Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Full cage for Plus and H520.

Guys, Now sit back, grab a beer and enjoy the show. I have now been given the all clear to release the videos, so I have made them a little more interesting by adding some music instead of just banging up the clips.
Now if you dont think this is worth it's weight in gold for INDOOR flying (not bouncing off the nearest tree) for inspection work I would think you were bonkers.
It will be available to buy within the next couple of weeks at a price of £349.99 from Yuneec UK. It will also be available to Europe. I will try to find out if it is going to be available to USA and rest of world

As promised here it is.

Yes Michael, that job would have been awesome for the cage. Great example of when it would have been used.
Video of cage now let loose.
In your youtube

Reactions: Peggy
Guys, Now sit back, grab a beer and enjoy the show. I have now been given the all clear to release the videos, so I have made them a little more interesting by adding some music instead of just banging up the clips.
Now if you dont think this is worth it's weight in gold for INDOOR flying (not bouncing off the nearest tree) for inspection work I would think you were bonkers.
It will be available to buy within the next couple of weeks at a price of £349.99 from Yuneec UK. It will also be available to Europe. I will try to find out if it is going to be available to USA and rest of world

As promised here it is.

Thank you, Peggy, for posting this video!

I believe most will concur... the last "scene" says all that needs to be said. I can think of many instances where I could have used this device rather than risk injury or equipment, to get a view in tight, barely accessible quarters.

Looking forward to its release. Hopefully at a "more" reasonable price. (Of course, "reasonable" is subjective.)

Thanks again!

Jeff

Last edited:

I believe most will concur... the last "scene" says all that needs to be said. I can think of many instances where I could have used this device rather than risk injury or equipment, to get a view in tight, barely accessible quarters.

Looking forward to its release. Hopefully at a reasonable price. (Of course, "reasonable" is subjective.)

Thanks again!

Jeff

He gave us an idea of the pricing:

"at a price of £349.99 from Yuneec UK. "

That's going to be roughly $449.46 USD before s/h unfortunately. Like I said in another thread the first time it saves an aircraft it's money saved though but still a high price tag unfortunately.

Last edited:
He gave us an idea of the pricing:

"at a price of £349.99 from Yuneec UK. "

That's going to be roughly $49.46 USD before s/h unfortunately. Like I said in another thread the first time it saves an aircraft it's money saved though but still a high price tag unfortunately.

BigAl07,

Yes, I saw the price Peggy posted. That's why I stated "reasonable". I edited the post to now include "more reasonable". :eek:

Now... go edit YOUR post before people fall over in disbelief at what you stated was the "...roughly $49.46 USD".

Jeff

P.S. I'm on your side, by the way. All in good fun!

Reactions: BigAl07
BigAl07,

Yes, I saw the price Peggy posted. That's why I stated "reasonable". I edited the post to now include "more reasonable". :eek:

Now... go edit YOUR post before people fall over in disbelief at what you stated was the "...roughly $49.46 USD".

Jeff

P.S. I'm on your side, by the way. All in good fun!

LOL Good catch. Silly fat fingers have a mind of their own sometimes. Thank you sir.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Looking forward to its release. Hopefully at a "more" reasonable price. (Of course, "reasonable" is subjective.)

Thanks again!

Jeff
Indeed Jeff, that last scene was the one where i quoted in another post where you would just smile and say yes....now thats what its used for.
I'm sure we could all pick up some scrap carbon fibre and make one for £70...€80....$95 but do i fancy building it.....no thanks

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I’m not at all familiar with the h520. I was curious, does the standard camera have a zoom?

I’m not at all familiar with the h520. I was curious, does the standard camera have a zoom?

No zooms on any of the cameras, as yet.

Software [digital] zoom, perhaps... sometime in the future? Not starting rumors... thought I read something to that effect, but can't remember what thread. Don't quote me!

Jeff

[Edit: sheesh! It was THIS thread mentioning digital zoom. I need a vacation. Or a good nap.]

Last edited:
No zooms on any of the cameras, as yet.

Software zoom, perhaps... sometime in the future? Not starting rumors... thought I read something to that effect, but can't remember what thread. Don't quote me!

Jeff
A 8x zoom is on the new E10T so I am lead to believe. It's only digital zoom though not manual

Super!
What I noticed on several occasions, and especially going between the narrow two metal buildings, you had control of the H. Unlike when I'm flying in close proximity of large metal structures, I have issues trying to navigate. Was the GPS off?

Super!
What I noticed on several occasions, and especially going between the narrow two metal buildings, you had control of the H. Unlike when I'm flying in close proximity of large metal structures, I have issues trying to navigate. Was the GPS off?

Wasn’t my videos buddy. I wasn’t flying the test flights. I was sent them by yuneec UK but I can ask that question for you and I will reply here if I get an answer.

As promised here it is.

Hi Peggy. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any further details on availability- in Australia specifically?

Hi Peggy. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any further details on availability- in Australia specifically?
Hi @Faz1
It is a Yuneec UK design but no doubt they will ship it to you. It's not going to be available for a couple of weeks yet.
Other than that I have been chatting to Haydn Gerken who owns Mountain View Enterprises and is the Yuneec Importer for Australia. He may be able to get hold of a few but with import duty and shipping I would hazard a guess they will be a bit more expensive than the £350 here.
Have a word with Haydn and see what he says buddy

The video did not show the landing gear retracted, also you could not get unobstructed photos & video

The video did not show the landing gear retracted, also you could not get unobstructed photos & video

The landing legs cannot be retracted, if you fly without turning gimble but turn the copter there is hardly no obtrusion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy