Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FPVLR Antenna

Reaction score
Have tried out the new antennas a few times, and I haven't had much luck. I start lagging and losing feed anywhere between 900ft-1500ft. Always pointed in the right direction, double check that I have them on the right connections, super clear weather, lots of satellite, I can't think of anything that would be interfering with it on my end.

Anyone else had this kind of issue?

Seems to be a hit and miss affair with individual units. There are so many variables it's hard to pin down a single issue. I have a number of antennas I am getting ready to test, but it's been too windy, too hot or too rainy. Hope to do that soon. Several people have reported good results with the DBS Itelite antenna which is available from Carolina Dronz. I have one as well, but have not tested any of them as yet.

Reactions: Sage I
One problem that I have heard with aftermarket antennas...........the RF connectors on the ST16 are too short for many of the add on cables to make good connection. You either have to file down the cable antenna nut or open the ST16 and remove the spacer nut to make them longer.

One problem that I have heard with aftermarket antennas...........the RF connectors on the ST16 are too short for many of the add on cables to make good connection. You either have to file down the cable antenna nut or open the ST16 and remove the spacer nut to make them longer.

My husband did some sort of modification on the ST-16, I think he removed a nut or a washer or something from the outside, he didn't have to open it up. So they don't move at all when they're attached.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I havent had to do anythimg to my fpvlr's or my ST16. Got good range right out of the box. Just have to keep antennas pointed at it. Maybe contact them for a possible replacement?

I removed the outside nut and the post fell into the unit! Was able to get it back out, put the nut back on, and put the FPVLR antennas on it like that. It works fine. I've only flown out to 1500 feet, but had good signal.

Get rid of the washers!! But keep the ST16 upside down.
I just received my 3 fpvlr antennas kit and also have the same issue. The center wifi antenna is tight but the 2 outside antennas are loose. I just removed the lock washer reinstalled the jam nut and all is good..:D

When you guys put on a directional antenna (I like DBS), you must aim the controller. The omnidirectional antenna that come with it you don't.
I have found even a 1/4 inch movement one way the the other makes a huge difference. Watch the signal meter to see if your getting it right.

Reactions: David Wilson
How is the FPVLR set of 3 vs the stock antenna's ? are u getting significant improvement/increase?

When you guys put on a directional antenna (I like DBS), you must aim the controller. The omnidirectional antenna that come with it you don't.
I have found even a 1/4 inch movement one way the the other makes a huge difference. Watch the signal meter to see if your getting it right.
What LuvMyTJ posted is right on. I bought the antenna kit from fpvlr back in June. Although it really works as advertised, you absolutely positively have to keep the ST16 pointed directly at your TH at all times. I sometimes find myself "wandering about" when my vehicle is really far out (say 800m or more) and will lose my video downlink (sometimes telemetry as well) almost instantly if I turn away ever so slightly.
link to antenna: Long Range KIT - FPVLR

edit: I almost never use this kit anymore as I don't like to constantly install then remove them to put everything back into my backpack.

Last edited:
I also bought mine back in June and I use them every time I fly. I haven't put the stock antennas back on since I bought the Typhoon. I have no problem taking less than 30 seconds to screw both antennas on my ST16 when I fly. I have been using them and they have been dropped many times and banged around pretty bad and they look and work as good as new. Much more durable than I thought they would be. Here's a video where we went out over 9000 feet out over the woods where I often fly.

I also bought mine back in June and I use them every time I fly. I haven't put the stock antennas back on since I bought the Typhoon. I have no problem taking less than 30 seconds to screw both antennas on my ST16 when I fly. I have been using them and they have been dropped many times and banged around pretty bad and they look and work as good as new. Much more durable than I thought they would be. Here's a video where we went out over 9000 feet out over the woods where I often fly.

Do you find that you have to keep the st16 pointed directly at the H at all times or you lose the signal?

Do you find that you have to keep the st16 pointed directly at the H at all times or you lose the signal?

Absolutely yes. Now, I don't know about the 1/4 of an inch variance as mentioned earlier, but you must have a clean, unobstructed line from your radio to the Typhoon. Keep in mind that telemetry can go in and out after a few thousand feet. Connection is always better the higher you fly, up to 400 feet of course.

Yes, a 1/4" would be too sensitive. If you were to guess how directly at the H you have to point at it. Would you say that if you keep the H within the witdh of the antennas on the st16 it would be ok?

Had to do that to the ST16 with mine as well. But since they have been flawless. If they can be twisted they can be intermittent. Just remove the lockwasher and be careful not to push the threaded part back into the case and its easy to remedy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval