Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Full cage for Plus and H520.

Just curious, Eagle... have you seen a post complaining they did NOT protect as claimed?

Another of my “could not resist” comebacks. But still curious.

Jeff

Actually for that original prop protector, I have not seen any posts about anyone using it all.

For those of you that question how the cage would be good for roof inspections I wish I could show you just 2 of the videos I have got of the 520 doing roof inspections with the cage. You can get to places you would never even attempt it without the cage. Unfortunately I cannot show you but as soon as I’m allowed believe me I’ll be rushing it up here on the forum.

Reactions: AH-1G and Ty Pilot
The new firmware update give a digital zoom function which will aid inspection. I believe Yuneec said x 8 at the show yesterday

Reactions: AH-1G
The new firmware update give a digital zoom function which will aid inspection. I believe Yuneec said x 8 at the show yesterday

So let me get this right. You spoke to Dan or Simon at the show and they confirmed the digital zoom was in v1.5?
Is that correct buddy?

Reactions: BigAl07
For those of you that question how the cage would be good for roof inspections I wish I could show you just 2 of the videos I have got of the 520 doing roof inspections with the cage. You can get to places you would never even attempt it without the cage. Unfortunately I cannot show you but as soon as I’m allowed believe me I’ll be rushing it up here on the forum.

I'm all in with your assessment, Peggy!

This cage will not prevent a crash from someone doing something stupid. It may lessen the damage from a crash, but from afar, I cannot see it minimizing much; all dependent on the type of crash, altitude, speed, etc.

What I do see is exactly what you [Peggy] describe. It will allow us to get to places normally out of bounds for anyone who wants to conserve their aircraft and use it again.

Looking forward to seeing more of this device in action.

Jeff

With regards to the cage for the TH480 - I bought it and used it once. I wasn't worth the effort for me. It was a PITA to put on and remove.

NB: I don't do inspections

With regards to the cage for the TH480 - I bought it and used it once. I wasn't worth the effort for me. It was a PITA to put on and remove.

NB: I don't do inspections
But isn't this cage different from what you have/had?

Yes, this is a definite upgrade from that original design... I had come to the same conclusion that @rdonson had on the originals... too much trouble for too little protection... 6 Trojans would be more effective... ;)

Yes, this is a definite upgrade from that original design... I had come to the same conclusion that @rdonson had on the originals... too much trouble for too little protection... 6 Trojans would be more effective... ;)

Not with the year they’re having.

Oh wait... Eagle is probably not talking college [PAC-12] football.

Sorry...

Jeff

[emoji15]

Not with the year they’re having.

Oh wait... Eagle is probably not talking college [PAC-12] football.

Sorry...

Jeff

[emoji15]

Yes, those Trojans have too little protection as well...

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I have asked if I can release the videos that I have of the cage in full action. I will update and/or upload as soon as I have a yes. I think you will all be stunned. In one of the videos you will just simply sit back, smile and say yes to yourself.

Well I certainly could have used that cage today @Peggy as soon as you get a release date can you update me? IMG_20181116_112032.jpegIMG_20181116_111941.jpegIMG_20181116_112110.jpeg

Reactions: pixelzombie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss