Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow-me is quirky with Mantis Q

Reaction score
I hope somebody has an answer for this problem. When try to set up the follow me function the frame I draw around the subject disappears without the start button appearing. Sometimes it does appear but the frame is now pointing at the ground. Some drift does occur on a windy day. Even on a calm day it does what it wants on its own. Some insight please. While the special functions would be nice to have they are not why I bought the Mantis. All updates have been performed.

I’ll give a shot at doing some of the automated functions in the next few days. So far I have only flown it for the fun of flying, usually in sport mode.

Welcome back DM. You seem to enjoy troubleshooting. I agree with you on the pleasure to fly. It is easier to get ready then the Typhoon which I haven't even used the Wizard yet.

Welcome back DM. You seem to enjoy troubleshooting. I agree with you on the pleasure to fly. It is easier to get ready then the Typhoon which I haven't even used the Wizard yet.
The Wizard is a bit difficult to retain the combinations unless you use it all the time. Where it comes in handy is to have the TH follow it and have a second person control the camera on the ST16. I still prefer to fly the TH over the Mantis if I am doing photos or video. The lack of a stabilized gimbal on the Q version leaves that function lacking.

I was an avionics tech in the Air Force and a maintenance electrician/electronics tech for a major automotive manufacturer for 20+ years. Yes I like troubleshooting high tech devices. There are several of us on the forum that like doing this and the broad spectrum of expertise here makes the forum the success that it is.

Just found the specs on my AT&T Axia. The processor is a quad core, but is only 1.1 GHz I found a web sight that says anything under 1.4 GHz is not suitable for proper operation of special functions.

Just found the specs on my AT&T Axia. The processor is a quad core, but is only 1.1 GHz I found a web sight that says anything under 1.4 GHz is not suitable for proper operation of special functions.
Please post a link to that.

Okay. I have just set-up a second phone found refurbished on ebay. It is a Motorola Moto Z2 Play. It has the required processor and speed for operation of the follow-me function. I had to use a web sight that listed specs on most cell phones. The site was www.gsmarena.com. I hope this info plus the info of processor requirements at www.yuneec.kayako.com helps any new owners of a Mantis.

Okay. I have just set-up a second phone found refurbished on ebay. It is a Motorola Moto Z2 Play. It has the required processor and speed for operation of the follow-me function. I had to use a web sight that listed specs on most cell phones. The site was www.gsmarena.com. I hope this info plus the info of processor requirements at www.yuneec.kayako.com helps any new owners of a Mantis.
Thanks for posting a link to the GSM Arena website. I have used it for years to check specs on different phones to check compatibility for various drones.

The Mantis Q was a ground-breaker in several areas of technology. Sadly, it had quirks that soured many owners, and the lack of a decent gimbal resulted in poor pic ability (yes, I have one).

The Mantis G greatly improved the gimbal and various other functions, but I believe many Q owners had already given up on the Mantis.

Yes, "quirky" is apt language for the Q.

I do have a Typhoon for the better shots. The Mantis is easier to travel with (of course) and I enjoy flying it because it holds its altitude much better then my FPV Mach 25. And for less then $200.00. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss