Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

From The VP of Yuneec-USA

Love it!

As a small drone owner (Walkera F210) I think Mavic is a nice concept but realistically let's break down a couple ok points.

1. 4 mile range - Bottom line useless, not to mention illegal, it's out of LOS. Nobody in their right mind would risk going beyond 2 miles at most, in the most perfect conditions, unless you have nothing to lose and $1k at minimum is all your out.

2. The camera isn't useful for anything more than FPV and close shots.

3. The sensors & gestures while cool are a sales pitch. I can't wait to see how gesture control falls apart like Siri use on a iPhone, sometimes it just faster to type in what you need.

It's a cool drone and would love to own one, but if the goal is for DJI to get into the FPV racing market, which I believe this is the actual bridge for them to break into that market, they are a laughable contender in that segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the agent I don't know what you guys in the states expect in a drone of this price I have no trouble with the quality of the video or photos in all three yuneec drones, there was an article in the Courier Mail (a Queensland newspaper) today about a drone used for survey the camera alone costs
$300.000 Au

WOW! People discussing the DJI MAVIC in this thread? OK, I have to add my two cents then...

It is obvious that at this point in time (October 2016) the DJI Mavic is not for everyone. However, given the fact that it has the most advanced specs of any drone on the market, is filled with features... so friggin many that most owners will never use them all, and it is priced nicely and blows away the competition... even slaughtering some of it's own DJI products, my prediction is that it will now become the new standard in drones. This drone even has tap focus which many reviewers were unaware of (have a look at the display there is a Manual Focus and Auto Focus).

Remember the old phrase... The best camera for any situation is the one you have with you. I can see almost every new and cool drone footage being shot by a DJI Mavic which will just continue to cause it's popularity to increase.

Like it or not, the DJI Mavic will be the new drone standard due to popularity... and it's popularity will be due to it's portability.

WOW! People discussing the DJI MAVIC in this thread? OK, I have to add my two cents then...

It is obvious that at this point in time (October 2016) the DJI Mavic is not for everyone. However, given the fact that it has the most advanced specs of any drone on the market, is filled with features... so friggin many that most owners will never use them all, and it is priced nicely and blows away the competition... even slaughtering some of it's own DJI products, my prediction is that it will now become the new standard in drones. This drone even has tap focus which many reviewers were unaware of (have a look at the display there is a Manual Focus and Auto Focus).

Remember the old phrase... The best camera for any situation is the one you have with you. I can see almost every new and cool drone footage being shot by a DJI Mavic which will just continue to cause it's popularity to increase.

Like it or not, the DJI Mavic will be the new drone standard due to popularity... and it's popularity will be due to it's portability.
Truly stated, but these features and follow me toys will never impact the commercial mapping, agricultural and surveying markets and will entice the photography hobby market more so !

Truly stated, but these features and follow me toys will never impact the commercial mapping, agricultural and surveying markets and will entice the photography hobby market more so !
Exactly. I can see, in the near future that you'll have two options for drones. Either a small portable selfie style drone with image and video quality that is slightly better than the best cellphone camera on the market (i.e., what 90% of the populations uses daily), or a drone that can handle a bigger payload & bigger and better camera for commercial or high end hobby purposes.

Reactions: DroneClone

I have to agree with you on this. I ordered my Mavic right away. Will it replace my H? No way. They will both be used for different things. The mavic will be for the unplanned stuff when I just have it with me because it is so small. The H will be for planned AP shoots. I also have an Autel in the mix that will get used often too.

Reactions: Brent
I thought perhaps Mavic had been shortened from Maverick, but I see the trademark was first for a bicycle.

Exactly. I can see, in the near future that you'll have two options for drones. Either a small portable selfie style drone with image and video quality that is slightly better than the best cellphone camera on the market (i.e., what 90% of the populations uses daily), or a drone that can handle a bigger payload & bigger and better camera for commercial or high end hobby purposes.
Wait till you see DJI's flagship drone in a few months, kind of in-between the Phantom and Inspire as
far as size with even more technology than the Mavic.
Still a quad, kind of pricey but has a killer camera on board.

Got my Mavic on order also.

The H dinosaur will be the first to be sold then maybe the Phantom.
DJI will be releasing there flagship model y middle of next year that won't disappoint.

The Mavic is simplicity and sophistication all in one.

Unfortunately I have to agree ............The MAVIC is going to be the new standards for personal drones. The TYPOON H is in a class of its own with YUNNEC hitting a home run with the TYPOON H PRO platform. These are two completely different drones that stand on their own.

Reactions: David Wilson
Glad to see the fans are out. It's easy to believe in something that hasn't even been released yet. :)

On the other hand, I took my YTH out today and had an awesome flight - flew out to 4,400 feet on stock antennas, got some great video (the new firmware really makes a difference) and hand caught it (showing off in front of the kids). I can't see the point in waiting weeks for a new toy when the current machine delivers so much and clearly has room to evolve.

Glad to see the fans are out. It's easy to believe in something that hasn't even been released yet. :)

I know, you're right, I have not had my hands on the Mavic but I'm certainly impressed due to the ease of use. I was the same way when the Typhoon H was announced.

From the reviews, this is a game changer for portability and features. DJI even added a digital zoom to the camera in additional to the tap to focus, so for amateur photographers it's pretty sweet (get in the air quick and get the shot). I still love my Typhoon and Phantom and soon I'm hoping to love the Mavic as well. If it's as good as all the reviews, then my Phantom will be up for sale. The Typhoon will stay as it's one of the very few really good hobby HEX copters on the market.

Here is a recent review in 4K showing some nice images & features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval