Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

From The VP of Yuneec-USA

I've already had 3 separate occasions while on Lake Huron, and once at large mud bog event where the P4 could not be flown due to excessive wind. That's one big reason I rely on the H; it is truly a camera on a tripod with unmatched gimbal control that handles high wind and lands (without hand catching) in 25+ mph wind. I'll be interested to see how the Mavic handles wind because weighing 1/2 the Phantom basic physics tells me it won't be stable.

Reactions: abinder
I've already had 3 separate occasions while on Lake Huron, and once at large mud bog event where the P4 could not be flown due to excessive wind. That's one big reason I rely on the H; it is truly a camera on a tripod with unmatched gimbal control that handles high wind and lands (without hand catching) in 25+ mph wind. I'll be interested to see how the Mavic handles wind because weighing 1/2 the Phantom basic physics tells me it won't be stable.

I dont think it will handle wind very well; they programmed the software to call out wind problems already. It will detect and alert to wind issues for you, which tells me they have a concern - but it is cool to be able to detect that.

The biggest issue with the mavic is a hand catch is very dangerous, as it has no feet/legs and the distance to the blades is very small at all parts of the frame. Because it has next to nothing for landing feet, landing in grass and similar will be a challenge and prop wear/damage is to be expected. You will almost always have to look for near perfect flat surfaces.

With all that said, its actually a very appealing system... I am not in the market to buy one, but I see how people would be attract to that model. I can't wait to see the first few months of reviews while everyone figures out1 the good and bad of that unit, it could produce some insights we have not thought of yet.

I've already had 3 separate occasions while on Lake Huron, and once at large mud bog event where the P4 could not be flown due to excessive wind. That's one big reason I rely on the H; it is truly a camera on a tripod with unmatched gimbal control that handles high wind and lands (without hand catching) in 25+ mph wind...

I will say that the TH has some remarkable wind handling.... Its amazing at that.. I would not dare to fly in the kind of wind I have seen people fly these in Youtube videos....

I also don't think the Mavic is designed to compete with the kind of wind the TH will handle so I'm not going to be calling it out for that.... still a respectable machine in own way.

Last edited:
Once I make the call I am going to release the info that anyone can find if you dig hard enough, No reason that DC and others should be privy to the corp complaint center to get things done. I guess they still live in the knowledge is power world -- I do not! I share what I know so Once I validate contact, Ill post the numbers and or emails to Yuneecn Corp Support

By the way the best way to find them is on Linkdin or whatever its called -- Just search for the VP of Yuneec and you find it eventually :) and then email him you complaint!

Last edited:

The H does handle the wind very well, it is simply larger and heavier with a shorter
flight time. Its like comparing a compact car on the highway on a windy day as apposed
to a larger vehicle with more weight.

I also find my Phantom can handle strong wind just as well, it looks like it is
struggling and being bounced around more but in the end it can maintain course
and complete its mission.

You may have seen the video of a Mavic flying in very strong winds on a beach
and returning to within inches of its takeoff with ease.
Very impressive for a small light drone.

The H does handle the wind very well, it is simply larger and heavier with a shorter
flight time. Its like comparing a compact car on the highway on a windy day as apposed
to a larger vehicle with more weight.

I also find my Phantom can handle strong wind just as well, it looks like it is
struggling and being bounced around more but in the end it can maintain course
and complete its mission.

You may have seen the video of a Mavic flying in very strong winds on a beach
and returning to within inches of its takeoff with ease.
Very impressive for a small light drone.

A steadier drone makes for steadier footage, and less chance of props showing up in your video. To me it seems noticable where you get Phantom footage that includes panning - it's always small, sharp movements rather than the glide you get from the Typhoon's 360 degree gimbal.

Returning back to where you landed is nothing to do with size or power - the Mavic uses a downwards facing camera to 'recognise' where it took off from, which is a nice software trick, but would be just as possible for the Typhoon to do with RealSense or even with the CGO3+.

Once I make the call I am going to release the info that anyone can find if you dig hard enough, No reason that DC and others should be privy to the corp complaint center to get things done. I guess they still live in the knowledge is power world -- I do not! I share what I know so Once I validate contact, Ill post the numbers and or emails to Yuneecn Corp Support

By the way the best way to find them is on Linkdin or whatever its called -- Just search for the VP of Yuneec and you find it eventually :) and then email him you complaint!

Please don't publish people's numbers. It's not a nice thing to do, especially when people are being paid to 'attack' rival products. Whilst it's good that DC got a result with perseverance, hassling the senior management rarely ends well and can end up with worse service for everyone if they 'pull up the drawbridge'.

Please don't publish people's numbers. It's not a nice thing to do, especially when people are being paid to 'attack' rival products. Whilst it's good that DC got a result with perseverance, hassling the senior management rarely ends well and can end up with worse service for everyone if they 'pull up the drawbridge'.

Yeah your right -- I was on another tangent -- I need to take a break -- Thanks Tuna --

Didnt this thread start out as a discussion on the CGO3-ET ?

Anyway, if anyone is still interested it looks like it will sell for between $1800-2000. USD

Release date: December 2016 ( which means probably June 2017)

And the specs:

- Exothermal imaging and low light camera 1080p combined and receivable (picture-in-picture or superimposed)
- Temperature measurement and display.
- Multiple color spectra offers users selectable visualization of heat sources.
- Adjustable temperature detection scale for specific ranges.
- Gimbal mounted IR for smooth detection display.
- Large RGB sensor "sees" better detail in the dark than the human eye.
- HD and infrared simultaneous recording.
- Remote camera settings.
- 3 Axis Gimbal.
- 360 degree unlimited gimbal rotation.
- Team mode capability.
- Low distortion lens.
- CGO-ET application, available in the App Store and Google Play Store.

Or you can wait 6-12 months after released and get it for half when new technology is in the makes or when they realize not to many bites on that price tag...

For me it just seems necessary if you need the night application, awesome spec though

Reactions: John K. Fitzgerald
Or you can wait 6-12 months after released and get it for half when new technology is in the makes or when they realize not to many bites on that price tag...

For me it just seems necessary if you need the night application, awesome spec though

You are right, I have been in the electronics biz my entire life and can guarantee the specs will improve and the price will drop over time! the question is, how bad do we want it and how long can we hold out? :)

well currently i have no use for it even if i got it for free...so im holding out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval