Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flying near a helicopter base

Assuming this is in the US, the legend on the right does not say it is a NFZ. If you are a hobby operator all you need to do is make an effort to contact the operator. If you can find a number call it. Leaving a message meets the requirements of the current law.

Moving forward these will go away since authorization will be airspace driven. OK anywhere in Class G up to 400 feet. In Class B, C, D, E (surface portion) you will need actual permission. But FAA has not implemented that yet, so the first part of this holds.

Looks like the zone is centered on HM Coastguard Search and Rescue Station, Portland. Saw some news clips that implied they were closing it down in June of last year. Have you driven over to see if it's still active?

T
[QUOTE="Those may be the remnants of the USCG station.[/QUOTE]

The red areas are prisons. The one on the north is the Verne Citadel, now a prison. Not sure what the other is, but it looks like a prison from the air, and google street view shows a sign on the front entrance that says "prison facility". Don't know how up to date the maps are. I would assume both are active, and stay WAY away from them.
That's bad luck about the Verne Citadel, that place would have been a GREAT piece of history to display. Unfortunately, messing with it is likely to get you a full time view. From inside.

Reactions: Phaedrus
yep lived here all my life the 2 red marks are prisons and definitely nfz
the map and details that i put up are from nats personally in the uk i would say it is the most reliably source of nfz info
and going by the uk law
UK airspace is divided into separate airspace 'classes' for Air Traffic Management purposes - these are classified by the letters 'A' to 'G, with Class A being the most tightly regulated, down to Class G being the least restrictive. Classes A to E are known as Controlled
the Air Navigation Order requires that any person in charge of a small drone:

how can i find what class it is
and its easy to see if they are flying or not from the location i have been flying from
  • may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made
    and
  • must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft …for the purpose of avoiding collisions. Note: The use of normal corrective spectacles is acceptable within the term ‘unaided’
i now have there number ( will phone them next time just to be on the safe side ) also just been informed its not a licenced aerodrome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop