Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Found something during repair

Reaction score
I just started back flying after several years. I had crashed my typhoon h and had to repair one of its arms. When I removed the cover to the LED on the front of my quad, there’s a connection in with the LED. Can anyone tell me what it’s for?

I just started back flying after several years. I had crashed my typhoon h and had to repair one of its arms. When I removed the cover to the LED on the front of my quad, there’s a connection in with the LED. Can anyone tell me what it’s for?
Do you have a Typhoon H (hex drone) or do you have a Typhoon Q500 (quad copter)?

I'm just guessing. But the Typhoon H has a connector for the Real Sense module under the REAR led cover, but in FRONT of the LED. If your TH does not have Real Sense, maybe what you see is the empty connector Yuneec installed, even when Real Sense was not.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm just guessing. But the Typhoon H has a connector for the Real Sense module under the REAR led cover, but in FRONT of the LED. If your TH does not have Real Sense, maybe what you see is the empty connector Yuneec installed, even when Real Sense was not.

That must be it. I have a typhoon H. When I pulled off the cover of the led on the underside of the main body, there is a connector. I wonder if it can be used for anything else?

That must be it. I have a typhoon H. When I pulled off the cover of the led on the underside of the main body, there is a connector. I wonder if it can be used for anything else?
That is the connector for RealSense. You original post made it appear you were referring to the LED cover under one of the front motor arms and calling it a quad confused the matter even more.

It is likely the connection has a 5V source and likely a 3.3V source also. Not sure what the communication channel would be, but likely I2C or UART to the F/C.

Power supply for RealSense is +5V. It's connected via second UART to MCU board. I believe you can't use the UART2 for other things because the drone FW expects RS there. But 5V may be helpful for external devices like analog FPV camera or somting like this. It is fused (F3), a similar fuse (K) like for the camera.
realsense.png

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval