Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Times

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been flying my H multiple times a day the past couple days, and while I know I've not been flying in the most efficient manner, I would expect my flight times to be at least a little longer. I've always been landing my H at the first low battery warning, and out of all of my flights that averages out to about ten minutes of in-air time.

What flight times are all of you getting? Does this seem normal? Are the off-brand upgrade batteries worth it?

Thanks!

What kind of battery charger are you using?

BTW most pilots aim to be on the ground before the battery warning.

What kind of battery charger are you using?

BTW most pilots aim to be on the ground before the battery warning.

Hmmm, I see, I'll keep that in mind for the rest of my flights. I'm using the battery charger that the H came with, the SC 4000-4 Balancing smart charger. I've got an adapter for the battery so I can plug it into my usual smart charger in the mail.

You might consider a better battery charger than what shipped with the H. There are a number of very good ones available that members have recommended. Hitec and Venom are two popular ones available at CarolinaDronz and Terrestrial Imaging and other drone shops. Ideally you want a charger that will enable you to see the status of each of the 4 cells in the battery, charge the battery properly and put it in storage mode.

My choice was the Morpilot DY3 for its simplicity of use while fulfilling the needs of the battery.

LiPo battery care

You might consider a better battery charger than what shipped with the H. There are a number of very good ones available that members have recommended. Hitec and Venom are two popular ones available at CarolinaDronz and Terrestrial Imaging and other drone shops. Ideally you want a charger that will enable you to see the status of each of the 4 cells in the battery, charge the battery properly and put it in storage mode.

My choice was the Morpilot DY3 for its simplicity of use while fulfilling the needs of the battery.

LiPo battery care

Well, my adapter arrived that allows me to charge my batteries with a dedicated battery charger, no difference. I check each of the cells, and they're all showing pretty consistent balances, up to 4.2 V each but ranging within 0.03 V of each other, a quick balance charge balances them all to a proper 4.2 V per cell. I've even tried my neighbors beefier than my already beefy charger, and it is only on par with mine.

I charge the batteries at around 2.0 A, even though I could charge faster, just to be light on them. Yet still I'm only getting flight times of 10 minutes, or 7 if I land at 14.8 volts.

What kinds of flight times are others getting? Should I be landing as the battery reads 14.8 V under draw(which I've been doing.) or 14.8 V while not under draw?

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

Well, I usually get around 12 min on a good battery. 10 min is not unusual though. A lot depends on how you’re flying. If you’re a hot rod then the battery is depleted sooner. I fly to take video and I’ve not seen an advantage for my work to fly fast.

I usually want to be on the ground at 14.5V and at 14.7 I’ve got my landing spot picked out and close to it.

Others will say they get dramatically better flight times.

Well, I usually get around 12 min on a good battery. 10 min is not unusual though. A lot depends on how you’re flying. If you’re a hot rod then the battery is depleted sooner. I fly to take video and I’ve not seen an advantage for my work to fly fast.

I usually want to be on the ground at 14.5V and at 14.7 I’ve got my landing spot picked out and close to it.

Others will say they get dramatically better flight times.

Alright, I guess I'm just really picking at making sure I've not got a bad drone.

Thanks for all the help Ron, really appreciate it!

LiPo battery care
How do I put it in "Storage Mode" ?

Just press on the "Storage" button for 2 seconds.

I believe Ron’s statement is for the DY3 charger, as I have a DY5 charger for an H+ that functions this way. Most other decent chargers will have a function within the menu options that will let you charge or discharge your batteries to a storage state for those times when you charge to many batteries for your flight session, or when you fly to long and need some juice in them until the next time you fly. 3.8v per cell is the storage voltage for the H batteries.

Last edited:
I believe Ron’s statement is for the DY3 charger, as I have a DY5 charger for an H+ that functions this way. Most other decent chargers will have a function within the menu options that will let you charge or discharge you batteries to a storage state for those times when you charge to many batteries for your flight session, or when you fly to long and need some juice in them until the next time you fly. 3.8v per cell is the storage voltage for the H batteries.

You’re correct. That’s the instruction for a DY3 charger.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
A2mail, I also get about 10 to 12 mins flight time per battery. But, I am always on the ground before the first battery warning. BTW, I am not to far from you. I am also in S.E. Lower Mi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval