Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Floating camera from 1985

Reaction score
Was watching a old 1985 sci fi movie about home robots going wild . At one point in the movie the “future” police force sent a “ Floating camera “ in to inspect the house for a runaway robot.

I thought it was funny becuse my girlfriend jumped up and said “ hey that’s a drone “ . It was pretty funny that back in 1985 the movie producers had insite to camera drones and virtual assistance’s . Most of the robots where like todays google home or alexia where they would ask what the weather was like or check the front door camera please.

Just thought that way before drones as we know them today where thought of in a movies prediction of the not to distance future .... lol

I think I remember that movie. There were remotely piloted 'drones' dating back to 1940 and the second world war, but I do think there is a relationship between what people can envision in the future and what actually comes to pass.

Reactions: Steve Carr
In WWII B-17’s used a pilot for the take off who bailed out after the aircraft was switched over to a remote pilot. The purpose was to load more explosives and fly the aircraft into the target. Also used were smaller drones for gunnery practice. Before she became famous and changed her name from Norma Jean to Marilyn Monroe she worked in small factory assembling drones for military target practice. The owner of the factory later became one of the early big names in RC engine development. Drones were used extensively during the Viet Nam war for photo and sigint surveillance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus