Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FlightMode 2.0 re-install

Reaction score
I just performed a factory reset on the ST 16 controller in the attempt to resolve some software issues (was not able to connect to wifi to perform firmware updates) and could use some clear instructions on how to re-install the Flightmode 2.0 APK software available from Yuneec. I did receive instruction from Yuneec, but they proved not to be very helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Find this file:
TYPHOONHPLUS_APP_1.0.08_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec
Change the file extenstion from yuneec to zip.
Extract the file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk

Copy Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.

If you need a link to the apk file let me know.

I just performed a factory reset on the ST 16 controller in the attempt to resolve some software issues (was not able to connect to wifi to perform firmware updates) and could use some clear instructions on how to re-install the Flightmode 2.0 APK software available from Yuneec. I did receive instruction from Yuneec, but they proved not to be very helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you to all...Your input resolved my issue.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Glad I found you guys... Bought a used H+ today for commercial purposes and elated to see that it was Android as I have work extensively with these devices in the last few years.

However, thinking there was no issue, I completed a factory reset before pulling anything off of the remote, so now I do not have the .yuneec file from which to extract for the app apk. The remote itself is up to date so that is not help there. The link in @pineless comment above does not work either. Who distributes the old v1.0.08 apk or where I can a get a copy?

UPDATE... apparently the link from @pineless did work and I did not notice that the file was being DL'd in the background. My thanks to all of you and I look forward to many more posts and involvement within the forum groups for the H+!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hi. When I change the file extension to .zip and try to unzip it, it tells me that the file has an unknown format or is corrupt

Find this file:
TYPHOONHPLUS_APP_1.0.08_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec
Change the file extenstion from yuneec to zip.
Extract the file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk

Copy Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.

If you need a link to the apk file let me know.
so where do you find this apk file please . I did the same thing because the update took out the CCC and Orbit functions. So I thought a simple reset wold clear things up..what a mistake

so where do you find this apk file please . I did the same thing because the update took out the CCC and Orbit functions. So I thought a simple reset wold clear things up..what a mistake
You did the right thing to fix the problem you have encountered. There is a link on comment #7 above to get the apk file. Just click on the link and then select "Download". After you have flighmode restored then do the firmware updates.

You did the right thing to fix the problem you have encountered. There is a link on comment #7 above to get the apk file. Just click on the link and then select "Download". After you have flighmode restored then do the firmware updates.
Ohhh thank you so much... What a relief... Thank you

Hi!
Files inside the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec, which has been downloaded from Yuneec official update site are password protected.
Somebody can share the password. I'd like to take a look inside and to install FlightMode.apk on another tablet.

And one more question. I did some changes in Channel settings. How can I do a backup from the app itself and their data?

Regards!

This is a link to the apk file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk
This link is the unzipped files from ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec: ST16_V3.1.30

You can backup the ST16 data in the Android menu under Settings menu. You can also do a factory reset in that same menu which will restore the ST16 to it's original channel settings. If you are changing channel settings, create a new model first so the original model has the factory settings.

Thank you, Steve!
I have downloaded the files from Dropbox and I'll play with them sometime.

Just tested and realize that the "export model" does exactly what I want to have. I got all the digits related to curves, switches, etc. Only one issue I see. I have replaced names for buttons in channel settings with more intuitive, which is not mirrored in the exported file. As I see, this is a global setting, because creating a new model starts with the same names on the buttons. This talks not so good about the developers, because in different models channels should do different functions, so intuitive names can't be the same.

But this is not a big deal, a screenshot will be enough to restore the exact situation.

Good day to all, folks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis