Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec’s Support the worst ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello guys, I’m so tired of yuneec’s service and I need to share my experience:

I first bought a Q500 4k at some point (1-2 flight hours) stopped responding, stopped connecting with gps satellites and they still had a great customer service, I was immediately replaced with a new one, shipped to my home in Mexico and also got a hard case. I was so pleased and told them I was sending back the case cause that was not the one I bought (my package was cheaper) and they told me to don’t worry and keep it.
Then the 2nd Q500 after some 3-4 flight hours I was doing a scouting for a movie with producers, director and the crew when it suddenly collapsed from maybe 60-80ft and my assistant was able to catch it before it hit the ground but the camera got som damage and stopped tilting but everything else “worked”, as by the time I was out of warranty I didn’t even call them.
1 Year after I bought the Thphoon H hoping things where better and trying to be loyal to the brand cause it was my first drone and the camera’s quality it’s very good and it has something phantom’s don’t have which is raw capture, so I bought Yunnec again. On my first flight in open space, full of satellite signal, nice weather, perfect conditions I was flying the 4th battery and trying to get comfort and confident with the drone when it did it again, collapsed without a reason but this time it hit the ground. The very next day I tried to contact yuneec and here starts the worst experience ever had: First of all wait times on the line are ridiculous, around 180 minutes, can you believe that? And I tried to call them a couple of times from my iPhone and guess what happened... of course battery drained or lost signal as soon as I moved from one point to other and spent more than 1 hour at least waiting (than happened 2-3 times) then they stopped receiving calls and became with this new system which is by appointment, can you believe that? By appointment like if they where doing us some favor, WE ARE COSTUMERS, and PAID FOR YOUR PRODUCTS so YOU AND YOUR WORKERS BRING MONEY TO THEIR HOMES and if we need support on your shitty products we might need it RIGHTAWAY not when you have time to. So long story until I got this “divine appointment” explained everything and that I live in Mexico and each of their defective products costs me import taxes and international (round) shipping each time they fail, which of course they don’t give a fk. So I had to travel to Texas cause I sometimes it’s cheaper to catch a flight rather than shipping international (for real), shipped the drone to reppair (they didn’t even paid for US shipping) and today, after almost 4 months I get this email saying that it’s still under repair when it was supposed to take tops 10 business days, to these I must add that I’ve requested CEO’s email to share my experience as a customer and they won’t give me the info, once again, they don’t give a fk.
Thanks for reading and I hope you don’t run through the same story and maybe someone helps me with CEO’s email or phone number.

Attachments

• 0DDA9926-E3C3-4019-9664-37C74C525F1C.png
    0DDA9926-E3C3-4019-9664-37C74C525F1C.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 7AC68201-A634-484E-9372-038B17C0DB8D.jpeg
    7AC68201-A634-484E-9372-038B17C0DB8D.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 5EEA7E8B-EE79-4721-A80C-DC6590D1ECA8.png
    5EEA7E8B-EE79-4721-A80C-DC6590D1ECA8.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 57A0965A-A045-4258-B263-A860FFC716A2.png
    57A0965A-A045-4258-B263-A860FFC716A2.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 17A50B19-555E-4930-9266-D2F3BEEFE5AF.png
    17A50B19-555E-4930-9266-D2F3BEEFE5AF.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 68
Um, have you ever thought you may have exacerbated this by your rude reply's?
I don't think you're doing yourself any favors getting you drone repaired quickly.
We may not always like the responses we receive but, if someone sent me crappy email, and I'm a employee at the bottom of the corporate totem pole, your paper work just now went into slow motion repair process.

BAD move on your part!
WE do not have access to Yuneec corporate. This is only a forum for those who are owners of Yuneec products.
I do not sympathize with your issues.

Last edited:
I feel your frustration with your H. However, if you live outside the states , it’s probably not the first time you had an issue with shipping. Secondly , before you even contacted yuneec, you could have posted your telemetry data here and the experts on here would have told you what made your bird fall. These guys here know their sh!$. Probably better than yuneec and certainly better than the person taking your phone call. Hypothetically if it turned out the failure was a battery not fully locked, that’s not warranty, however if on pleasant terms with yuneec, I have seen them do goodwill. Being hostile etc. like Ah-1G mentioned will certainly not get you far.
Good luck with the H

I don't think you're doing yourself any favors getting you drone repaired quickly.
We may not always like the responses we receive but, if someone sent me crappy email, and I'm a employee at the bottom of the corporate totem pole, your paper work just now went into slow motion repair process.

BAD move on your part!
WE do not have access to Yuneec corporate. This is only a forum for those who are owners of Yuneec products.
I do not sympathize for your issues.

You think so? Issues like these has happened with the 3 Yuneec drones I’ve bought, you think they’re selling quality products? You think they’re doing us (customers) a favor by talking our calls 180 minutes after waiting?

You think so? Issues like these has happened with the 3 Yuneec drones I’ve bought, you think they’re selling quality products? You think they’re doing us (customers) a favor by talking our calls 180 minutes after waiting?
You catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

No one ever said yuneecs CS was flawless
It is what it is

BAD move on your part!
I do not sympathize for your issues.

In this case, the customer should always remain “jolly, cheerful, full of smiles” after a paid commissioned contract gone wrong? Everyone will react the same as him.

By your reply, his best move would of probably been just to relax as not to piss off CS?

Reactions: AeriaL and AH-1G
@michelcastro

There are other social avenues to catch their attention and speed up your process.

In all fairness. Mitch excellent, I deal with him directly. Speak to Mitch again, and explain the situation again.

When I first had troubles, I also swung the hammer of righteousness as an American consumer. I mean I’m calling a USA business right? That got me nowhere but upset and frustrated. Later, I tried being kind and affable and even admitted fault in some of my issues and got much better attention.
Over the years, I’ve torn down and repaired multiple 480s and Q500s and except for the camera, I feel confident in my abilities and happy that parts are available from the good companies like Vertigo Drones and Carolina Dronz. As far as I know, Yuneec is one of the few with crash protection options that carry past warranty in theory. I believe that shows good intent towards honoring their warranties and backing up their products.

A US based headquarters that does respond with a robust parts supply chain is guilty of crappy of customer service according to the OP. Obviously many here have had different experiences. I think the moderator should kill this thread as it’s overly redundant and not helping anyone.

Do you think you're the only person calling in?
There will always be issues with any moving vehicles/products.
You're not perfect and neither am I, so we can expect issues with products, people make products!
How many vehicles do you see being repaired, new car dealerships, motorcycle shops, and so on? And yet these cost tens of thousands of dollars.
How much did you pay for you drone? Several hundred, and you expect exceptional quality?
Yes they are selling quality products base on the price. If you want quality/perfection go out and spend $33,000 for a drone!
Oh, but it still will have issues.
Yes there were times I had to deal with Yuneec support, was it frustrating? At times, but I didn't go throw a temper tantrum.

You are quite frustrated, but the problem is how you are contacting them. There are only 2 techs that answer telephone support. This creates long wait times. To get around this issue Yuneec provides several avenues:

Tech support is open from 8AM PT until 5 PM PT. IF you call by no later than 8:10 to 8:15 AM, you will be given more options. One is to leave a callback number and create an appointment time for them to call you.

Also you have the option early in the day, to use the Live Chat feature on the CS page. Either will eliminate that wait time on hold.

The simple fact is they are busy helping other customers... you will get better results by recognizing the limitations of the system and working within that system to minimize your frustration... as opposed to crying like a petulant 3 year old child.

Michel,

A few points to ponder.

The description of your aircraft incidents are incomplete and devoid of a considerable amount of information, preventing anyone from either assessing the events or to enable supporting your cause.

In review of your written communications with Yuneec there is an appearance some may not have been included in your post. It's reasonable to think the tone of your replies required a few more conversations than provided here to establish.

How we talk to people directly controls how they will respond and treat us. If I was seeking help or assistance I would certainly not use the tone and disrespect you did in your written conversations. There was no indication of a language barrier that could cause misunderstanding, your intent was clear. If your voice conversations carried the same tone I would be surprised you have received any help at all.

To my knowledge Yuneec USA has rarely, if ever, provided customer repair service to independent customers in countries south of the United States, so the shipping expenses you have experienced are not unusual. As we can buy anything from anywhere over the internet we have to recognize there will be service and support difficulties because of our location relative to a supplier. Because of that there will be times we will need to find alternative methods.

You might try using the customer service chat feature to try again using a little humility in your following conversations. Temper tantrums will accomplish nothing positive. Accept that although Yuneec USA is in the USA, the people working there have to follow policies and procedures established by the Chinese home office. The employees of Yuneec USA cannot deviate from those policies and remain employed.

Last edited:
Michel Castro mailed the bird to the Missouri repair facility, which is a Yuneec contracted repair facility.

Then, he emailed Yuneec in California which appears to not know what is going on because that facility doesn't have the bird.

He hasn't even contacted the Missouri repair facility!

Missouri most likely has his bird ready however will NOT pay to ship to Mexico. They will not make an international calls to Mexico either, BECAUSE the USA Yuneec warranty does not cover it.

He claims to have used a Texas address but none of the docs provided here show that or a USA telephone number.

He has not posted all communications only ones to support his complaint, so the reader can't really know for sure what's going on!

It would do Michel well to FIRST contact the correct repair facility and then find someone in the USA he could pay to mail his bird to Mexico, otherwise he should come to the US and get it himself!

To help Michel out, a simple web search from his RMA shows the correct place to contact is the following:

KAVService is a subsidiary of Ken-A-Vision Mfg., Inc. | YUNEEC Authorized Service Center | 5615 Raytown Road, Kansas City, MO 64133, USA Ph. 816-595-5600

Interesting.
What I see as a common theme with the responses which I find troubling is the amount of pushback concerning the treatment of others and how "you" expect to be treated. I get the pushback defending Yuneec BUT I'm disappointed that so many have the attitude of treating others how they are treated:( You would be better off by far to treat others with kindness REGARDLESS of how you are treated. It not only makes a better you it also either softens the other person's response or heaps burning coals upon their head (that's up to them).
DONT be that person who always has to get something in return for everything. It poisons those around you and just makes your own life more miserable.
That being said, some of you guys were really helpful and I really appreciate that even though it has nothing to do with me. I've been posting in the lowly breeze area but received a notification about this thread so i read through it.
I purchased 1 Breeze, was given another new one and went on to but parts ones off ebay cheap and so far repaired 10 of them at an average cost around $40 each. Was having more fun repairing than actually flying to be honest as the weather in upstate NY isnt so great now for flying.
IF anyone has a breeze I would be more than willing to assist in any repair advise or just repair it myself for nothing more than you paying for the shipping or parts if needed.
I'm in the process with the "DM" of writing a thorough everything you wanted to know about the breeze thingy with pics to post. All the information I've posted or privately in conversations is scattered around and ive taken at least a couple hundred pics so it's going to take some time so dont hold your breath.
I currently own or are arriving within a couple weeks about 30 drones but nothing better than the breeze or bugs 3/ bugs 3 mini with cameras as I learn to fly better. The typhoon H is on a short list of possible upgrades as you all know it's hard to be satisfied with video quality with no mechanical gimbal.
Anyways, kindness first last and always is the best policy on a forum as well as safety first last and always when you fly:)

Pete
Retired USN Nuke

Reactions: data2000
Although I understand the frustration, as most have said, it was not approached in the best way by the consumer. Being out of the country complicates the issue.

Having said that, although I haven't had the need more than a few times for my Q500+ bought a few years ago to my 2 H's ... I did try to contact them more recently and was not as impressed with their CS as I was early on. Chat wasn't working, I am not on Facebook and the phone service wasn't nearly what it used to be although once I left a message for a callback and never got one and had an unanswered email as well. One thing that moved me from DJI to Yuneec was their amazing CS.

Unfortunately this seems something that is common when companies grow... deteriorating personal attention from Customer Service. Sometimes it marks the beginning of a downfall, lets hope not in this case. If it were my company (and I had my own for 30 years or so) I would make sure that there were no such thing as extended times on the phone... there is no excuse for that, you have to do whatever necessary to take care of your customers. One company I worked for had a policy of not letting a phone ever ring more than 3 times, and sometimes you have to revamp your organization to do that, but CS is important to survival.

Should also add... growing larger is never an excuse for poor CS.

Last edited:
I would absolutely agree that there seems to be a direct correlation between the size of a corporation and their customer service in most situations I've personally dealt with. I believe that a lot of that is because its difficult to find and hire people who will actually care about what they do as much as the paycheck for it. Most people would call work a "job" instead of "what they do for a living". Very difficult to find someone who would say they are paid enough;)
I remember hearing about how Saturn was a great company and the training the workers received was top notch. Over time though the trained end up training new hires and instead of teaching the right way the short cuts were passed on and the build quality of the cars kept dropping. Shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
I've only called Yuneec once maybe 4 months ago after I bought my first breeze at walmart for $150. I couldnt figure out why my 2 older note 4 would connect but my note 8 wouldnt (airplane mode is the fix). Waoted on hold for just under an hour. The tech was nice so no issues there. Granted that was a simple thing and not a drone falling out of the sky.
So, is it true or not that you have to make an appointment now? Sounds like it isnt.
Dont they now offer some kind of DJI type warranty too for around $150? Havent looked but it must be different depending upon what model you have. Wouldnt be worth it at all for a breeze unless it was under $30.
Has anyone bought the warranty that had to use it? What was the experience like?

I've know small ma and pa companies treat their customers worse.

I've know small ma and pa companies treat their customers worse.

Sure lots of companies may be worse, large or small, but that has nothing to do with it really and is not an excuse for anyone to let their CS go downhill. Should we lower the standard? Anyway my point has been made, not worth carrying on about now.

Sure lots of companies may be worse, large or small, but that has nothing to do with it really and is not an excuse for anyone to let their CS go downhill. Should we lower the standard? Anyway my point has been made, not worth carrying on about now.

Ah....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval