Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight.

Reaction score
My Typhoon H arrived on Thursday and I have spent the time inbetween watching and re watching videos. I gave it its first flight today. I launched and landed several times without issue. I haven't tried any of the more automated settings yet. I live in a country area so am lucky enough that I can fly in my garden which is about .75 of an acre and I have mostly fields all around me. First off, I was stunned at how quiet it was.

There was however one unnerving issue.On my last flight, the controller lost connection with the H. The H just hovered at around 50 meter out and 50 meters up. The screen went back to what its like when it is booting and it displayed at the top in red, "Connecting to camera" and in in a grey box RC: Connected (I think) and under it in the same box WiFi: Connecting. It was like this for probably about 3 minuets befor the image from the H was displayed and I took back control and done a manual landing. I had my phone about 10 meters away from me and in airplane mode. I am putting this down to possible WiFi interference from nearby houses or indeed from my own house.

The second issue was with a captured video. All the photos I took were perfect but the video when I tried to play it back in VLC only showed a white screen. I did press the video button to stop recording as I took a picture after it. I am thinking either my computer is not good enough or an issue with the memory card. I used the card that came with the drone but I have got a SanDisk 32gb class 10 card to try as well.

YUN00004.jpg YUN00006.jpg YUN00003.jpg YUN00002.jpg

Reactions: AH-1G
Congrats on the bird, that looks to be a great place to fly BTW. As to the disconnection issue make sure the antennas are positioned correctly; though at 50 meters it shouldn't make too much of a difference, is this a new Typhoon? And for the recording issue, do you know what the video setting were? If trying to record 4K you will want to get a faster card such as U3, there are several threads on this forum where SD card recommendations are made and mention which brands tend to be better. Good Luck.

Reactions: MartinC
Cheers Ty. Have stuck in the Sandisk and will see how that goes. I just discovered one of the antenna the one on the left was a bit loose so will see how it goes after that.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Very rarely would you lose RC, the signal can be lost to the camera even by raising the landing gear, usually just wait til it connects again, but in line of sight I can still control it, it gets to become quite a satisfying copter to fly.

Reactions: MartinC
Its my computer that is wrong. Tried the memory card in my laptop and it runs fine in that. Time for a new PC me thinks.

Very rarely would you lose RC, the signal can be lost to the camera even by raising the landing gear, usually just wait til it connects again, but in line of sight I can still control it, it gets to become quite a satisfying copter to fly.
Yeah in love with it after my first few flights. Really a great smooth bird. Hope it keeps going like that.

Its my computer that is wrong. Tried the memory card in my laptop and it runs fine in that. Time for a new PC me thinks.
That's one of of the problems a lot run into, the capability of their computer. They have the expense of the Copter, then a new computer possibly on top of the initial purchase.

That's one of of the problems a lot run into, the capability of their computer. They have the expense of the Copter, then a new computer possibly on top of the initial purchase.
I struggled with my laptop for ages and couldn't handle 4K. It was a god-send when I got myself a good tower with a good video card. Now all my H video edits are at 4K.

That said, I've been using that laptop today to revise my Ops Manual, so it still has it's uses :)

.On my last flight, the controller lost connection with the H. The H just hovered at around 50 meter out and 50 meters up. The screen went back to what its like when it is booting and it displayed at the top in red, "Connecting to camera" and in in a grey box RC: Connected (I think) and under it in the same box WiFi: Connecting
A lot of H's lose connection (video only) when you raise the landing gear after take-off. Mine has nearly always done this. I can still control the aircraft with the ST16 it's just the video that is lost for a couple of minutes until it reconnects. I now don't bother performing all my manual video settings and starting the camera until after I have lifted off and raised the landing gear. I'll usually just be wasting my time. It's a couple or three minutes of wasted flight time, which is a bit of a pain but I've learned to live with it.

@MartinC
I love the pictures you posted, it reminds me when I lived in Germany back in the 60's.
I have this picture as my screensaver.
I did run it through a new software I just purchased yesterday call AirMagic by Skylum. $41 bucks, not bad for what it can do.
Hope you don't mind me re-posting with the changes?
If you do I'll take it down.
Picture by MartinC_ Software  AirMagic.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz