Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying for business..

Reaction score
So, how many members on here are flying their Typhoon for business rather than recreational uses? How is your Typhoon paying its way?

I am building a business plan at the moment...but a nightmare getting started! You have to spend so much on training, licensing and insurance before you can even begin to build a portfolio!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I'm in the process of getting all my SFOC's in place I'm in Canada ,We've got the insurance & training in place , just working on the licensing to be fully activated.Hoping to operate a Mapping and inspection operation .
Haven't spent the time needed with UAV TOOLBOX yet but do expect it to be a large part of our business.

Going for my exam dronepilot next week. Before that I may not do commercial flying (read: sell my imagery).
Exam is 250 euro, after that there will be insurance and other costs.

15808.jpg 9257.jpg
So, how many members on here are flying their Typhoon for business rather than recreational uses? How is your Typhoon paying its way?
Hi Tuna, my business in Sweden works very well, mainly with Real Estate brookers and still pics to 90%. The "problem" is that I have no back-up to my "H" and I plan to buy one more. If you come into the situation that you don't have any drone to fly you customers will go to another drone photographer and probably.stay there. Try to find a back-up solution before its to late. I am of course insured and certified for commersial drone business. My minimum charge for an assignment is approx 300Euro if its within 30km from where i live. Attached is customer samples. The Feelworld screen is very appreciated by the clients. .Best from Sweden

Last edited:
View attachment 5772 View attachment 5773
Hi Tuna, my business in Sweden works very well, mainly with Real Estate brookers and still pics to 90%. The "problem" is that I have no back-up to my "H" and I plan to buy one more. If you come into the situation that you don't have any drone to fly you customers will go to another drone photographer and probably.stay there. Try to find a back-up solution before its to late. I am of course insured and certified for commersial drone business. My minimum charge for an assignment is approx 300Euro if its within 30km from where i live. Attached is customer samples. The Feelworld screen is very appreciated by the clients. .Best from Sweden

Cool quality of photos. I can see it was very nice light to make pics, but still like to know what presets you used and if you use any filters.

Superb pictures! Perhaps a little photoshop/lightroom post shoot? I plan on doing real estate photography here in the UK...so useful to see your work.

fpv.jpg
Superb pictures! Perhaps a little photoshop/lightroom post shoot? I plan on doing real estate photography here in the UK...so useful to see your work.
Hi, of course it's always some PS postprocessing. I always use a -2ND filter and the rest "Auto" expose and ISO.. NB I always use "video" and then frame-grabbing, the pics I want works perfect to 99%. Then I plan the flying/shooting at the best possible light conditions, just tell your client that you decide when to fly. One more client sample added.

Attachments

• YUN6624.jpg
    YUN6624.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Dr Delta
I am building a business plan at the moment...but a nightmare getting started! You have to spend so much on training, licensing and insurance before you can even begin to build a portfolio!

Use your hobby and practice flying to generate the foundation of your portfolio and show reels. They do not become a commercial activity until they are used to sell your business. If they are not published (meaning made public) until after obtaining a license they remain a hobby activity until publishing. So shoot those places and subjects that will serve more than one purpose every time you go out.

Reactions: ttmarch
Use your hobby and practice flying to generate the foundation of your portfolio and show reels. They do not become a commercial activity until they are used to sell your business. If they are not published (meaning made public) until after obtaining a license they remain a hobby activity until publishing. So shoot those places and subjects that will serve more than one purpose every time you go out.
In the UK flying a drone within 50 metres of a building or within 150 metres of a person is illegal...unless you have an aviation licence / authority! So a drone carrying a camera is all but useless except for flying in a field...making it impossible to build a portfolio...its crazy legislation!

View attachment 5774

Hi, of course it's always some PS postprocessing. I always use a -2ND filter and the rest "Auto" expose and ISO.. NB I always use "video" and then frame-grabbing, the pics I want works perfect to 99%. Then I plan the flying/shooting at the best possible light conditions, just tell your client that you decide when to fly. One more client sample added.

4K vid, I presume? Did you change the sharpness of the cam, or is it at default 6....?

Thanks for sharing.

In the UK flying a drone within 50 metres of a building or within 150 metres of a person is illegal...unless you have an aviation licence / authority! So a drone carrying a camera is all but useless except for flying in a field...making it impossible to build a portfolio...its crazy legislation!

Harsh...!
Here recreational droning has more room to fly then commercial. So I am already building portfolio, and website. Just opened a FB account for the business....

Reactions: ttmarch
True R12NDS, which means get the aviation licence / authority and start taking pics to your drone website/marketing place..And be aware of that you need a back-up drone if your business are ment to be serious. What's the problem? Nothing! My advice is DO NOT put a pricelist on the website. Every drone assignment is unique. Good Luck! :)

Reactions: Dr Delta
It is the only option...but represents an investment of £5k minimum before you even get a portfolio! EEK! As for prices on a website...absolutely agree! Each job is different with different risks and timings etc.

It is the only option...but represents an investment of £5k minimum before you even get a portfolio! EEK! As for prices on a website...absolutely agree! Each job is different with different risks and timings etc.

You could consider taking a holiday over here. No problem shooting a portfolio legally.
Just stay within legal borders.

Cheers!

Or you can cooperate with other drone photographers to borrow or share a drone or may rent it in a "drone-shop". It's awfully embarrising to tell the customer that "I don'r have a drone to fly" (wait 8 weeks för repair) On the other hand 5K is the value of about two assignments.

You could consider taking a holiday over here. No problem shooting a portfolio legally.

Cheers!
Watch YOUTUBE there are "thousands" of very good, high quality, informative vids on how to take pics and vids with a drone! All free...

Cheers!

Where is that? Holiday and Portfolio combined sounds like the perfect business solution! ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66