Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???FPVLR or ITELITE DBS???

I can see those boosters being velcro'd to the back of the TX and then the supplied cables in between the connectors all around.
Those boosters have a USB cable included, do they have some type of internal battery that requires charging?

Yes. A "4800mAh 12VDC Dual Lead Battery Pack" will also be attached. When I receive my unit I will post pics.

Mortalis:

Sunhans booster for 5.8 GHz antenna (to increase signal strength):
Sunhans Mini-RC 2W 5.8GHz Booster Gold Edition

I get the booster for the 2.4GHz telemetry link…But how will a power amp on the video side of the ST16 boost your video range? Aren't you receiving video? Shouldn't one be boosting the signal from the H itself? I realize there has to be a handshake between ground station and drone and thus a booster on both frequencies is a good idea. I see the Sunhans also is a receiver pre-amp. The output power of these boosters, 2000mw (2 watts) will probably never be fully powered at that wattage since the output of the ST16 isn't very high and in the lower range of the Sunhans needed drive for the amp. Yes, it will increase the power…But doubtful to 2 watts.

I'm interested to see how much better you do…. Often these booster increase noise in the signal and might cause other problems while gaining a stronger output signal.

Keep us posted.

Lucky Leaf...where did you find that FPVLR setup? That looks awesome!
Sorry just seen this I think someone has linked horizon above, sales in UK and US, I spoke to a guy Wednesday at the uk office and he said they are bringing out a panel version also like DBS, they have made but just working out how to fix to the ST16, they are doing 2 models and the Terminator 5.8Ghz is 19db I think he said

I get the booster for the 2.4GHz telemetry link…But how will a power amp on the video side of the ST16 boost your video range? Aren't you receiving video? Shouldn't one be boosting the signal from the H itself? I realize there has to be a handshake between ground station and drone and thus a booster on both frequencies is a good idea. I see the Sunhans also is a receiver pre-amp. The output power of these boosters, 2000mw (2 watts) will probably never be fully powered at that wattage since the output of the ST16 isn't very high and in the lower range of the Sunhans needed drive for the amp. Yes, it will increase the power…But doubtful to 2 watts.

I'm interested to see how much better you do…. Often these booster increase noise in the signal and might cause other problems while gaining a stronger output signal.

Keep us posted.

Good question. I thought the additional battery power, when combined with the ST16 battery power, will increase the output strength of the signal. When I did my research I found many people on the DJI forum have had excellent results from boosting both signals when flying their Phantom or Inspire models. They can also maintain their video connection over much greater instances. I did not find any reports regarding increases in signal noise. Worse case scenario is that I can simply detach the Sunhans from the video transmitter if I experience signal interference.

Carolona Dronz is still working on mine. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

FPV and gain

That is a really good video on explaining how antennas work. I knew that powering my antennas with Sunhans boosters would not increase substantially the range (e.g., I am not expecting my range to double). Rather, I added the power for additional assurance that I will never lose my connection with the Typhoon H. I live in a very congested area with numerous houses, trees, and power lines. When I go out more than 1000 feet, at 300 feet high, I have noticed my video feed starting to get noisy for a second or two. If I am experiencing some interference with my 5.8 GHz connection, I began to wonder if I am also experiencing some interference with my 2.4 GHz antenna, the latter being far more important.

Ultimately, I never forget that I am flying an aircraft. If I can improve safety by a few percentage points due to having a boosted transmitter then I will make the investment. After all of the reading I have done about FAA regulations about flying drones and the accidents that have occurred (mainly due to people's stupidity), I just want to do my part to ensure that I can help promote and protect our hobby.

Regarding antennas, a transmitter that can transmit both omnidirectional and helical (front, sides, and behind) would be the best setup. We do have a sufficient number of channels to support an array of antennas. However, is it too costly to manufacture that kind of antenna network? Or do an array of antennas require so much power that battery power is no longer sufficient?

Dont drop the fpvlr's on asphalt. The plastic is very brittle.
But they add about 1000 feet over the stock typhoon h antennas in my recent tests.
Mine don't tighten up all the way and spin around loose.... (that can't be good)

But they add about 1000 feet over the stock typhoon h antennas in my recent tests.
Mine don't tighten up all the way and spin around loose.... (that can't be good)
I used a very thin strip of Gorilla Tape (stronger than duct tape but would work) around the base of the antenna and top of brass. Holds perfectly.

The connectors are a bit too short on the ST16. You need to remove the washer under each connector on the ST16. Then the FPVLR antennas will tighten up very nicely!

Go with fvplr i been using mine on q5004k and it works great,they make a great product.
Don't know which one to go with. I'm not happy with the oem antenna on the st16 as I would like to be able to fly out farther than I'm capable of doing so now. I have read countless forums and pages about each type and can only come up with that I wouldn't really go wrong with either purchase. Fpvlr I believe are only $5-6 more than itelite dbs antenna. I'm just looking for some input from people that have used one or both of these. Pros and cons of each...... nnnoooooowwwww GO!!!

ANTENNAS:

ITELITE DBS.
ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

FPVLR.
Long Range KIT - FPVLR

My suggestion is to remove the washer on the ST16/ST24 to make sure the connection is tight. Any loose antenna connection only leads to communication problems. The antennas shouldn't spin or wiggle. Tony from FPVLR told me to remove the washers and it worked great. My suggestion is that you carefully remove the nut and don't over-tighten or let the female side spin at the ST16 -- I'm assuming they have a lead internally that goes to the RF board...One doesn't want to twist that internally.

I have both the DBS and FPVLR and continue to test them both. Either one is a great improvement over the stock antennas

rdmdrones.com has FPVLR H systems 20% off
Total price is less than $100.00
Call Rebecca for discount.
They also have backpacks available.

I can not recommend Rebecca or rdmdrones.com after my experience. 2 days after placing my order I got this weird email from Paypal saying they needed my address. So I contacted Rebecca and learned that she wanted to shake me down for more money after having placed the order. No thanks, I cancelled. Oh, and I had a back order placed elsewhere under favorable terms that I cancelled to buy from her. I am unable to get the deal back I previously had now.

Man you'll be able to fly to the moon with that thing! How does the balance feel tho?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio