to install it over the existing version, but I can't check that because I've only got one ST-16 which I use for development!

@Gurusonwheels It's on my list, though I am a bit worried from Eric's thread that satellite view is potentially a bit misleading, particularly if you're planning missions.
Without sat view I don't see how anyone would plain a mission. Around here . we have tons of trees 100+ feet high ..

Besides without sat view how would telemetry help at all without something on the map to ref if your searching for a lost hex . we have hundreds of acers without roads to ref .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
Without sat view I don't see how anyone would plain a mission. Around here . we have tons of trees 100+ feet high ..

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I know what you're saying, but have you read Eric's thread: Cedar Park Texas : the big mystery

It could be painful if you rely on the satellite view to plan a mission and then fly into a building! :D

As I say, I will be adding it, but I've been concentrating on getting the existing maps and media in good shape first.

I know what you're saying, but have you read Eric's thread: Cedar Park Texas : the big mystery

It could be painful if you rely on the satellite view to plan a mission and then fly into a building! :D

As I say, I will be adding it, but I've been concentrating on getting the existing maps and media in good shape first.

That post is concerning switching from sat view 2d to sat view 3d.

All I want is 2d sat view . everyone knows 3d Google maps is not accurate its a work in progress .

Wow! Wow! Wow!:):):)
Updated installed programme and have been viewing photos with map display and lat, long etc. Absolutely brilliant!
Is there a way to get a screenshot of this?? Is there a way to get compass direction?
This is really, really useful!
Awesome, thank you!:)

All I want is 2d sat view . everyone knows 3d Google maps is not accurate its a work in progress .

That just highlights the problem - all of the mapping services have irregular update cycles. Google Maps 2D for my home is ten years out of date (this is central UK, so hardly an out of the way corner of the earth). Bing is three or four years out of date. :)

I'm currently working on a windows application where yo can display the CCC in 3D (GoogleEarth) so you can estimate wehter the flight path is reasonable or not
of course this works only if the Map Quality from Google Earth is good enough... (However for me it works very very good and helps much more then just a 2D view)

If anyone is interested in beta testing pls shoot me a PM so I can send you the link

Andy

I'm currently working on a windows application where yo can display the CCC in 3D (GoogleEarth) so you can estimate wehter the flight path is reasonable or not
of course this works only if the Map Quality from Google Earth is good enough... (However for me it works very very good and helps much more then just a 2D view)

If anyone is interested in beta testing pls shoot me a PM so I can send you the link

Andy

That sounds excellent, how are you getting on with the curve estimation?

I think I found the right calculations since they fit with the recorded telemetry data from the Typhoon once a CCC has been flown.

Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430