Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???FPVLR or ITELITE DBS???

Reaction score
Don't know which one to go with. I'm not happy with the oem antenna on the st16 as I would like to be able to fly out farther than I'm capable of doing so now. I have read countless forums and pages about each type and can only come up with that I wouldn't really go wrong with either purchase. Fpvlr I believe are only $5-6 more than itelite dbs antenna. I'm just looking for some input from people that have used one or both of these. Pros and cons of each...... nnnoooooowwwww GO!!!

ANTENNAS:

ITELITE DBS.
ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

FPVLR.
Long Range KIT - FPVLR

People who have both say the range is almost identical.
So it comes down to what design you like the most.
I have the FPVLR and like it, good range and it's not that directional so no need to always point at the drone.

Reactions: Liketogethigh
I too have the FPVLR and I got double the range of the stock Antenna before I chickened out. I also ordered a DBS so I can compare the too. Either one will be a huge improvement vs Stock.

Reactions: Liketogethigh
Don't know which one to go with. I'm not happy with the oem antenna on the st16 as I would like to be able to fly out farther than I'm capable of doing so now. I have read countless forums and pages about each type and can only come up with that I wouldn't really go wrong with either purchase. Fpvlr I believe are only $5-6 more than itelite dbs antenna. I'm just looking for some input from people that have used one or both of these. Pros and cons of each...... nnnoooooowwwww GO!!!

ANTENNAS:

ITELITE DBS.
ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

FPVLR.
Long Range KIT - FPVLR
Went out for a quick range test on the beach this morning. Using the ITELITE/DBS antenna, I was able to get about 2400 feet away before video got unusable. That is the farthest I've been able to get with the new antenna. A few days ago I got about 1700 feet in a wooded area. Yesterday I flew around my neighborhood with many trees, and got about 850 feet through the trees. I did not have LOS at that point.

These numbers are an improvement over stock, but not by a huge margin. I'm going to do some further testing, but I'm not totally sold that the ITELITE/DBS solution is the best direction at this point. thinking about trying the FPVLR product.

I too have the DBS. and found that while it did handle trees a fraction better than stock it was not that much better.
however in LOS and clear un restricted signal I was able to get it to 2011m
Am still considering a FPVLR to compare for tree purposes. LOS Im very happy with DBS.

Reactions: Michael Janner
I too have the DBS. and found that while it did handle trees a fraction better than stock it was not that much better.
however in LOS and clear un restricted signal I was able to get it to 2011m
Am still considering a FPVLR to compare for tree purposes. LOS Im very happy with DBS.
What is LOS ? Please excuse my ignorance :)

Since they both have roughly the same distance improvement and disregarding the apparent flimsiness of the FPVLR, is one set more directional than the other? I currently have issues knowing exactly which direction my bird is from me. N00b, I know.

2011m

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
Does over land make a difference?
Add this was over land not water.
I don't understand what the difference is but some people keep pointing that out....
I'd like to know?

Since they both have roughly the same distance improvement and disregarding the apparent flimsiness of the FPVLR, is one set more directional than the other? I currently have issues knowing exactly which direction my bird is from me. N00b, I know.
Distance is not that important to me, thus the question in the posting.

Does anyone know where you can get the DBS in the UK ?
Closest I've found is copter.eu in Germany.
Edit: I've just found horizonfpvantennas in Wales, but although they don't seem to have a Typhoon H specific product, they might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckyleaf
Anyone know what the difference in distance is with the Euro Tx/Rx power?
I believe it is less than the US power output.
Not that I would break the law or anything.
Just wondering..

I'm thinking lower humidity helps also. I live on a high iron ore hill and don't get these kind of ranges.

I get triple my stock range with my DBS but no where close to 8000 ft closer to 2600ft. Hey it is better than 960 ft. It just goes out then stops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval