Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow me mode activation

Reaction score
Just physically moving the controller activates the follow me mode.
Change to watch me mode and the camera will continue to follow the controller and it will also tilt or pitch as you manually gain altitude or drop in altitude.

(Demoseed was wondering how to activate the follow me mode on one of his videos, and i wanted to post this tip for ease of understanding....It's really a quite useful attribute of this unit)

I love the simplicity in design for single man flying and shooting.

Last edited:
Just to let you know you can not use follow me/watch me mod when you in angle mod. It only works when in smart mod.

Yep, the watch me mode is very handy, but the follow me mode is great for capturing coastline shots over a few miles long. Just ride your bike along coast and point the camera where you want. Here's a bike handlebar mount for the ST10 that I made for the job. I just put some velcro on a board and the back of the ST10. Nylon tie wraps hold the board onto the bars really snug. The quick remove Velcro setup makes it easy to transition from riding to capture to walking to capture video.

The new wand is going to make this so much easier, but this bike mount works really good.

upload_2015-10-20_15-14-47.png
upload_2015-10-20_15-16-57.png

Last edited:
Yep, the watch me mode is very handy, but the follow me mode is great for capturing coastline shots over a few miles long. Just ride your bike along coast and point the camera where you want. Here's a bike handlebar mount for the ST10 that I made for the job. I just put some velcro on a board and the back of the ST10. Nylon tie wraps hold the board onto the bars really snug. The quick remove Velcro setup makes it easy to transition from riding to capture to walking to capture video.

The new wand is going to make this so much easier, but this bike mount works really good.

View attachment 36
View attachment 37
Nice job on the board....
How much distance can you get with your range extension antennas?
What drops out first, the 5.8 video or the 2.4 radio control signal?

The reason I ask is that I just installed a different brand etension antennas and the only go 800 feet losing both RC AND VIDEO. reconnects at about 300 feet.
My stock controller went 2800 feet when losing video and wouldn't go out any farther...but came back ok....reconnects video signal within twenty seconds every time.

Wi-Fi is highly affected with environment. Any area can be bad when in town, it depends on the area of course. Here in Orange county, CA I get about 1800 to 2000 LOS with just the FPVLR antenna kit. With their amplifier kit this increases to 4000' to 5000'. I rarely need to go that far so I don't use the amplifier much. The two amps attach to the back of the ST10, using the same bike mount Velcro.

My stock ST10 got out to about 900 to 1200' when I start to lose video. My video drops out first, I've never had a disconnect with control.

If you got 2800' with a stock ST10 you're lucky, or you're in the country, desert or over water.

Wi-Fi is highly affected with environment. Any area can be bad when in town, it depends on the area of course. Here in Orange county, CA I get about 1800 to 2000 LOS with just the FPVLR antenna kit. With their amplifier kit this increases to 4000' to 5000'. I rarely need to go that far so I don't use the amplifier much. The two amps attach to the back of the ST10, using the same bike mount Velcro.

My stock ST10 got out to about 900 to 1200' when I start to lose video. My video drops out first, I've never had a disconnect with control.

If you got 2800' with a stock ST10 you're lucky, or you're in the country, desert or over water.
Flying over aliso creek in the wood canyon wilderness preserve from kite hill 240 ' elevation.
The drone outlet that sold me the poorly functioning range extension antennas said the 2.4 RC signal is bidirectional. ...signals going from control station to drone and signals from drone to control station. (Battery levels, gps coodinates, etc)
Makes sense....two identical 2.4 antennas in the handles of the control station, and one flat panel 5.8 video reception antenna up in the top of the control station....three total.
Have you ever heard that the q500 and st10 are bidirectional? Then why don't all range extension antenna kits have three new bigger external devices? Jus asking anyone here that may have more info on how these transmitters / receivers can work over such long distances....
I must admit if I don't hold the control station at the correct angle in relation to the drones position in the sky the video will drop, but quickly reconnect.

Can you post
Flying over aliso creek in the wood canyon wilderness preserve from kite hill 240 ' elevation.
The drone outlet that sold me the poorly functioning range extension antennas said the 2.4 RC signal is bidirectional. ...signals going from control station to drone and signals from drone to control station. (Battery levels, gps coodinates, etc)
Makes sense....two identical 2.4 antennas in the handles of the control station, and one flat panel 5.8 video reception antenna up in the top of the control station....three total.
Have you ever heard that the q500 and st10 are bidirectional? Then why don't all range extension antenna kits have three new bigger external devices? Jus asking anyone here that may have more info on how these transmitters / receivers can work over such long distances....
I must admit if I don't hold the control station at the correct angle in relation to the drones position in the sky the video will drop, but quickly reconnect.
Can you post a photo of your range extender?

I took the upgraded range extending antenna off and am returning it. They wanted me to send the st10+ in to repair it.
I immediately retested the stock setup (im now a pro at openning and closing up the st-10+) 20151021_122424.jpg 20151021_122406.jpg and turned around after going out 2160 feet ....that is so far out it looks like a tiny ant.
I totally lost site of it at 2800 feet the other day and had a hard time spotting it again.

I didn't know these had such good range right out of the box....
on my first ever kite hill flights It lost video a couple of times at 3-400 ' out and 300' up.(almost straight overhead)
and thought it was just a poor performer....little did I know that it was my fault for poor handling of the st-10 holding it flat and not pivoting my body to follow it.

The antenna your using requires you to keep the focused beam in the area of the craft at all times. Take a look at this video. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn the basics on how they work.
2 - 3000 feet out is child's play for some of these range junkie pilots. I have a friend with a Phantom 3 Standard (no lightbridge) and he is getting 7500 feet with a similar antenna.

Reactions: dirkclod
I took the upgraded range extending antenna off and am returning it. They wanted me to send the st10+ in to repair it.
I immediately retested the stock setup (im now a pro at openning and closing up the st-10+) View attachment 38 View attachment 39 and turned around after going out 2160 feet ....that is so far out it looks like a tiny ant.
I totally lost site of it at 2800 feet the other day and had a hard time spotting it again.

I didn't know these had such good range right out of the box....
on my first ever kite hill flights It lost video a couple of times at 3-400 ' out and 300' up.(almost straight overhead)
and thought it was just a poor performer....little did I know that it was my fault for poor handling of the st-10 holding it flat and not pivoting my body to follow it.
If you go to the Itelite website there is no mention of Q500 support. It's my impression you may have been sold an non-compatible antenna for the ST10. Remember, the Q500 uses 2.4Ghz for control and 5.8Ghz for video. If you don't have the right antenna connected to the right frequency transmitter, that would be a problem. However, I would assume the DBS01 had those frequencies clearly labeled, correct?

If you really want additional range, go to FPVLR.com, they offer a Q500 antenna solution that works, I have it. It's not as pretty as DBS, but it works good. Notice below how different the antenna is for the two frequencies.

upload_2015-10-22_13-19-57.png
upload_2015-10-22_13-11-25.png

Last edited:
Unless itelite has added anything they have two panels I know of .
One is for the P3 PRO/ADV as they just 2.4 .Maybe that works with the inspire I don't know .
The other which I have on my P3S and have had on my P2V has 3 ports .One on the left is 5.8 and the other 2 are 2.4 .
I am using FPVLR stage 3 on my Vision now and they are great .
I don't know anything about the YUNEEC and just here cause a friend is .
I do know about the itelite's and FPVLR's though and was using them before he started putting them on panels like in the picture above . Had to make my own .
2TX.JPG The tall one is 5.8..TX and the dome and spiral are 2.4 FPV
IMG_1579.JPG This is on the P3S as it's Wi-Fi also and port 1 is 5.8...TX and the other's are 2.4...FPV
The other one only has 2 ports The one on my TX is the DBS01 and it does kick butt.
On a Phantom .
running jack.gif

Yeah, until your battery dies halfway back. Yikes!
The Phantom guys are going several miles and back on one battery. ;)
And to think I was excited to go 4000' the other day. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval