Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Simulator for Typhoon H

Reaction score
Has anyone have experience with the flight simulator and what do you need to make it work. Is there a specific dongle (Part Number) for the Typhoon H? Where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks

Has anyone have experience with the flight simulator and what do you need to make it work. Is there a specific dongle (Part Number) for the Typhoon H? Where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks
Yes you need a dongle, IF you tell us where in the world you are we can point you at the right supplier

The Typhoon H isn't available on the simulator though is it? Is the simulator compatible with the Typhoon H controller as the simulator was designed before the H came along.

Thanks everyone, I the dongle is ordered $39.95 and I downloaded V2.0 and now will do the same with V3.

I registered it with FAA and will arrange to take the 701 test in a couple of days. Tonight I will get it calibrated and as soon as the FAA numbers arrive (via e-mail) I will be set.

Again thanks everyone

Thanks I downloaded V3 and all you have to do is select the model. Thanks for the upload site -- it worked quite well.

No problem. Strange how the different websites all have different versions across. I've had V2.10 for weeks now and still no update on UK and US site it seems.

Many thanks for the link to the correct version just had my 1st sim flights. Can you get the simulator to connect the camera as well? I don't get camera connection just handset which makes it a shame just having the LOS flight on the sim be nice to get camera practice etc via the sim as well.

Many thanks for the link to the correct version just had my 1st sim flights. Can you get the simulator to connect the camera as well? I don't get camera connection just handset which makes it a shame just having the LOS flight on the sim be nice to get camera practice etc via the sim as well.
Unfortunately not, that's not implemented at the moment and doubt it ever will as the video feed is completely separate to the RC link (on the 5.8G band) so the dongle would never support it. Not to mention it would be a lot of work and probably a much bigger processor hog on the pc as well as requiring a second dongle.
Use the sim to practise LoS in GPS and non GPS modes, and the new challenges are really good for helping with this and seeing your progress too!
I also practise my emergency techniques too, so I'll look away from the sim, hold down yaw a while so I have no idea of orientation and then push the forward somewhere so it disappears off. I then practise coming out of GPS mode and bringing it back to me in manual mode. The main practise is getting to the GPS off switch in the sub menu quickly! I imagine that's tough in real life when you're £1000 investment has decided to disappear off

This issue is covered somewhere around here. Ignore the warning as it is a false warning. I have downloaded the V.3 and it is great.
Thanks for that. Now had one sim flight. I keep getting the message "OBS. Avoidance has failed" Doesn't matter which position the OBS avoid switch is set to.

Thanks for that. Now had one sim flight. I keep getting the message "OBS. Avoidance has failed" Doesn't matter which position the OBS avoid switch is set to.

Yes that's a thing it does. Just press the return key on the remote and it will go away for a while.

Sorry I cant seem to find this typhoon H dongle and download for Typhoon h simulator. I have the q500 sim dongle but did not see anything on Yuneec website under uav pilot for H only Q.

Cheers

If you look through this thread you will find a link to the Yuneec German site that has UAV Pilot V.3 for download. The UAV dongle is available from most dealers. I bought mine from UAVision Uk.

Sorry I cant seem to find this typhoon H dongle and download for Typhoon h simulator. I have the q500 sim dongle but did not see anything on Yuneec website under uav pilot for H only Q.

Cheers

I believe the Q500 sim dongle that you have is the correct one. It will bind with the ST16. Follow the download link above from the german site to get V2.1 and the Typhoon H will be one of the available models.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis