Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away with LiHV batt

Reaction score
First I want to tell you all that I have really gotten a lot of good info and enjoy reading this forum.

My problem is that I ordered a multistar 6600 LiHV. Then I sodered a pigtail together plugged it into my H and ran it out the back end and plugged into the battery. Velcoed batt. in H. Volts and everything looked good, but when I raised it to hover it flew away. Only thing I could control was up and down. I got it up over power line and down about 1/4 mile away and was able to find it undamaged with telemetry and Google map on my phone. That works great.

Flew my original batt. H flew great. Try ed the LiHV again, same thing except I got it down quick, just broke a couple of props. Flew my original batt. again everything fine.

The third time I try ed the LiHV I tethered the H and all it wanted to do was toilet bowl.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Just trying to use a cheaper and bigger mah batt.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
i know the battery dose not sound like the problem but something must be causing some type of interference that you cant see . if the original battery works , do not use the multistar 6600 LiHV , the next time you use it it may just go up and you wont be so lucky finding it so fast . if it was my problem i would put the multistar 6600 LiHV away most likely for good it's not worth crashing you drone over a battery .

First I want to tell you all that I have really gotten a lot of good info and enjoy reading this forum.

My problem is that I ordered a multistar 6600 LiHV. Then I sodered a pigtail together plugged it into my H and ran it out the back end and plugged into the battery. Velcoed batt. in H. Volts and everything looked good, but when I raised it to hover it flew away. Only thing I could control was up and down. I got it up over power line and down about 1/4 mile away and was able to find it undamaged with telemetry and Google map on my phone. That works great.

Flew my original batt. H flew great. Try ed the LiHV again, same thing except I got it down quick, just broke a couple of props. Flew my original batt. again everything fine.

The third time I try ed the LiHV I tethered the H and all it wanted to do was toilet bowl.

Just trying to use a cheaper and bigger mah batt.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Sorry to hear your issues. How did you find your bird with GPS on your phone???

The pigtail you made is causing magnetic interference. When you apply power to a positive and negative wire and you draw current through it you in essence make an electromagnet. The two wires need to be either twisted or must run together to cancel out the magnetic field. This field inside the H and in closed proximity to the flight controller is a recipe for disaster.

Put the multistar battery in the H as you would for flight.
Props on, gimbal lock off. Support the H by the middle arms. (Blue Green)
It should balance on your fingers.
If it leans more towards the rear, you could have a balance issue that the flight controller can not compensate for.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
Put the multistar battery in the H as you would for flight.
Props on, gimbal lock off. Support the H by the middle arms. (Blue Green)
It should balance on your fingers.
If it leans more towards the rear, you could have a balance issue that the flight controller can not compensate for.

The funny thing is, when people started getting excited about using that battery setup, I remember stating that people should be careful about the balance of the craft being wrong. Nobody seemed to be bothered by it and now it's a very good possibility it may be a cause to what happened.

As you stated, balance is very important in the performance of a multicopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing is, when people started getting excited about using that battery setup, I remember stating that people should be careful about the balance of the craft being wrong. Nobody seemed to be bothered by it and now it's a very good possibility it may be a cause to what happened.

As you stated, balance is very important in the performance of a multicopter.

I checked the balance on mine. No problem. I do use the tray....not a pigtail.

Bill W.

Others have had problems with the 3d printed battery tray like this ?
Which batteries are you using ?
kind regards from Belgium
Marnix

Others have had problems with the 3d printed battery tray like this ?
Which batteries are you using ?
kind regards from Belgium
Marnix
I have the tray but haven't flown much with it. But no fly away. If this pilot "made a pigtail" i would imagine that could be the problem.

Bill W.

I have an LIHV, not the one you have, and I've flown it in the tray 4-5 times w/o problems. Unbalanced, but the H compensated, flew level.
I have no idea what your problem is, but I will say that you do not give up easy, lol.

Reactions: Jester
I have an LIHV, not the one you have, and I've flown it in the tray 4-5 times w/o problems. Unbalanced, but the H compensated, flew level.
I have no idea what your problem is, but I will say that you do not give up easy, lol.
At first I thought maybe the LiHV was not compatible, but since I see that you and several others use them without any problems. It also balances out ok. So I have about come to a conclusion that it must be the pigtail. Will probably purchase a tray and try.

Check your pigtai connections, if one is loose, it will show voltage, but not allow the required amperage.

As a side note, played around with CG on the H. Can get it off quite a bit and she can compensate. Will have to do it again more scientific and post my results.

Flying unbalanced will cause extra wear on the motors that have to compensate for the unbalanced condition.

At first I thought maybe the LiHV was not compatible, but since I see that you and several others use them without any problems. It also balances out ok. So I have about come to a conclusion that it must be the pigtail. Will probably purchase a tray and try.

I've been thinking about that. The pigtail causing resonance or signal degradation could be, but it just seems so unlikely. Now, you know the LIHV's charge to 17.4 volts; I think that's right. Still, it does not seem likely that you charging it much lower would cause the problem you had without you noticing.

Kindly keep us informed on your findings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis