Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fluke Hall

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
On the Fylde Coast about 2 miles East of Knott End and standing at the edge of the high water mark. A couple of H480 flights gave footage that this video was edited from.

Last edited:
Very nice FV! You do a swell job showing off the countryside in the UK.

Thanks Doom.
Did you see the police van? They just took a quick look and went on their way.

Yes I saw that. Wonder if someone called and said there was suspicious character strafing the shoreline. o_O

Yes I saw that. Wonder if someone called and said there was suspicious character strafing the shoreline. o_O
No idea. They came while I was about half way through my second flight battery at that location so if someone did call them when I first took off they had time to attend. In the end I could see that they were taking a look at me and the aircraft and they obviously decided that I was flying responsibly enough not to even bother approaching me.

It must be that calm and collected Steven Seagal demeanor that keeps them at bay, or you are strong with the force “you have no business with me or my drone... continue on your way”.

Reactions: FlushVision
It must be that calm and collected Steven Seagal demeanor that keeps them at bay, or you are strong with the force “you have no business with me or my drone... continue on your way”.
I like that.

Not that I've had any run-ins with the police over the years that I've been flying these things, a few years ago I gather that the police in the U.K. were a bit touchy about drones and sometimes made it tough for the flyers that they came across even if they were being flown responsibly. It seems to me that their attitudes have changed somewhat, particularly to pilots who are flying responsibly...maybe because of education or being more aware that they aren't the privacy problem that the police seemed to perceived them to be. Certainly over the years I've noticed that the public I've come into contact with while flying my aircraft are now less likely to be confrontational than they were a couple of years ago. For example, earlier that day I had been flying at another site about 1.5 miles away (see Pilling Embankment East ) when a man out walking stopped by me while I was setting the aircraft up and stuck around wanting to see me take off. He was genuinely interested, asked the usual questions, and even agreed to put his 'phone into aircraft mode at my request.

Yes, it is possible that someone at that site may have given the police a ring but my gut feeling is that no-one did and that the police just happened to come along as part of their routine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers