Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???FPVLR or ITELITE DBS???

I have a Blade that I considered selling a while back. I now have a new appreciation for the bird after having Frank at Carolina Dronz do the Itelite upgrade. I just did my first real range test and I went 4900 feet without any hesitation or diminished control / video. I would not have believed it unless I just experienced it. Thanks Frank!

Was this just antenna mod or did it include boosters?

You need to be around 1.3 Ghz to be able to go behind an obstacle and not lose signal.
(In other words, the ham band frequencies.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone tested this >?
GOLD_short_LHCO_2.4GHz__33766.1405683812.1280.1280.png

The connectors are a bit too short on the ST16. You need to remove the washer under each connector on the ST16. Then the FPVLR antennas will tighten up very nicely!
OK, I'm getting ready to buy these antennas for my "H" and have just read the report regarding removing the washer. I haven't checked my "H" yet as you can tell (I'm away right now) so my ?? is - Does removing the washers require getting inside the ST16 or are the washers on the outside of the case? Thanks and my apologies.

the fpvlrs spin in place until you take the washers off...they dont mess with performance and they are right on the outside no need to open the st16 up

I didn't remove any washers on mine. Instead, I slipped an additional short piece of heat shrink tubing over the threads after twisting them to the position I wanted them to always be in. Then, I shrunk the new pieces tight and applied just a tiny drop of instant glue. They haven't twisted in months.

Michael Lassiter said:

rdmdrones.com has FPVLR H systems 20% off
Total price is less than $100.00
Call Rebecca for discount.
They also have backpacks available.

I can not recommend Rebecca or rdmdrones.com after my experience. 2 days after placing my order I got this weird email from Paypal saying they needed my address. So I contacted Rebecca and learned that she wanted to shake me down for more money after having placed the order. No thanks, I cancelled. Oh, and I had a back order placed elsewhere under favorable terms that I cancelled to buy from her. I am unable to get the deal back I previously had now.

No sir, actually it is much more likely that you didn't provide the necessary information to the system when you placed your order online. Normally you provide your receiving address so that your shipping cost can be calculated, unless you are going to pick it up.

It is very likely that:
1.) you were either ignorant of how these newfangled 'online shopping things' work and did not know that when you order something that has to be shipped, you must enter your address and pay shipping.

Or,
2.) you thought that by feeding incomplete information to a web-based computer to get an incomplete quotation and pay an incomplete amount, - that the error would just pass on through the system like the tasty sliders from White Castle. Yumm. gobble 'em up.

Now, just my opinion, but I don't think it's #1. I don't think you are that ignorant and I don't think you are stupid. So, that leaves #2.

What happened is that Rebecca had to have the system send a message to you, so that you could provide your address and pay the proper shipping. Your shipping cost. It's not ours to pay.

On that item, the shipping was not free therefore you were fully entitled and qualified to pay it, and that's the end of the statement as to who should have paid it.

So, when Rebecca told you the price for shipping (the UPS price, passed through) you didn't want to pay it. You did not want to do your share. You wanted someone else to eat your costs. It didn't happen. You were politely told "no sir".

Indeed, it was we who simply canceled the sale once you declined to pay for shipping. I believe that information is still in the server in case it need be gotten. -So another falsehood. You did not cancel. We cheerfully canceled the sale and refunded the payment to you.

When you didn't get your way, that is, you did not get free shipping, you got all mad and decided to post a silly and illogical little story to get back at a merchant,

It has all the inconsistencies and marks of a really badly concocted fib.

Notice the transition from Rebecca "wanting your shipping address" abruptly becomes "the shake down". Wow! Dr Jekyll and Ms. Hyde!! That is about as illogical a statement and unlikely a flow of events as can be thought up.

Throwing out the "red herring" of a "better deal lost" is predictable in such tales. The red herring distracts the audience from major illogic and inconsistencies (jekyll-hyde). The 'better deal lost' is a very common part of anecdotal stories of woe and wrongdoing. It's a very obvious story device used to compoud a victim's suffering and turn an audience against another party. It works in fiction but not in real life. Like I said it is very obviously make-believe here..

And now, I have corrected the account of this matter. It took some time, but, you see sir, when you write lies and nasty stories about nice people on the web or anywhere else they always find out. Then they correct it.

I found involvement in this corrective response distasteful, but you, sir, have no right to make false accusations impugning the character of Rebecca or any employee, or of the business.

We forgive you, just don't do it again.

Thanks, best regards.

Last edited:
Guys, on the ST16 pro (triple aerial) which is RC and which is video?

The 5.8 (video) is in the centre. Its the same if you do the upgrade from the st16. This is mirrored on the itelite DBS as it also has the connection for the 5.8 in the centre. Obviously then, that the 2.4 (for rc and telemetry) are on the left and right at the top of the radio.
Hope this helps.

Greetings. I have a related question. I purchased the DBS itelite antennae. It came with 3 cables that fit the DBS unit and the ST16, but it also came with a thinner 4th cable that I cannot find a purpose for or a place to connect it. Anyone care to tell me what it is for? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: brig57
Greetings. I have a related question. I purchased the DBS itelite antennae. It came with 3 cables that fit the DBS unit and the ST16, but it also came with a thinner 4th cable that I cannot find a purpose for or a place to connect it. Anyone care to tell me what it is for? Thanks in advance.

My guess is that the kit you received will cover the update to the ST16 to allow for the third antenna to be routed as an external antenna. So, if you already have the ST16 Pro, then don't worry about that 4th cable. If you do have the ST16 (just two SMA connectors on top) then you need to open it up and modify it. Let me know if this is the case and I can point you to some YT clips and also give you a little personal experience/info on the upgrade as I have done it myself.

Just to be sure- the 4th cable you are referring to is grey or black in colour, isn't it?

Reactions: brig57
My guess is that the kit you received will cover the update to the ST16 to allow for the third antenna to be routed as an external antenna. So, if you already have the ST16 Pro, then don't worry about that 4th cable. If you do have the ST16 (just two SMA connectors on top) then you need to open it up and modify it. Let me know if this is the case and I can point you to some YT clips and also give you a little personal experience/info on the upgrade as I have done it myself.

Just to be sure- the 4th cable you are referring to is grey or black in colour, isn't it?

Hello. Yes, the 4th cable is black and much thinner. I do have the ST16 Pro, so I believe you have answered my question. And solved a mystery to me I've had going on for weeks!

I knew the DBS was made specifically for the Typhoon H, so that's what threw me off with the extra cable. It never dawned on me it could be used to upgrade a non-Pro controller. Thanks a lot for giving me the right answer. And for your generous offer to help me out if I needed to upgrade my unit. I really appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33