Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

first attempt on replacement typhoon H booo !

Reaction score
advice needed. . .my first purchase was returned to sender because it was not controllable, no problem. i looked for maybe a better one and ended up at the same supplier who advertise "NEW" in open box for an additional 150$ or so. after my 7 day wait, i did what all the videos said to prep for maiden flight. batterys charged full, sim card in the camera, calibrate the compass and satellite thing. . . the camera rotated and tilted and the landing legs functioned as one would expect but even with 15 acquired satellites in the controller the craft was still trying to acquire. i let it sit outside in the field away from everything for 15 minutes and it still had none listed for the craft and did have 17 for the controller. i attempted to contact the seller and he takes no messages except if i want to return it. Yuneec asked for a serial number which i found on the machine yet the message to yuneec would not transmit. i looked at the box the craft was shipped in, and there was a tag attached saying "new" and a serial number tag. . . the number was not the same as was on the crafts tag. . . im becoming suspect here. so the question is, what am i missing in my set-up to fly ? im *** near 80 and running out of saturdays and patients. quite disappointed to say the least. any suggestions ?

• Sad
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
advice needed. . .my first purchase was returned to sender because it was not controllable, no problem. i looked for maybe a better one and ended up at the same supplier who advertise "NEW" in open box for an additional 150$ or so. after my 7 day wait, i did what all the videos said to prep for maiden flight. batterys charged full, sim card in the camera, calibrate the compass and satellite thing. . . the camera rotated and tilted and the landing legs functioned as one would expect but even with 15 acquired satellites in the controller the craft was still trying to acquire. i let it sit outside in the field away from everything for 15 minutes and it still had none listed for the craft and did have 17 for the controller. i attempted to contact the seller and he takes no messages except if i want to return it. Yuneec asked for a serial number which i found on the machine yet the message to yuneec would not transmit. i looked at the box the craft was shipped in, and there was a tag attached saying "new" and a serial number tag. . . the number was not the same as was on the crafts tag. . . im becoming suspect here. so the question is, what am i missing in my set-up to fly ? im *** near 80 and running out of saturdays and patients. quite disappointed to say the least. any suggestions ?
Sounds like a Bad Flight Control Module (F/C), seems to be a common issue now, return it.

Sorry to hear of your hassles with the seller. The Typhoon H is a nice bird, but I would be very suspicious of any ad with the wording of New in open box this far into the life of these aircraft. The symptom you describe is known for one that has been sitting idle for a lengthy amount of time.

Sorry to hear of your hassles with the seller.
X2 on that. If you have the patience and persistence to get through this, I promise you it will be worth the hassle. You're gonna love the H. When you go to the park to fly, if there are other drones around...when you lift off that big bird and retract the landing gear, enjoy the envious stares.

I'm not so sure this is a F/C board issue. What we typically hear from F/C issues is that lots of satellites are detected, but the F/C doesn't use them to calculate the position. If I understand you correctly, this drone is not even detecting the satellites. Is that correct?
@Steve Carr and @h-elsner know more about the Flight control board issues than most anyone else. I hope one of them will be along shortly and maybe provide some insight.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm not so sure this is a F/C board issue. What we typically hear from F/C issues is that lots of satellites are detected, but the F/C doesn't use them to calculate the position. If I understand you correctly, this drone is not even detecting the satellites. Is that correct?
@Steve Carr and @h-elsner know more about the Flight control board issues than most anyone else. I hope one of them will be along shortly and maybe provide some insight.
Glad you and Steve caught that. I missed the zero satellites when I read through the post. It could be as simple as a bad connection. Maybe downloading the GUI and connecting the aircraft will give some clues on what could be wrong.

Last edited:
The best way to find out if the flight controller (IMU) is the problem is to try to start motors when GPS is switched off. If motor will start with GPS off then there is another problem. If not you one of the unlucky guys than got a defect flight controller. Another hint to flight controller as source oproblem is that altitude shows -2 to -3m (or sometimes lower) and did not go to zero during initialization.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone