Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First night flight with the H in 4K

Ted

Reaction score

Shot this just the other night. You can see the two white lights on the front rotor arms come into the shot from time to time. Next time I may put some tape over them. Very easy to see the H at night. Looks like a UFO as it glides across the sky.

Video is unaltered save for edits. Shot in Gorgeous with everything else in AUTO.

Night shots I think are always nice. One of the few times when the straight looking down shot is very effective. As opposed to the straight skyline shots. In the UK the guidelines for overflying people in activities is 50 m (165ft) for safety. I wonder if you noted the height you were at in the video?

I was roughly at that height. Sometimes a bit lower perhaps. The H looks sort of scary at night, like a UFO, so I was careful to not get too low.

Night shots I think are always nice. One of the few times when the straight looking down shot is very effective. As opposed to the straight skyline shots. In the UK the guidelines for overflying people in activities is 50 m (165ft) for safety. I wonder if you noted the height you were at in the video?

Thats interesting, I always assumed the 50m was for on the ground, I never assumed in the air vertically. So you can fly above people(not crowds) and objects as long as you are 50m above them?

Really great video by the way. I am impressed by these low light shots

It is on the ground or a horizontal clearance not vertial so you should not fly over people who are not under your direction at any alttude.If you flew over a crowd higher than 50m hoping to avoid that piece of regulation you have that risk of a sudden failure and that 50m being 0ms very quickly.

I have to say in some situations it is very difficult but you try your upmost.

I agree with all the comments. Here in the UK the Aviation advice is a guideline rather than a directive. The purpose being in my opinion that once you issue a directive things are likely to get very complex. I have decided that taking very great care to apply the 50m measurement in all three planes. I would never fly over very large dense crowds at all. But given that as long as I am content that in the case of a low battery warning I would be able to reach an area of safety to land then 50 metres will do. As you say you were roughly at a height of 50m then that gives an nice view able shot. Allied to the fact that running in full 4K resolution I am able digitally zoom a bit still maintaining good quality then a 50 metre height is fine.

Nice video! You are brave! Night flight and then over water at night! Really enjoyed it!

Nice video! You are brave! Night flight and then over water at night! Really enjoyed it!

Thanks for the comments. The bird is easy as all get out to see in the night sky. If anything, it may be too bright. I've flown the H enough by now to have confidence in what to expect. I also checked out the same location during the day, looking for power lines and such.

Here's a very brief look at that first night flight down at Garden City. My wife shot the video while I piloted the H. Pardon the quality. It was difficult for her to keep up with the H at night.

Reactions: eric bee
LOL Gyro108. Next time I'm going to station my wife under the area while I'm airborne, so she can see how people react and perhaps video the reactions.

Garden City where?? I'm sure it's not in the UK cuz they are driving on the right hand side of the street! As for the video, I like it very much. And the flashes from the white lights make it more awesome, like perhaps lightning flashing! I also like the music. Is it public domain music or did you buy it? Great job!!

Mojoe35

Garden City where?? I'm sure it's not in the UK cuz they are driving on the right hand side of the street! As for the video, I like it very much. And the flashes from the white lights make it more awesome, like perhaps lightning flashing! I also like the music. Is it public domain music or did you buy it? Great job!!

Mojoe35

Garden City, South Carolina, USA. I find all the music for my videos here:

Freeplay Music | Welcome | The best music library on the planet!

Some of the music is totally free, some is copyrighted. Thanks for watching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval