Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Float TH and Q500

Reaction score
Hello, I'll show you a way to get the TH and Q 500 on the water

Greetings to all of the hamsters

Attachments

• CIMG0062.JPG
    CIMG0062.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • CIMG0058.JPG
    CIMG0058.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • CIMG0060.JPG
    CIMG0060.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • CIMG0059.JPG
    CIMG0059.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: Musicteach88
Hello, I'll show you a way to get the TH and Q 500 on the water

Greetings to all of the hamsters
Hi. Where did you get the pontoons? Did you have any issues with turbulence ( prop wash) when landing on the water? Since I live on a lake, this might be something I’d like to try.

Hello the pontoons are my own production. The Q500 weighs 250 g and the Th's I have rebuilt and come before 400g now 300g. I have not yet tested the TH on the water, just the meadow and no problems. The Q500 is water tested and works well with landing and take-off. Due to the higher weight, of course, a finer control with J1 is necessary when landing

Greetings to all hamsters

Reactions: Musicteach88
Hello here are a few short videos in poor quality of the Q500 over land and on the water

I remain unsure of the wisdom of placing the H camera anywhere near that sort of proximity to water without some additional steps taken to prevent water ingress. It has open vents on the underside, and is definitely not waterproof as is. I'd be very worried about splash-back there, and the danger of potentially breaking the most expensive part of the setup...

Hello actually, videos should now be set, but has not yet worked because of the format. H. elsner will see if he can convert the videos. On Saturday I made about 12 take-offs and landings on the water and by increasing the floats, the camera is so far out of the water that it does not get wet. First of all, about the flights with the Q 500. The camera remains absolutely dry. With the TH, which I will soon test on the water if the weather permits, the camera is even higher due to the floats. I'm absolutely not afraid of that and anyway, after such water flights at home, I will work lightly with a hairdryer to be on the safe side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval