Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First week with my Yuneec-Review

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Joe and I am a new member of this forum! I have put maybe 15 flights on my H this past week so I thought maybe I would give you all my take on this hex.

First I would like to mention that I own a Typhoon Q500+ and a Phantom 4. I picked up my H after my LHS called me and let me know that he got a large 10 order shipment in. If you are on the fence about purchasing one, all I can say is that in my opinion, it is worth the wait 10x over!

From my experiences, everything is working as designed and this machine truly exceeded my expectations. The landing gear deployment and retraction

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
works smooth and flawlessly. The gimbal is steady even in heavy winds and pan and tilt just look amazingly smooth and effortless. The drone itself handles great in even moderate-heavy winds and the motors provide good power for aggressive maneuvers. All functions that I have tested with the exception of the wizard, have worked as designed. Even the return to home accuracy seems better than on my Q500+ and P4.

The ONLY 2 issues

That I have experienced, as minor as they are, is that the video button and camera button did not work when pressed. After a couple attempts, recording and photos started working again.

The only other issue that I had was when landing, just before touchdown, the drone started shaking and bouncing. I gave it thrust and averted that situation. I landed the hex just fine after that.

I know that I am more or less a beta tester for Yuneec and after reading many posts on here, I think I will take my luck and cash out and wait to take it back out until there are more problems addressed and updates available. Anyway thank you and I will keep everyone updated!

I know that I am more or less a beta tester for Yuneec and after reading many posts on here, I think I will take my luck and cash out and wait to take it back out until there are more problems addressed and updates available. Anyway thank you and I will keep everyone updated!
Where did you purchase the H?

Welcome to the forum Joe.

My only problem with the video button is that I found I have to press it quickly, no hold it down. I don't know if that is the way it works on your Q500+ but, if not, give that a try.

Hello everyone, my name is Joe and I am a new member of this forum! I have put maybe 15 flights on my H this past week so I thought maybe I would give you all my take on this hex.

First I would like to mention that I own a Typhoon Q500+ and a Phantom 4. I picked up my H after my LHS called me and let me know that he got a large 10 order shipment in. If you are on the fence about purchasing one, all I can say is that in my opinion, it is worth the wait 10x over!

From my experiences, everything is working as designed and this machine truly exceeded my expectations. The landing gear deployment and retraction
I'm currently a P4 pilot I just purchased a Typhoon H. How would you compare the birds if you could only could choose one?

Just the person I want to here more from especially since you own a P4.
Tell us more on what you like and dislike between the two birds.

Just the person I want to here more from especially since you own a P4.
Tell us more on what you like and dislike between the two birds.
I'll be doing a video review and comparison on them both. I should be getting my H in two to three days.

I have p1 p2v2 p3p Typhoon H and fly my son inlaws p4. The H is so different from the phantoms it's hard to explain you just have to try it. The H feels and flies very solid. I tried the Curved Cable Cam today and it's amazing to fly in that mode and just worry about moving the camera. Make sure to have your gimbal control set to global! The surprising thing was that in CCC mode it didn't feel like I controlled the speed of the flight only going forward or backwards. I'm sure there's an adjustment I need to make to control the speed. I've only flown in angle mode not smart mode. The phantoms are very agile particularly the P4 in sport mode. The H is much quieter than the phantoms. Flying with my headplay goggles I think the lag is about the same or slightly worse with the H. I wish the H controller had a dedicated wheel to adjust camera exposure/iso like the phantom. Phantoms record into you tablet/phone which is very nice for reviewing and flight log/data can be viewed to so I miss that on the H. I really really like the H. With a new drone I'm more cautious so I'm less comfortable with the H until I get more flights with it. Once I get the 2 extra batteries tomorrow I'll be able to get more flights in and push her more. Looking forward to using the wizard next. I'm filming several projects this week so I'm very excited to use the H and she how she performs.

I have p1 p2v2 p3p Typhoon H and fly my son inlaws p4. The H is so different from the phantoms it's hard to explain you just have to try it. The H feels and flies very solid. I tried the Curved Cable Cam today and it's amazing to fly in that mode and just worry about moving the camera. Make sure to have your gimbal control set to global! The surprising thing was that in CCC mode it didn't feel like I controlled the speed of the flight only going forward or backwards. I'm sure there's an adjustment I need to make to control the speed. I've only flown in angle mode not smart mode. The phantoms are very agile particularly the P4 in sport mode. The H is much quieter than the phantoms. Flying with my headplay goggles I think the lag is about the same or slightly worse with the H. I wish the H controller had a dedicated wheel to adjust camera exposure/iso like the phantom. Phantoms record into you tablet/phone which is very nice for reviewing and flight log/data can be viewed to so I miss that on the H. I really really like the H. With a new drone I'm more cautious so I'm less comfortable with the H until I get more flights with it. Once I get the 2 extra batteries tomorrow I'll be able to get more flights in and push her more. Looking forward to using the wizard next. I'm filming several projects this week so I'm very excited to use the H and she how she performs.
Sounds cool man keep us posted.

You can pull the SD card out of the camera on the H and play them on the ST16 controller.
True but if you're shooting 60fps or 4k good luck playing it back on the controller I've tried it. It's not a huge deal just a nice feature you miss. I'm hoping down the road Yuneec will take advantage of some of the other buttons on rc to add functionality like controlling exposure.

Welcome to the forum Joe.

My only problem with the video button is that I found I have to press it quickly, no hold it down. I don't know if that is the way it works on your Q500+ but, if not, give that a try.

Welcome Joe !!!

I too found out a quick press of the button works over a long press..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval