Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow me with wizard flew badly

Reaction score
I tried my Wizard for the first time today and using the hand control was as expected. when I tried both forms of Follow Me,
The drone was flopping all over like it was drunk driving. It followed me but it wasnt pretty. does anyone kno bout this?
Otherwise i wont be using the Wizard again. Thanks, Richie

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I tried my Wizard for the first time today and using the hand control was as expected. when I tried both forms of Follow Me,
The drone was flopping all over like it was drunk driving. It followed me but it wasnt pretty. does anyone knowing bout this?

I have only used my wizard once and I too will not use it again.

I did not have the experience you had but it does take some getting used to plus knowing the proper button usage wish I could tell you more but I'm sure somebody else can.
At this stage of the game I do not need any crashes being that Yuneec is not available to their customers like they used to be.
Keith

The drone was flopping all over like it was drunk driving. It followed me but it wasnt pretty. does anyone kno bout this?
I used mine for a Follow Me a couple of times when I first acquired my Typhoon H. It does take getting used to controlling with the Wizard and it helps to keep a cheat sheet handy. My aircraft had no trouble following the Wizard while driving around in my golf cart. With trees in the area and between me and the aircraft (only a few) I had placed the TH where it would not have to avoid them. I made sure the path would be free of obstacles.

It might help if you would give a more detailed description of how the aircraft reacted and the type of environment you were flying in.

I used mine a couple of times three years ago. On one follow-me flight, it worked quite well. It was nerve racking trying to remember button usage (or to keep referring to a cheat sheet while flying). The last time I used it, all was going well until the battery in the wizard died. The H did not RTH and land due to lost communication. It just hovered in place. Luckily, I was in the process of coming home so it was only about 20’ high. After some tense moments, I discovered the wizard worked intermittently. I was able to bring it down a foot at a time. Got to where I could grab it and held on until I was brave enough to reach up between the front props and hit the on/off button on the H. Pucker time over! Since then, I’ve logged over 200 flights trouble free, without the wizard.

I haven't really tried mine but I'm tempted after watching the tutorial video from Dan at Yuneec UK. The Typhoon H in the Tutorial seems to be a standard version without Realsense. I'm wondering if the flopping around was because you have a Typhoon H Pro with Realsense and obstacle avoidance was on?

Thanx everyone I was getting all excited to try my wizard, but now you've scared me away.

I haven't really tried mine but I'm tempted after watching the tutorial video from Dan at Yuneec UK. The Typhoon H in the Tutorial seems to be a standard version without Realsense. I'm wondering if the flopping around was because you have a Typhoon H Pro with Realsense and obstacle avoidance was on?

Na its just the H. I tried it out in the park while walking and it seemed to be moving way to fast then stop then fast again. Look like it had to go that fast then correct itself. Maybe its meant for following cars n bikes n such and not take a romantic walk in the park like with the st16. I flew with the wizard again today and when i walked directly at it, it charged me and i ducked my face just in time. THAT WAS KRAZY WITH A KAPITOL K

• Wow
Reactions: AussieCate
Are the sensors at the front of the aircraft always facing the direction of travel when you are in Follow Me?

Do you have the RealSense module on your aircraft?

If so, is the fan working on the Bottom of the RS module? If it stops working the module can overheat and cause erratic behavior.

Reactions: AussieCate
The Wizard and the H use GPS locations of each of those units for positioning in the follow-me function. So it's important to have sufficient horizontal spacing between the units. If you are too close to the aircraft while holding the wizard, the follow-me function isn't going to work very well. A horizontal distance of at least 50' works much better. Also the H gets the altitude change from the Wizard. So maintain at least 25' above the ground in flat terrain and more if you are climbing or descending hills or near trees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Na its just the H. I tried it out in the park while walking and it seemed to be moving way to fast then stop then fast again. Look like it had to go that fast then correct itself. Maybe its meant for following cars n bikes n such and not take a romantic walk in the park like with the st16. I flew with the wizard again today and when i walked directly at it, it charged me and i ducked my face just in time. THAT WAS KRAZY WITH A KAPITOL K
Did you have Obstacle Avoidance enabled? Walking toward a flying weed whacker at face level with OBS enabled is bad enough, but if it is not on THAT IS CRAZY WITH A CAPITOL C.

I finally tried mine today too and it was also drunk. Having read Steve's explanation I'll check the distance next time.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval