Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Formatting SD Card within ST16

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here but been watching for a while. I thought I recalled someone once saying that it was important to format the Micro SD card within the ST16 to be sure it was done correctly. I just got off the phone with Yuneec Customer Support and they said it HAD to be done from a PC. Anyone?

Reactions: Rayray
Hey guys, I'm new here but been watching for a while. I thought I recalled someone once saying that it was important to format the Micro SD card within the ST16 to be sure it was done correctly. I just got off the phone with Yuneec Customer Support and they said it HAD to be done from a PC. Anyone?

I haven't reformatted my Sandisk micro SD since I bought and it seems to work okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did format the SD card that came with the "H" Pro on my desk top. Five successful flights with no issues, great machine.

Reactions: Subtle Shots

The SD cards I have bought lately came formatted, work fine in my H and ST-16.

I suspect the reason they mentioned to use the ST16 to format the SD is because the transmitter doesn't support any format other than FAT as any other format it won't recognize it. I used my MacBook and it worked as long as the format is FAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I format from a PC. So far I've used both FAT32 an ExFat formats with no problem. Use a quality brand card that's as fast as you can get. When you get a new card, delete whatever might be on it and use standard format, not quick format.

I was told by a yuneec tech that 32GB and under use FAT and to use EXFAT for anything larger.

I only use 32gb or 16gb cards and use a new card for each location. With large 64gb cards it's too many eggs in one basket if a card corrupts or is lost for some reason.

Reactions: abinder
Hey Pilots,
I need to get a new microSD card. I found this one on EBay
Samsung 128GB UHS-I PRO Plus Class 10 U3 MicroSDXC 95MB/s
Could you please tell me if this should be fine.
I recently returned my typhoon H back to Yuneec tech-support to figure out why my ST controller plays back choppy video.
Their conclusion is that the microSD card is not a class 10 U3 that I was using.
Please help

Thanks

It's possible that what you have is not as advertised. There's a lot of card counterfeiting and EBay is a counterfeiter's paradise.

Try another card.
I am assuming the ST-16 video you are plying back is being obtained from the camera's SD card and not video recorded directly to the ST-16, yes? If you are playing back video that was recorded in the ST-16 the SD card in the camera is not relevant to your problem. If you are seeing choppy ST-16 recorded video it may well be your antennas were aimed badly and the video signal was breaking up. Just in case, don't aim the ST-16 antennas at the H, orient them at right angles to the H.

Last edited:
Hey Pilots,
I need to get a new microSD card. I found this one on EBay
Samsung 128GB UHS-I PRO Plus Class 10 U3 MicroSDXC 95MB/s
Could you please tell me if this should be fine.
I recently returned my typhoon H back to Yuneec tech-support to figure out why my ST controller plays back choppy video.
Their conclusion is that the microSD card is not a class 10 U3 that I was using.
Please help

Thanks

Playback of choppy video on your ST-16 seems to be the standard, as long as you are talking about playing back the video that is recorded by the ST-16.

I do not know how the quality will be if you put the SD-card from the CGO in the ST to play those recordings back. I assume evn those are bad if you recorded @ higher quality then 720 p because of the, for this purpose, mediocre hardware and installed software.

The playback from vids recorded by ST-16 has nothing to do with a SD card. The playback from video recorded by the ST-16 on its internal memory or any memory card is always choppy. The ST-16 has enough internal memory to play your video's back in hopelessly stuttering choppy 720p, as it will from whatever sd-card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval