Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flyaway

Reaction score
I lost my H+, it took off never to be seen again. It was a flight I had made many times from my front yard with no issues. This night I lost all Control and connection with the aircraft. I tried to follow it but lost sight of it and could not restore connection. This is the flight log from the controller. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
James

Attachments

• Telemetry.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 39
  • Sensor.zip
    5 MB · Views: 7
  • RemoteGPS.zip
    196.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Remote.zip
    811.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.35.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.35.43 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
I lost my H+, it took off never to be seen again. It was a flight I had made many times from my front yard with no issues. This night I lost all Control and connection with the aircraft. I tried to follow it but lost sight of it and could not restore connection. This is the flight log from the controller. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
James
Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 11.42.53.png

this is what i can see, could be totally wrong

This is not the complete flight log, only telemetry. Maybe the othe files contain useful information (i.e. Sensor and Remote).
The last flight is from July 2020. What do you expect to find?
After the last flight, one day later, we got two times responses (telemetry data) from the bird without a take-off.

All this is a mysterium for me...

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
First of all this looks like telemetry from a Typhoon H and not an H Plus, and as stated by @h-elsner the last flightlogs were in 2020 and took place in Washington state east of Seattle. Your username suggests you are living in San Diego, CA. We need more than just the files in the Telemetry folder to see what may have caused the issue you describe as the Remote and RemoteGPS files tell us more of the whole story. Use the Retrieving Flightlogs attachment for your particular aircraft in the WTFDproject document found here Way To Fix Drones project.

If you have more than one system make sure you are getting the flightlogs from the correct ST16.

And another mysterious point: The telemetry is not from a H Plus but a H480 + RealSense.
I'm out.

Edit: As usual, DoomMeister was faster.
Thanks for creating the program we use! Without it analysis would be painstakingly slow.

First of all this looks like telemetry from a Typhoon H and not an H Plus, and as stated by @h-elsner the last flightlogs were in 2020 and took place in Washington state east of Seattle. Your username suggests you are living in San Diego, CA. We need more than just the files in the Telemetry folder to see what may have caused the issue you describe as the Remote and RemoteGPS files tell us more of the whole story. Use the Retrieving Flightlogs attachment for your particular aircraft in the WTFDproject document found here Way To Fix Drones project.

If you have more than one system make sure you are getting the flightlogs from the correct ST16.
I uploaded additional flight log files from my ST16. My knowledge of drones is very limited. I don't think an aircraft should lose contact with controller and just fly away, regardless of experience of who is holding the controller. Flip the Home switch and the aircraft returns, not this night though.

I uploaded additional flight log files from my ST16. My knowledge of drones is very limited. I don't think an aircraft should lose contact with controller and just fly away, regardless of experience of who is holding the controller. Flip the Home switch and the aircraft returns, not this night though.
Normally a loss of control signal will result in an automatic RTH, but there are things that can cause it not to do that. The first is not having a good GPS lock.

Can you confirm the aircraft that you had flyaway, was it the Typhoon H with a CGO3+ camera or the H Plus with a C23 camera?

We also need to know what geographic location this occurred at and on what date. The first flightlogs were in 2020 and I will check the latest in the morning.

Normally a loss of control signal will result in an automatic RTH, but there are things that can cause it not to do that. The first is not having a good GPS lock.

Can you confirm the aircraft that you had flyaway, was it the Typhoon H with a CGO3+ camera or the H Plus with a C23 camera?

We also need to know what geographic location this occurred at and on what date. The first flightlogs were in 2020 and I will check the latest in the morning.
It was Typhoon H CGO3+. I attached the location. The date Im honestly not sure but it's been awhile, maybe a year ago. I was just going to wright it off but the more I thought about it the more I thought it's ridiculous that this thing just flew away. I had flown from my front yard many times and never had an issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.35.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.35.43 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
This is not the complete flight log, only telemetry. Maybe the othe files contain useful information (i.e. Sensor and Remote).
The last flight is from July 2020. What do you expect to find?
After the last flight, one day later, we got two times responses (telemetry data) from the bird without a take-off.

All this is a mysterium for me...

br HE
I updated my original post with additional logs and location. Thank You

@jamesj91384

The files from the ST16 show the last time it was connected to a Typhoon H was in July of 2020 at Lake Sammamish just south of Redmond, WA.

There is absolutely zero data to support a flight anywhere in California. Was this system purchased used? Did you by any chance fly the Typhoon H with the Wizard Wand and not the ST16? When it took off did it fly away to the North?

What you believe about drones is generally true of GPS enabled systems, but the loss of GPS or the instance of never having a GPS Ready signal can lead to the very thing you describe if the control link is also lost.

@DoomMeister, ask how the files are obtained. I'm almost sure, these files are from the SD card in the ST16, not from the file system.

@DoomMeister, ask how the files are obtained. I'm almost sure, these files are from the SD card in the ST16, not from the file system.
To my knowledge, only the ST10 (and maybe ST12) use the internal SD card slot to record FlightLog data. The ST16 series store them in internal memory under FlightLog or Flight2Log folder.

I’ll test by inserting an SD card in the ST16 and binding to the aircraft to see if it creates a FlightLog in both places.

It doesn't. The logs are probably old, copied by the previous owner for some reason.
I think I just figured out what you were saying. The ones he posted may have been on SD card installed in the ST16 where a previous owner had copied them from the file system, so we are only seeing old files! Definitely a possibility.

@jamesj91384 please make sure you are accessing the internal file system in the ST16 in the folder named FlightLog. That is the folder where all FlightLog files are created and a new one should have been created each time the ST16 and the TH were powered on and bound.

@jamesj91384[/USER] please make sure you are accessing the internal file system in the ST16 in the folder named FlightLog.
@jamesj91384, this is a direct link to instructions for accessing the complete set of flightlogs on your ST16. Using this guidance will provide the best chance for getting logs with the affected flight recorded.
Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval

Reactions: NWSaint

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis