Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FlightMode 2.0 re-install

Reaction score
I just performed a factory reset on the ST 16 controller in the attempt to resolve some software issues (was not able to connect to wifi to perform firmware updates) and could use some clear instructions on how to re-install the Flightmode 2.0 APK software available from Yuneec. I did receive instruction from Yuneec, but they proved not to be very helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Find this file:
TYPHOONHPLUS_APP_1.0.08_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec
Change the file extenstion from yuneec to zip.
Extract the file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk

Copy Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.

If you need a link to the apk file let me know.

Reactions: Gomi
Reaction score
I just performed a factory reset on the ST 16 controller in the attempt to resolve some software issues (was not able to connect to wifi to perform firmware updates) and could use some clear instructions on how to re-install the Flightmode 2.0 APK software available from Yuneec. I did receive instruction from Yuneec, but they proved not to be very helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you to all...Your input resolved my issue.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Reaction score
Glad I found you guys... Bought a used H+ today for commercial purposes and elated to see that it was Android as I have work extensively with these devices in the last few years.

However, thinking there was no issue, I completed a factory reset before pulling anything off of the remote, so now I do not have the .yuneec file from which to extract for the app apk. The remote itself is up to date so that is not help there. The link in @pineless comment above does not work either. Who distributes the old v1.0.08 apk or where I can a get a copy?

UPDATE... apparently the link from @pineless did work and I did not notice that the file was being DL'd in the background. My thanks to all of you and I look forward to many more posts and involvement within the forum groups for the H+!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Reaction score
Hi. When I change the file extension to .zip and try to unzip it, it tells me that the file has an unknown format or is corrupt

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszhang7268