Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow Me

Reaction score
When I go in the "watch me" mode of follow me, I can stand still and after a few seconds the drone will start rotating but the scene on the phone will stay the same for about 30 seconds or more then it will start showing the rotation. As long as I stay in that mode the camera signal has a terrible delay and of course follow me doesn't work. All other times the delay is minimum. Follow me in the GPS mode works sometimes and sometimes not. Sometimes I get the "phone GPS signal is weak". LG K20 android phone. Is there some way to get a stronger phone GPS signal?

You can try placing your phone in Airplane mode, then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, then start Breeze Cam and see if your video lag is less. It can also help by removing a protective case if you use one on your phone.

If you don’t see any improvement contact Yuneec Customer Support and see if they have any further suggestions.

Reactions: MDR
You can try placing your phone in Airplane mode, then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, then start Breeze Cam and see if your video lag is less. It can also help by removing a protective case if you use one on your phone.

If you don’t see any improvement contact Yuneec Customer Support and see if they have any further suggestions.

I have been going into airplane mode and then binding the breeze to wifi. If I am close enough to the house to pick up the house wifi the Breeze will lose wifi signal at least once on the first flight. Phone keeps wanting to go back to house wifi. Seems to do okay after that. The only time there is a bad camera delay is in the "watch me" mode of follow me. But I still like the breeze! Really surprised how much wind it can handle!

I don’t know what the differences are between the Android and iOS versions of the app, but I see a lot less trouble with follow me mode from iOS users.

The only Android I have is a Fire 7 and it doesn’t have GPS so I can’t do a smart follow me on Android. It works fine on my iPhone 5S and 7.

The video link is very laggy on the Fire 7, so I don’t fly with it very often.

@jncaseman
Where are you from? If in Europe the E-Version (as opposed to the F-Version) of your Breeze's firmware might help to minimize the lag in video.
I am in the Southeastern USA. I may go back to the E version and see if it makes any difference. Thanks guys!

I am in the Southeastern USA. I may go back to the E version and see if it makes any difference. Thanks guys!

You should be using the 0.1.37A version of the firmware. When you connect to the Breeze go to settings, about, and reply with the versions for Client, Flying control, ESC, and Camera.

What Android device are you using to fly the Breeze?

You should be using the 0.1.37A version of the firmware. When you connect to the Breeze go to settings, about, and reply with the versions for Client, Flying control, ESC, and Camera.

What Android device are you using to fly the Breeze?
Okay the Client is 1.4.7,Flying control is 1.1.2 , ESC is 1.0.3 and Camera is 2.0 . Phone is a LG K20V Android version 7. Thanks!

I think your camera version is actually 2.0.04(A). Meaning you are using the current version of the firmware for the US.

Does it help to place your K20 in Airplane Mode before flying the Breeze? That is the first suggestion Yuneec CS gives as advise. After placing in airplane mode you need to enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze.

Are you around a lot of trees or tall buildings when you get the weak GPS from the phone? It does not send a GPS signal to the Breeze, but if it does not have a good GPS fix the Breeze will not be able to track it.

I think your camera version is actually 2.0.04(A). Meaning you are using the current version of the firmware for the US.

Does it help to place your K20 in Airplane Mode before flying the Breeze? That is the first suggestion Yuneec CS gives as advise. After placing in airplane mode you need to enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze.

Are you around a lot of trees or tall buildings when you get the weak GPS from the phone? It does not send a GPS signal to the Breeze, but if it does not have a good GPS fix the Breeze will not be able to track it.
Yes, I picked up from this forum that I should put the phone in airplane mode so I have been doing that all along. And I do have trees close around where I have been flying. I show high teens number of satellites on both phone and Breeze. I believe you said in one post that the Breeze should be about 30 feet away for the Follow Me to work best and where I am flying that puts me real close to trees. I was able to get the video I wanted by using Selfie Mode so I'm not all that concerned anymore. Thanks for all your help and all the help you give on the forum to everyone!

You are most welcome! Happy New Year!

If you can get to an open area like a school yard, park, or large parking lot. Give follow me a try there. The farther you have the Breeze from you the easier it is for it to react to changes in your direction of travel. Just remember the Breeze has no obstacle avoidance so you have to be sure you don’t have it run into something while following you. It can follow you past the normal geofence because it is tracking your phone, but if you use the RTH function it will still return to the point of takeoff. It is usually best to use the Land feature so it will be in your immediate vicinity.

If you have a friend with an iPhone 5S or newer see if they will let you load Breeze Cam on it and give follow me a try on an iOS device. I still recommend being in airplane mode to turn off the cellular network. Keeps it from getting calls or text while flying.

You are most welcome! Happy New Year!

If you can get to an open area like a school yard, park, or large parking lot. Give follow me a try there. The farther you have the Breeze from you the easier it is for it to react to changes in your direction of travel. Just remember the Breeze has no obstacle avoidance so you have to be sure you don’t have it run into something while following you. It can follow you past the normal geofence because it is tracking your phone, but if you use the RTH function it will still return to the point of takeoff. It is usually best to use the Land feature so it will be in your immediate vicinity.

If you have a friend with an iPhone 5S or newer see if they will let you load Breeze Cam on it and give follow me a try on an iOS device. I still recommend being in airplane mode to turn off the cellular network. Keeps it from getting calls or text while flying.
I rechecked my software and the camera version is 2.0.15 (F). Don't know why I just picked up 2.0 before. Could be I'm getting old (76). LOL What should I do now?

I think part of your problem is that you have European firmware and are flying in the US. Your phone determines where you are located by GPS and cellular usage and makes changes to the WiFi and cellular networks based on that.

Leave airplane mode off so the cellular network is active, connect to the Breeze, start Breeze Cam, go into settings, about, and click on Firmware Upgrade. Then follow instructions as it updates. Make sure you have location services enabled on your phone and that Breeze Cam has permission to use it.

If the OTA upgrade fails let me know and we can do the upgrade via USB connection to a PC.

I think part of your problem is that you have European firmware and are flying in the US. Your phone determines where you are located by GPS and cellular usage and makes changes to the WiFi and cellular networks based on that.

Leave airplane mode off so the cellular network is active, connect to the Breeze, start Breeze Cam, go into settings, about, and click on Firmware Upgrade. Then follow instructions as it updates. Make sure you have location services enabled on your phone and that Breeze Cam has permission to use it.

If the OTA upgrade fails let me know and we can do the upgrade via USB connection to a PC.
Okay I couldn't get the firmware to update using the OTA so found your post telling how to do it with PC and USB cable and got it done. Hope tomorrow the weather will be so I can recalibrate and try it out. Thanks for all the help!

Okay I couldn't get the firmware to update using the OTA so found your post telling how to do it with PC and USB cable and got it done. Hope tomorrow the weather will be so I can recalibrate and try it out. Thanks for all the help!

Did you do the US 0.1.37A firmware? That is the official one. There is also a 0.1.39A, but I never noticed any difference on my first Breeze and Yuneec never publishes a change log to know what the firmware versions addressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval