Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying over water .

Coating to waterproof the electronics may also insulate it. The heat that can't escape may kill the electronics before the water. Every drone, every helicopter is different. You don't know the effect of coating/insulating until you fly it for the length of battery's life.

Reactions: Brianlam
It's a super thin coating that's like oil that puts a thin barrier between the components and the atmosphere/water. In the video they are putting a thick silicone jacket and sealing it with epoxy. That might add to the heat of the ESC.

I've got 2 480's and 2 920's. It would be worth it for me for parts. I don't think the motors would be bad if picked up soon. You'd have arms, retract motors, body parts and camera housing. For me it's better than not getting it back. If it's under warranty then it's well worth it. As usual just my 2 cents worth.

I'd suggest watching this video as it will protect all components from a water dive.

Ive done this with one of my bigger planes for when I take to Float and Fly-in, never had a ditch but gives that peace of mind!

I have been debating weather to spray the Breeze or not while in warranty, may wait till it out of warranty next year

Reactions: thoneter
IMG_0430.jpg

Started testing this setup yesterday seems to be very stable and manoeuvrable.. going to test in wind and landing in water soon. However I do hear the motors working harder. I’d imagine shorter flight times..

Last edited:
Hey Brian I made those!

Item list:
4 - 1/8” carbon fibre rods x 5” easy find at Hobby Shop

4 - Styrofoam balls 3” (dollar store/penny store/craft store)

8 - cable/zip ties

Pre drill balls with 1/16-1/8 drill bit to a depth 1.5” use any ca safe foam glue and lightly coat carbon rods with glue and twist as you insert into styrofoam balls to required depth. make sure everything is equal in length and size to keep equal weight across 4 corners of the quad.

Let dry and then when ready attach to back side of legs with tape and zip ties or heat shrink. I’m headed off to the lake in August so want to have some ability to land in water should things go south ;)

Chose to try balls instead of pads because on lift off it will be easier to break the water surface tension.

Reactions: thoneter
Ive done this with one of my bigger planes for when I take to Float and Fly-in, never had a ditch but gives that peace of mind!

I have been debating weather to spray the Breeze or not while in warranty, may wait till it out of warranty next year
I agree. All 4 of my drones are out of warranty so it's up to me to safeguard as much as possible. I didn't do anything that I thought would void my warranty. Glad I didn't as I had 2 fly aways back to back that Yuneec honored.

Reactions: ravell
Hey Brian I made those!

Item list:
4 - 1/8” carbon fibre rods x 5” easy find at Hobby Shop

4 - Styrofoam balls 3” (dollar store/penny store/craft store)

8 - cable/zip ties

Pre drill balls with 1/16-1/8 drill bit to a depth 1.5” use any ca safe foam glue and lightly coat carbon rods with glue and twist as you insert into styrofoam balls to required depth. make sure everything is equal in length and size to keep equal weight across 4 corners of the quad.

Let dry and then when ready attach to back side of legs with tape and zip ties or heat shrink. I’m headed off to the lake in August so want to have some ability to land in water should things go south ;)

Chose to try balls instead of pads because on lift off it will be easier to break the water surface tension.
You'll have to tell us how much harder the Breeze has to work in heavy winds with the foam balls attached. Are you planning to do water landings or take offs?

Planning to do water take off not really, but I will try it in my back yard in a tub, I’ll record my efforts and post here. This is more so for peace of mind when flying over lake from the dock. But need to test this in some winds to check stability and battery life. Very stable in back yard flight with slight breeze.

I'm in the process of buying the corrosive X products so that I can waterproof my drones. Not sure how I will do the cgo3+ camera.

I'm in the process of buying the corrosive X products so that I can waterproof my drones. Not sure how I will do the cgo3+ camera.

I really unsure about cmos Sensor and the lens. I would almost take it all apart and use a brush small artist brush and go over it a few times. If you get x inside the cmos sensor housing you maybe pooched. Just be careful buy a set of magnifying loupes for your eyes so you can see the board at a magnified level.

Just ordered the XD. I'll take the camera apart and paint on the XD except for the cmos sensor. Better than losing it all if it goes swimming. I saw that a Mavic flier sprayed the whole inside of the camera and then just wiped off the lens. I'd think that if any got into the lens or cmos sensor that it would make for some good glamour shots!

Reactions: ravell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop