Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fun afteroon with Typhoon H & GoPro Karma

Reaction score
About a month ago a friend of mine decided to purchase a GoPro Karma as his first "high-end" UAV, and he asked me for some "training" before trying to fly on his own. After a few practice flights on backyards and small parks, we decided to go out to the open to have some unrestricted fun.

We weren't trying to get any cinematic footage or award winning photos, it was mainly a casual practice session without any purpose other than enjoy our flying robots.

At one point when I saw my friend was getting comfortable flying his Karma, I decided to power up the H at the same time, so we could take a couple of clips of each other's aircraft on the air, so there were 2 units on the air, definitely catching the attention of the people nearby.

We didn't attempt anything too risky, and I was letting my friend know at all times when I was going to get too close so we wouldn't end up flying right into each other. Oh boy did we have lots of fun!

The H and Karma might not be the "latest" or the most powerful UAVs out there, but I just can't see myself getting bored from flying my H even after 2 years. Also, I hadn't flown a Karma ever, and even though it has its quirks it is definitely an interesting machine.

Anyway, I compliled some clips from that day and I wanted to share them with you.

Greetings!

Last edited:
I still fly a rather old P2V+ (when I'm not flying my H) and still get loads of fun from it. Certainly no-where as sophisticated as the H but still has it's uses. Indeed, I'm doing a commercial job with it tomorrow. I chose to use the P2V+ for this job in preference to the H because getting to the site involves a rather long trek up a steep hill and the P2V+ will be a lot easier to lug around than the H.

I still fly a rather old P2V+ (when I'm not flying my H) and still get loads of fun from it. Certainly no-where as sophisticated as the H but still has it's uses. Indeed, I'm doing a commercial job with it tomorrow. I chose to use the P2V+ for this job in preference to the H because getting to the site involves a rather long trek up a steep hill and the P2V+ will be a lot easier to lug around than the H.

Gotta love options!!!

“Different tools for different tasks, or... the right tool for the job.”

Read or heard variations of the above our whole lives, right? Probably one reason I don’t get rid of old equipment. Eventually I find a need or use.

I do know now, I am so much more relaxed flying my H480 for the pure enjoyment of flying, partly because I have gained much more experience over the last two years, but also because I know there is another H480 as well as an H520 was in the hangar, ready when the phone rings or email pings for another assignment.

I have a feeling the H480 will be with me for as long as I can keep them flying. Similar, is suspect, to your P2, Flush!

Good luck with your assignment!

Jeff

Gotta love options!!!

“Different tools for different tasks, or... the right tool for the job.”

Read or heard variations of the above our whole lives, right? Probably one reason I don’t get rid of old equipment. Eventually I find a need or use.

I do know now, I am so much more relaxed flying my H480 for the pure enjoyment of flying, partly because I have gained much more experience over the last two years, but also because I know there is another H480 as well as an H520 was in the hangar, ready when the phone rings or email pings for another assignment.

I have a feeling the H480 will be with me for as long as I can keep them flying. Similar, is suspect, to your P2, Flush!

Good luck with your assignment!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.
The job is for a small fitness company who trains people to do Nordic Walking and takes their clients out for walks across the Pennines. They actually booked the flight last year to be done on the 12th...tomorrow. The weather tomorrow doesn't look great but I'm hoping to get lucky and find a window in the rain at the same time that they are expected to walk across my field of operations. I sent a form to the organizers last month for the walkers to sign so that I can fly within 50m of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval