Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Crash, it had to happen

Reaction score
Had my first crash. It was pretty bad too. Was on my final battery of the day, filming some fast non-gps runs for you guys, when I thought it would be cool to get down low and get some fast gound video. BAD idea. I found out in non-gps mode, that balloon like lift does not exist. Instead, the H tends to suck "down" at fast speeds. So, before I knew what had happened, she hit the grass at 40+ mph. I thought she would have exploded from such an impact. When I got up to the H, only one arm was bent down, two props broken, the camera/gimbal came off, but that was good and the sd card ejected. It should have been so much worse. Oh, the landing gear was a little "off" but when I raised and lowered it, it went right back to normal, no damage there. I found the sd card but the crash footage wasn't there as it was ejected and not closed properly. Oh one of the arm closing metal clips broke as well, that's why the one arm was just hanging there. I called Yuneec, they suggested I try and repair it myself since int's not so bad. Which I'm going to do. Now I have to order some parts. The only place I've found so far is Vertigo Drones. Anyone know of these guys?

They advertise on this forum other than that no. I'm sooo glad you and your TH are ok. If it had smacked into an object yep yep yep.. Fly safe David.

Reactions: David Wilson
Vertigo Drones is the place for me. I just repaired my H after a crash. Replaced an A arm, upper hook clip, gimbal mount and landing gear assembly. Vertigo sent the parts quickly. The video on the arm repair above was a life saver!
Plenty of parts in stock.
Good luck!

My experience with Vertigo Drones was not good. Three weeks ago their ad said "delivery 5 to 7 days". I ordered some arms for my H. A week or so later they had "arms w/ motors" advertised for just $10 more so I called and said I want to change my order. They said I needed to cancel my first order and make a second order to make a change so I did that. My first order was canceled and yesterday I received a partial order which was 4 arms with no motors attached. Not sure what their problem is but they struck me as unorganized and I don't think after I return the wrong items sent to me I will deal with them any more.

As far as the SD card,I've read that some have good luck putting it back into t he camera and then starting and stopping the video. Apparently, this adds the command to close the file.

David I have shut my camera off without stopping it. It putts a funky end on it.. I have read if you restart the camera run it bout 15 seconds it will close the corrupted file. I have not tried it

As far as the SD card,I've read that some have good luck putting it back into t he camera and then starting and stopping the video. Apparently, this adds the command to close the file.
Just to add to the above.... if your gimbal tore off from the bottom of the Typhoon, you can just hold it in place with your hand while you power up the craft, with SD card in place, to close off the vid file.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes I did break a little piece of the mount that holds the gimbal on so I had to order that too. Total cost of crash was $51, I'm pretty happy with that, especially coming from my helicopter background. I'll try the video trick and see if I can get footage of the crash.

Well I got my parts in and did my first surgery on the H. With the help of the above videos, it was very easy. This thing is so well thought out. Fired her up and now I'm getting a different bad motor warning. So I have found out even if you have multiple bad motors, it only shows one at a time on the screen. So now I'm wondering how many bad motors I have. They all seem to be spinning fine but it immediately goes into "five motor mode". Very frustrated right now.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 18
There are, in total, two kinds of RC aircraft in my 25 years of experience. Those that have crashed and those that are going to crash. Period. End of story.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I played around with the H this morning, did some calibrations and now she is flying like brand new. I ran three batteries through her and everything is working on the drone. Only problem is still the camera, will have to ship that back for repair. At least I can do some flying this weekend.

Well I got my parts in and did my first surgery on the H. With the help of the above videos, it was very easy. This thing is so well thought out. Fired her up and now I'm getting a different bad motor warning. So I have found out even if you have multiple bad motors, it only shows one at a time on the screen. So now I'm wondering how many bad motors I have. They all seem to be spinning fine but it immediately goes into "five motor mode". Very frustrated right now.

Were you able to replace the arm clip inside the body of the drone? The video only shows the one inside the arm itself.

If you are testing the motors without props installed you will get the 5 motor warning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval